“Beautiful Paris”

Ibis Paris Avenue d'Italie 13eme
Ranked #756 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Situated in a very nice area in Paris. Very close to Metro and easy trip to centre of City. Lots of buses as well.
Large shopping centre straight across the road with good retailers. Plenty of varieties (Italian, Mexican, Japanese + a Maccas and KFC) of eateries to dine at. Unbelievable Markets 3 times a week close by as well. Have stayed both sides but would definitely choose to stay this side of Paris if I go again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here by myself for five nights while exploring Paris. Though the hotel itself is in the 13th Arrondissement getting yourself to all the major tourist attractions couldn't be easier given the proximity to a main metro station (Place d'Italie). The area is not one of the prettiest in Paris, but still not bad, and there are plenty of restaurants and patisseries about, including a large shopping centre literally across the street.

The room was definitely small, but I expected this and didn't mind. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet at night so that's what counted. Two things I would've appreciated would be a small fridge as well as a couple more English speaking TV channels. BBC News got tiresome at night, I made do with the unlimited free internet though. If I had the need I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed on a ground floor room facing the courtyard, was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Before going to Paris I researched lots of hotels and came to the conclusion that a lot of the 4 star central overpriced hotels were smoking rooms, dated decorations and poor bathrooms (a common feature in Paris having visited many a smelly loo!!!). We paid £49.00 per night for a twin room, and yes it was small - our twin beds pushed together meaning the only difference between a double being sheets tucked in, but the room was clean, the linen was clean and the bathroom very clean (and the whole hotel non smoking), this for me meant value for money.

We found the staff very helpful too and the area safe (a few homeless people evident but never did we, as two females, feel threatened). We did use the hotel safe boxes for our passports entering our own code (free to use) and asked for a travel adapter again free of charge when our's stopped working.
Our room was 514 which faced the rear of the building and was quiet even with the window open on a hot August evening. I did have a peek in the other rooms being cleaned on the 5th Floor and all seemed to be similar to ours (no guaruantee of a good room I suppose but in the 4 days I also did not hear any complaints).

I can’t comment also on the rooms at the Place D’Italie Ibis if you are looking at both but having walked around that area I would say that this one is a bit better location – both are really close to the Metro but this hotel feels in a more open area with the large shopping centre (google Italie 2) opposite containing a supermarket for all those cheap picnic items (if like me you are budgeting carefully), lots of Bank cash machines (as we took most of our Euros on a Cashpassport and drew out daily. Also a post office and some great bakeries!

We didn’t take up breakfast as we are not big eaters so thought the 9 euros a bit steep, instead we bought apples and yoghurts from the smaller minimarket, a pastry from the bakers and tea and milkshake from the Café at McDonalds for just under 10 euros for two (all of these are on the Avenue Road – head left from the hotel towards the Tolbiac metro station). The Café at McDonalds was a side counter to the main counter with an expresso/coffee machine and pastries nearly as good as the bakeries – much better than the standard counter in the usual McDonalds, a little bit more but worth it – try the milkshake it has real fruit no icecream slush in sight!

Finally we had a chicken kebab from the Istanbul shop a few doors up when too tired to get dressed and changed – at €5 as we did not want rice or chips it was great value and the guys in there were polite and friendly. The other meal I could recommend (not French either I’m afraid) was at Comme Au Vietnam on Avenue de Choisy – again clean place, friendly service and good prices. We did eat some French food as well!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a better view and balcony, rooms at are quieter overlooking other apartments...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Derbyshirelass1
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is a rather dreary and depressing budget hotel with little to recommend it other than the price. It's fine for one night, but the thought of returning to this hotel each day during a holiday in Paris is not a nice one. The air conditioning was completely ineffective. The breakfast buffet was uninspiring and poor value for money.

The staff, however, were very helpful and spoke good English. There's a FNAC store in the shopping centre across the road where you can buy advance queue-jump tickets for the Louvre and other sights.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Perfect location for a short stay in Paris.
The rooms are quite small, but clean and enough for a confortable bed to sleep after a long sightseeing day.
A shopping mall is just at the corner and there are some good bakeries in the neighbourhood, too.
If needed, I think we would go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is a perfect location. The Staff was very nice and friendly. I like the hotel deco. It is simple and clean. The room is a little small but it is ok with us. It is cozy. I had a good nice sleep. The insulation is excellent. We cannot heard any noise from outside.

I'm definite comming back and stay there next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights in July and was pleased to see that my room included both climate control and a hairdryer, which has not been the case in other Ibis hotels where I've stayed.

As the location is a little way from the centre of Paris the price was very competitive and the deal also included wi-fi, so I feel like I got good value for money.

In terms of size, my room was OK for one person and I was quite comfortable. The decor and fittings appeared new and fresh. It seemed like some thought had gone into maximizing the layout of the bedroom area, and it was quite light and airy, which helped to make it feel fairly spacious. The bathroom was a little small when the door was closed, but I was prepared for this, having read other reviews.

There was a flat screen TV with a good choice of channels and the standard of cleanliness in bedroom and bathroom was very good.

There was a small bar adjacent to the reception desk, and the usual hotel breakfast was on offer, but I normally go out for breakfast rather than eat in the hotel.

If you need to leave your bags after check-out, they will be locked away in a secure room along the corridor from the reception area.

Finally, I have to give a big thumbs-up to the staff: no-one walked past without giving me a smile and a greeting. I was made to feel like a valued customer. The receptionists were very efficient and really went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. They always seemed to be very busy taking phone calls or dealing with guests face to face, but they appeared to handle everything very professionally.

This was the best Ibis hotel that I've stayed in and I would be happy to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo