“Make sure you make your arrangements to get back to the airport before you stay here”

Migny Hotel Opera Montmartre
Ranked #1,226 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel mainly because it was one of the only hotel in Paris I could get a room for 5. To start out with, this is not a three star hotel. The breakfast was good but the room was very small and the bathroom was way too small for 5 people. It's in a bad neighborhood on a very LOUD street. I was kept up each night by the loud traffic outside the hotel. When we got there, the whole family was tired and jetlagged an wanted nothing more than to rest for a couple hours before sightseeing. We arrived at about 9am and they would not let us into the room until 3pm!!! This is unacceptable and basically killed our first day in Paris! I have traveled extensively on business in Europe and never had to wait for a room that long. Even worse, the incident that killed the whole stay for me was being told by the front desk the first train from Gare du Nore back to the airport was at 6am and that since we had 5 people in our party the only way we could get to the airport for at 8am flight was to use his advertised shuttle service at 90 euros!! After reseaching this awhile, I found this was definitely not true! The first train is at 4:53am, plenty of time to get to the airport. You can take either the 30 bus or the NO1 bus which runs all night every 30 minutes at the main road and in 10 minutes you can be at the train station. I can't tell you how much it upset me not to be able to trust the front desk for anything. We will not be back. Valuewise, it wasn't that bad but I don't like getting lied to.

Room Tip: I would try a larger hotel. These small hotels lack service and the rooms are way too small.
5  Thank agmallas
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Sir,
Check in is available at 3PM because we need to clean our rooms before check in, I am sure you can understand this. In all websites (including ours) it's clearly written and if you anticipated by preventing the hotel of your arrival time we would have given a room earlier. I am really sorry to learn it's killed your fist day in Paris but this is really not our fault.
Concerning your train to the airport, first train is at 5AM but I want to give good information to our readers. It's not true to write bus 30 is available al night long but only from 7AM till 10:30PM and bus number "01" doesn't exist in Paris (form 20 to 99 !!)...Our staff told you first bus or metro is available from 6AM and it's true, this is not a "lie": Why would we lie to our guests????
Shuttle is available from the hotel to the airports for 20€/pers and it's a private company...
However, I am happy to read:" Valuewise, it wasn't that bad" and sorry to read your review but I'm sure it's only misunderstanding.
Best regards from Paris.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at the end of June for 4 days. We were traveling with our children and were looking to avoid a $2000 bill. We checked into the hotel and were given a room on the third floor in the front of the hotel. The floor was very dirty, the bathroom was small and the night noise was loud. But what was even louder was the air conditioner. It buzzed like an alarm clock every two minutes!! Told the desk they switched our room. They also told us that all the air conditioners made that noise!! We moved to the back of the hotel on the 6th floor. Room was better,no screaming air conditioner,but the floor was very dirty. The walls were very thin and we could here the guys coming and going. The hotel itself doesn't look bad in the halls and such new pergo floors etc. but the lobby could use a little touch-up. I didn't feel like we could tell them about the dirty floors because they were dirty all over and didn't feel like cleaning our room would help. We actually showered and step into thongs as to never have our feet touch the floor. The neighborhood was too close to the sex shops for a family. Not the hotels fault. Americans will not be used to this kind of area and might want to steer clear. I know the staff will respond to this like it is our fault for not telling them but beware. I would never stay at this hotel again but if I was a college guy this would be no problem.

3  Thank emilyan
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review.
First room you received had an air conditioner problem. We fixed it and I apologize for this.
I am happy you preferred your second room but disappointed to read you find the floor so dirty. I will immediately contact our maintenance staff and forward this message. Our floors are french parquet which makes maintenance very easy.
You wrote: "I know the staff will respond to this like it is our fault for not telling them but beware", but sincerely I would have been delighted to come and speak to you if you had asked for me...

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I am not sure how this hotel is a 3 star. This is a hostel not a hotel. Our observations include:
1. There is an elevator which has hardly space for 2 people. Never seen such a thing in my entire life. Not all rooms are accessible by the elevator. So, we had to use the elevator to go up. Then carry our luggage through a corridor to get to stairs and carry them down one full level to get to our room.
2. Our room was very cramped.
3. Our room had very noisy laminate flooring.
4. The bathroom was full of molds. There was a hairdryer in the bath room but the cord was so dirty that you couldn't even touch it.
5. We couldn't even dare to touch the towels in the bathroom. I bet the towels have been in use for at least 10 years. The towels are worn out and stained. Please see the pictures.
6. There was a safe in the room but it was not attached to anything. It was so light that you could easily lift it up. Basically it was useless.
7. The door of our room had a chain which was broken.
8. The room has been renovated but with the cheapest possible materials.
9. The room did not have an iron. But was provided uopn request.
10. Just north of the hotel, near the Pigalle Metro station is a very bad neighbourhood full of swinger places, sex shops, and strip clubs. Hookers are wandering in the area for business. But south of the hotel is a nice neighbourhood with small cafes and nice pastry shops.
11. The night shift receiptionist was very friendly and helpful.

5  Thank RyanC2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Madam,
I would like to answer to your review point by point:
1/ Our elevator was integrally renovated in August 2011 and can contain 3 persons. Please note Paris is a very old city and our building was built in 1930 and you will NEVER find a very big elevator in old Parisian building.
2/ Your room was a double room ( 13m2)...
3/ Each room has French parquet and absolutely not laminate floor. You can see it in all our pictures.
4/ Your bathroom was renovated 2 weeks before your arrival. Your pictures are totally dishonest.
5/ We rent our towels ans sheets to a company and I apologise if some towels wasn't appropriate. It's totally ridiculous to write towels have been in use for at least 10 years...
6/ Safe is free in all rooms. Keys are available at the reception on request but you NEVER came at the reception to complaint about any point in you review.
7/ Sorry for the broken chain. We fixed this problem.
8/ All our rooms was renovated and we bought our materials in Italy to a very famous company.
9/ Iron is only on request ( for security reason we are an hotel for families).
10/ Apparently you didn't like North area and appreciate south area of the hotel. We are located in the most tourist area in Paris...
11/ If you find our night shift receptionist very nice why didn't you ask him to find a solution to your "problems"?. Why didn't you ask us to change your room if you didn't like it so much?
I am sorry if you find your stay so bad and if it's ruined it but I am sure you expected 5 stars services for 3 stars price.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank PPURAVIAPPAN S

Reviewed June 27, 2012

am travelling mostly in europe , had been to paris many times, and i decided to change the usual hotels i am checkin in on monthly based.

this hotel is located at the heart of paris, easy transportaion services from & to..

rooms are fine,breakfast is more than enough..
i recommend for anyone who is looking for a 3 star hotel

Room Tip: not noisy,good matress and "centre ville" location
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely review!
I am so very pleased you feel that way about your recent stay at The Hotel Migny Opera Montmartre and I sincerely hope that we will be having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Clean and all renewed.
Good french 3 stars hotel, good location for touring
Generous service. The friendly night-keeper gave us great tip for touring!
We were surprised for the great value we got for a reasonable price we paid (for Paris! )

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest;
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am particularly pleased to read that you have enjoyed the service that my team has delivered during your stay.
I am glad you enjoyed our new room with new bathroom.
Hope to see you very soon in Paris.
Kind regards.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

best money value 3 stars hotel in Paris
very welcoming boutique hotel with new rooms and bathrooms

Room Tip: best value for 3stars hotel in Paris
1  Thank gerard g

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our new rooms and new bathrooms.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Migny Opera Montmartre in the hopefully not too distant future!
Thanks again for your feedback.
Best regards from Paris.