“Clean, safe, warm. Good value”
Review of Le Village Hostel

Le Village Hostel
Ranked #3 of 170 Specialty Lodging in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Clean, safe, warm. Good value”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here with 5 friends for a rugby game. It was ideal - clean rooms, warm and safe. Electronic door keys. Very good value. For a hostel it's ideal. Great location too near montmartre and sacre coeur

• Stayed October 2012
Olivier h, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hi Guy,

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time for an other rudby match or for a week end in Paris. Take care.
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic Hostel at a great location!

I stayed at this hostel for 7 nights and absolutely loved it. The staff was friendly, my room was decent and the bathrooms were clean--which is more than I can ask for. The hostel is located in Montmartre and is literally only a 5 minute walk to Sacre Couer. There is a small supermarket with a bakery right down the street in case you need a grab and go breakfast or decide to stay in for dinner. The closest metro is also just around the corner so traveling around the city was a breeze. I always travel with earplugs so noise was never a problem--I was also fortunate enough to have extremely quiet roommates.

PS. My room was on the first floor so I was able to access wifi from my room just fine. However, I found it more interesting to hangout in the lounge/dining area rather than being holed up in my room. :)

Room Tip: First floor rooms get Wifi
1 Thank jamiekao
Olivier h, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Bonjour,

Many thanks for your review, we are happy if yopu have a nice stay with us and we hope to see you again next time in Paris.

best regards

Orange County, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I only stayed one night at Le Village, the hostel itself wasn't too bad. The rooms were really small, but they were clean. I stayed in a 4 person room and there really wasn't any space for our bags. We ran out of hot water, but that was a common occurrence throughout our trip. The staff was ok, nothing special. The location of Le Village isn't the best, the neighborhood was actually pretty creepy! We walked there from the train station and the further we walked the worse the neighborhood got. I literally felt like a piece of meat. We were trying to figure out where to go and creepy guys were watching us and eyeballing us...it was really strange. Not to mention 90% of the population in Paris is rude!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kincumber, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Small clean room, excellent breakfasts, good safe deposit boxes for guest use and helpful staff. Excellent location near Sacre Couer and all the shops and cafes/restaurants of Montmartre and Pigalle. Stayed for five days and it was an excellent base to explore Paris from.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in early October. Because I left it late to book, I had to split my booking across two rooms. My fault, no problem. The rooms were clean and I was alone for one night, which was great.

In the first room, there was no hot water. Stone cold. I got a shrug of the shoulders and "sorry" from the guy at reception. You do expect more for 40 Euros a night. In the second room, there may as well have been no shower, as the water trickled out of the shower head and down the wall, and each push of the automatic-stop button lasted about four seconds. So you had to stand with your back against it. Also, a person I roomed with took my towel.

You cannot get a signal for the Wifi in any of the rooms, so you can only use it at reception.

But the hostel has some really great points. It's literally right underneath the Sacre Coeur. It's three minutes walk from the Anvers metro stop. It is easily accessible, and right near a major Paris landmark. Montmartre is really beautiful.

The breakfast at the hostel is also really good. Cereal, rolls, croissants, juice and coffee.

If hostel workers are not on shift but still at work, they will not help you - in my case, something really quick and simple - open the security door to get my luggage. Some of the staff can bark orders. But overall they're friendly and the place is well organised.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Sacre Coeur.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

No internet at my room, my roommate used my personal towel, and as I made the complaint personally and then after living the room, I send an email to Olivier, the manager, and this was his answer: "This is a hostel, not a 5 star hotel, you’re not the king here. But you are the king of stupid. Next time book a private room at The Ritz, or better yet, stay at home. You should not be traveling when you’re as stupid as you are..." I have the emails to prove it.

10 Thank Kamels
Olivier h, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello,
To answer your review, I inform you that in our homepage it is written that our rooms don't provide any internet.
And I confirm you that I sent you this message that you wrote on your review, but don't forget to inform the others about this disrespectful message, wich you sent about the reception.
I have the emails to prove them.

Best Regards
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Awesome location, awesome staff, great place to stay. I was stuck with the top floor (4th), but there is a lift which works most of the time. Montmartre is such a beautiful place and le village is literally on its doorstep. Grocery store across the road, laundromat and convenience store just down the street. Junk food and haute-cuisine readily available. I had not stayed in a hostel for several years, but the week I spent at le village has definitely left me with many a fond memory.

Room Tip: book early. it was booked out most the time i was there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo