“Great for big groups!”

Campanile Paris 11 - Bastille
Ranked #643 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited this hotel with my study abroad group. The hotel was very modern and in a great location. Super close to the metro and good restaurants. The breakfast was awesome in the morning. The room's were a good size and fairly clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Easy to get to on metro 5 from Guard de nord .very good location, close to 3 metro stations. we easily walked to notre Dame,marias areas and louvre etc.The rest easy on metro, hotel clean and nice, family room good size.front desk polite and english speaking. room for luggage if travelling later so you can explore Paris

Room Tip: ask to be away from the lifts.very noisey at night or take ear plugs.............
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Danny W
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is nothing special but what you'd expect from the chain. Clean, good value and well located. It is about a five min walk from Chemin du Vert metro and also close to Bastille Metro. Staff was pleasant and helpful, breakfast was adequate. Rooms small but reasonable for Paris. Overall a good value and resonable accomodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in a very nice neighbourhood. Rooms are small and have no fridge but are clean and the bed is good. Employees in the hotel are friendly and the parking for 24 euro p/day beneath the hotel is superb. Metro station is very close..

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good price and good position. Staff people are nice. Breakfast is ok, with wide choice. Rooms are nice but there was no toilet brush. Í had a little problem with Check out which is within midday but when we went back to the room at 11.45 a.m. to take our luggage our key (badge) had already been disactivated! And our luggages were locked inside our room as happened to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ludovica_988
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked a room with a double bed and two singles.. Room was clean. Although its not luxury. Very basic. A good shower but that's about it. The noise from the two lifts was unbelievable. My mother thought the noise was a tumble dryer going all night....no it was the lift!!!!!
We asked the next morning to be relocated to anger room, they gave us a key for another which was even nearer the lift!!! We went back to the reception and my daughter explained the problem in French (thank goodness someone speaks the language). She was informed there was nothing they could do. My daughter asked for a reduction....no chance. So if you're a light sleeper, think it through. The upside is the metro is 50 yards from the door, and the other line is 200 yards away. The number 69 bus stop is also 50 yards away. We got on and stayed on until we arrived behind the Eiffel Tower, the route took us through St Paul, under the arch at The Louvre and along the Seine.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lift.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here on a school trip for a duration of 7 days and 8 nights and it was awesome! If you are a "newbie" when it comes to travelling in Europe, you should know that a lot of the hotels and apartment sizes are really small. So don't expect the room to be huge, but more..quaint and cute I should say :) Even though my room mate and I were "unintentionally" very messy, we always came to our hotel room at the end of the day with a clean room, bed, new towels..it was just neat and clean! The bathrooms are a plus :) We had a very deep bathtub and the hot water came out really well..so well that it kind of massaged my back haha... There's a elevator!- which a lot of people surprisingly asked about because apparently there aren't many elevators in Paris apartments..
I don't know how much it costed to use the breakfast dining area because I was part of a school trip, but it was pretty decent! There's a lot of delicious breads to choose from, yogurt, tea, cheese, ham, fruits, cereal, just your basic kinda breakfast. If you're here for the winter..I'd suggest just staying here and paying for the breakfast because I remember how it was really cold in Paris and I went during the end of March..brr was it cold..I wouldn't want to walk anywhere to find a cafe or a place to eat every morning..
The location of this hotel is awesome! and it's design is more "modern" I would say, compared to the cute/historical style of the apartments surrounding the hotel. There is a subway near the hotel called the Bastille stop? and..one HUGE helpful TIP! There is a supermarket really close to the hotel called Supermarche or something, but it's in Red...and it opened up at around 9:30 and closed at 8 ish? Theres also a mcdonalds on the other side of the street to your left when you reach the Bastille statue (huge green statue with two golden figures on the top) and french pharmacies if you're a shopaholic like me!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in one of those rooms that was facing towards the street, but I'd recomme...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends