“Really Close to Eiffel tower, great location, an ok hotel, good price.”
Review of Royal Phare Hotel

Royal Phare Hotel
Ranked #1,021 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The room was small, full size bed and a small bathroom. But in Europe, hotel rooms are small (it’s expected). Paid $600US dollars for 4 nights
I had room #122 and it had 1 window with a view of apartments and the Eiffel tower. It was beautiful to watch the light show of the Eiffel tower at night from your room (it starts from 8p-1a).
The elevator were so small, we could only fit 1 person and 1 luggage at a time and without luggage, 2person at a time.
Room service was good. Cleaned the room every day at around 11:45a, gave us clean towels and made our bed. The hotel is secured: you had to buzz in every time. They provided free wifi but you had to pay 5 euros for breakfast from 8am-930am but you had to tell them the night before that you wanted breakfast. One night I wasn’t feeling well and I had requested hot water so I can make tea at 10p and I was told I had to get it in the morning at breakfast time (its hot water, WTF!?)..
The hotel is in a great location, the metro is in front of the hotel. If you fly into Paris, you can grab the train from the airport and it leaves you in front of the hotel (grab a subway map) instead of taking a taxi. It’s a 25min train ride from the airport!
Place to check out:Tribeca (restaurant near the hotel) and the tour bus (hop on and hop off)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nani M
There are newer reviews for Royal Phare Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located opposite the metro and next to Rue Cler, a bustling streer which is excellent for good food at bargain prices, with a real french feel. Eiffel tower is also a 5 to 10 minute walk away. I would definitely reccommend staying here. Great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you are looking for a bare bones, low price hotel near the Eiffel Tower, this may be what you are looking for. The hotel was clean but sparse. There was literally just a bed, nightstand and small refrigerator. The location was great. It was only a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower and there were some very good French Cafes on the corners. There was no airconditioning but they did have an elevator. I was only there one night. Would recommend for a quick trip that you do not plan on being in your room, at all. If you are looking for long stay and luxury, even a bit of luxury, this is not your place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sheritin
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is near located to Eiffel Tower. Is just 7 min walk to the Eiffel. Right outside of hotel there is a lot of good restaurants. ATM og store located right beside the hotel.
But the hotel could need some improvement. The hotel rooms are very small. You have to walk sideways to past the bed on the way to bedroom. The elevator is the smallest personal elevator I have seen. First I wondered if it is an food elevator, but it`s actually space for 1 person and 1 bag.
This hotel is ok if you just want an cheap hotel for sleeping and storage of luggage.
There is no aircon on this hotel. It was very hot and almost impossible to sleep while because of the heat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Pretty much what other reviewers have said is mostly correct. Here are my differences for the 3 nights I spent. About 50 feet from the École Militaire stop on the Metro. You can take from CDG Terminal 2 the Metro and get to Ecole Militaire stop fairly easily and inexpensive. Public transportation in Paris is great. Also as others said a Carrefour City grocery is adjacent to the property. The Eiffel Tour is less than a mile. Easy walk. I didn't have any bed bugs. Heck yes the room is small but it was 1/2 the price of something else. My closet at home in America is just a little smaller. I've never seen a bathroom this small in my life. I was traveling alone so it was a good fit. No one stole anything from my room despite having a laptop out, etc. The elevator is 1 person 1 bag. Paris is like Manhattan it never stops. You need to open your windows to cool the room, which means you will hear the city all night. Just like Manhattan. cars honk at all hours, people party til dawn, I didn't hear too much. Ask for a fan at checkin during summer. It gets pretty warm but the room will cool off around midnight. Remember electricity is expensive in France and I don't expect with so much nearby that you'll want to hangout in the room sweating during July/August, other seasons should be fine. I bought breakfast at Carefour. The Internet was reliable enough to check email and Facebook in my room speeds averaged about 128K or less, they give you a coupon at checkin. You need 1 coupon per device (Laptop+Phone). Overall I would stay here again if traveling solo, and rate was 1/3 of other hotels. But it ain't no Marriott. Reminds me of a bad Days Inn in the USA. Just bearable enough being so close to central Paris. Front desk spoke pretty good English which was nice. I came back around 1am and someone buzzed me in door. Lobby is on second floor be prepared to carry your bag up, but I suggest leaving it on 1st floor near lift.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jaarons-32034
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed there from June 25th - July 2nd. I had read reviews prior and had some concerns, but after staying there and getting over my initial shock - it really was a very nice place. Yes, the rooms and elevator are small and yes, the decor/furnishings are quite a bit out of date. But! The rooms were always meticulouslly cleaned - beds were always freshly made. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. They helped us arrange a cab back to the airport (and the cost turned out less than when I had another hotel in the area do this for me on a previous trip - I think the hotel had a 15 Euro charge they added for themselves). The day and night staff at the front desk for the most part were very helpful and friendly (other than one young lady at the desk - who did not speak much English and this was probably why we had communication difficulties). The housekeeping staff were extremely friendly. We were on the 6th floor and my husband was impressed we could see the Eiffel tower - it was his first visit. We had two large and one medium suitcase and this made the room even smaller - but again, for 7 days, we managed in the room. Yes, there are other hotels in the area with a bit more square footage and newer curtains/beds (and which I have stayed at) - but for 108 E compared to 300 E - the room was a great deal. If you need a clean space and not fancy accommodations, Hotel Royal Phare is probably one of the best deals for this district. We kept our window open and did not need a fan; and still slept comfortably. Again, if you book - just remember the rooms are small and a bit dated - but they are clean, it's in a great area, and it was safe/secure. We had no problems with the Wi-Fi in our room - we just had to get our log-in code from the desk once and it worked the entire stay. I did have the shock of the bare bones type of room, when we first walked in - but I would stay there again! We never tried their breakfast - but then I rarely eat the hotel continental breakfast at the other hotels I have stayed at in Paris. With regards to the breakfast though - their price was extremely economical compared to the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room on the back of the building - get a view of the Eiffel tower and less noise fro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeanette q
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in July. The location is perfect, next to a metro link, next door to a supermarket & about 5 minute walk from the effiel tower. The room did not have Air conditioning but it wasn't missed as you can leave the windows open and your provided with a fan. The lift is quite small. The room included a fridge & a hair dryer. I would say its worth taking cups & a travel plug. Great value overall for this area of Paris, I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2013