We had a nice stay here for 3 days in August. Many other English-speaking guests and helpful staff. Rue Cler is not quite the scene we envisioned -- in the evenings it's packed with mostly 20-somethings crammed like sardines on the street smoking and eating at touristy restaurants with mediocre food. Better food and ambience to be found on the side streets. The neighborhood is very quiet at night. I agree with previous posters about the hotel's small but functional rooms. To add two hopefully helpful notes:
(1) the room had a very strong perfume smell, really almost unbearable. We asked to move to another room but were told that wasn't possible - the hotel was full. They said they would ask the new cleaning staff not to spray the perfume again. It's hard to believe anyone would like that, and you wonder what they're trying to cover up. We opened the window and blasted the fan and managed. All our bags and clothes still smell like the hotel though.
(2) The bathroom was small and nice, but the tub was very high, and I don't think my parents could have managed - there was no bar to hold on, and no shower door, so everything gets wet and slippery. There's no way to keep the water from getting all over the toilet while you're in the shower.
We got a great deal online, and for the price, overall it was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Motte Picquet, a hotel of Charm, is a very well groomed and well renovated hotel, lying in a unique district: the 7th district, near the main business centres, a short walk from the Champ-de-Mars, the Eiffel Tower, the Trocadero, the Invalides and the Rodin Museum. It is an oasis of peace in the heart of Paris, with many transport opportunities which make it easily accessible. Its location is outstanding: at the corner of Rue Cler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Motte Picquet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motte Picquet Hotel
- Motte Picquet Paris