“Fair price and good location but tight rooms”
Review of Hotel Innova

Hotel Innova
Ranked #894 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank R R
There are newer reviews for Hotel Innova

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I got to agree with the most reviewers, the rooms in the hotel are smallish... but nevertheless I love this place, its small rooms, open tiny balconies, views from the windows, very friendly staff. It is located only 20 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower and for that location it is very reasonably priced! On top of that the tube station is right in front of the hotel and it is very easy to get around Paris by tube once you've studied the map. There are a few grocery shops just around the corner, so you can have wonderful fresh baguettes, wine and cheeses any time of the day. Next time I am in Paris, I will certainly try to come back here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was always clean, quiet, and comfortable. It was on the same block as the Pasteur Metro station (the Metro was wonderful). It was within walking distance of the Montparnasse train station which was important to us because the Air
France bus (line 4) runs from both airports to the Montparnasse train station. I recommend taking the Air France bus (available even if you don't fly with them). It's very reliable and relatively comfortable. The Innova wasn't fancy but it was everything we wanted at a fair price. We didn't try the breakfast buffet at 9 euros per person. In hindsight I wish we had because 9 euros is cheap for a good meal in Paris. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is always better. We waited about 15 minutes to get a higher level room and I'm glad we d...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was at this hotel a month ago, I thin kit has great location as it is one block away from Pasteur subway station.

The Room was small but good for 3 people, clean, everything worked well an we could see the Eiffel Tower from our window, wasn't an awesome but nice :)

We didn't touch the breakfast at all, it didn't seem worth the 9 euros.

The front desk was very helpful and friendly, WiFi was great and free.

Room Tip: our room was on the 5th floor I think it was room 511, it cost us $150 night per 3 we were there Aug...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LOBV11
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to Paris for a conference and shared a room with 3 other colleagues. We absolutely loved this place! The rooms were big enough for the 4 of us, with a very nice bath room and a huge window with a nice view. The beds were very comfy! The room service was impeccable and the maids were so friendly, making an effort to chatting to speaking english when we saw the on the corridors. The staff is generally really helpful and friendly, we had soooo many questions and they were very polite and assisted us in everything. For example, it was no problem at all to have separate check out and payment and receipt for the 4 of us which I don't think would have been possible that easy in other places. All the receptionists speak perfect english as well.
Wifi is free and I had great signal, even though I was on the 6th floor, again something I had trouble with in other places.
I really liked the location, although I heard someone commenting on how it not right in the centre. I found it really easy to get to everything and actually walked to most of the tourist attractions (although can take 30 mins to Eiffel tower, we had good weather though so were happy walking). Metro station is literally opposite the place.
We didn't try the breakfast but there is very nice places nearby to get food at any time of the day and even for little money - e.g. there is a Pasta fast food place right next to it if you're on a budget (but also really nice restaurants, as well as bars).
As you might be able to conclude from this review, I really love this place and will definitely stay here again when I come to Paris next!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jawe_12
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Was looking for a hotel within easy walking distance of Montparnasse train station. This one certainly met our needs. Very basic amenities, through our room had a very spacious bathroom, and amazingly enough, a view of the Eiffel Tower. (Don't get you hopes up - from the looks of things, there are maybe a dozen rooms in the whole place that offer that little perk! You had to stand on one foot and lean out the window to see the whole thing!) The desk staff was nice enough, though I bought some internet time to print my boarding pass for the next day and I think the computer was running Windows 95 - REALLY! Would have been easier to walk to the airport and have them write the out the boarding pass by hand!

It's about a ten minute walk (up hill!) from the train station, and there's a metro station right across the street, so that all worked well. (We were able to connect to the RER from the Metro, to catch a train to CDG for a noon-time flight.) This is a vibrant neighborhood with lots of eateries, cinemas, etc, a bit off the typical tourist track of center city. We like that.

In giving three stars, I mean it's just a good, clean, reasonable place to stay. No frills, but we got a decent price on Booking.com. I would certainly stay again, simply for the proximity to the train station.

Room Tip: Une vue de Tour Eiffel, SVP ? :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PDCE-85
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Last time I stayed here was 2011. I stayed recently for five nights in September 2012. The hotel decor hasn't changed much in past several years; luckily, neither has the front desk staff who are still as friendly and accepting of my poor French as they were in 2009. This time, I spent some more time exploring areas to the west of the hotel and found several moderate sized grocery stores within walking distance for self-catering. I also purchased a one-week Navigo pass for zones 1-5 which got me to/from CDG and out to Versailles and back as well as to/from meetings everyday. A great deal at 33 euros and with Innova right at the Pasteur Metro station you are set to go anywhere.

This place isn't fancy. But it is dependable and if you want staff who are dependable, and kind in letting your practice your language skills this is a great place to stay. It isn't fancy, the rooms are small (but clean), but it certainly does fine for a 2-star hotel.

Room Tip: The street side is quite noisy if you like windows open at night. Rooms near stairs can be a bit noi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business