“Sights ahoy”
Review of Hotel Andre Latin

Hotel Andre Latin
Ranked #1,146 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel was used purely to visit the sites, it didn't let us done at all as most sites were nearby and a short walk. The surrounding area was pleasant and safe as well. The rooms are slightly on the pokey small side but it is expected in downtown Paris where the the buildings are all over couple hundred years old. It was sufficient for a couple wanting to spend time out and about instead of inside. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, it was a place to sleep and it was nearby all the sites we wanted to see. Probably not worth it as we found better quality hotels nearby on the cheaper side of things and we could of used that money for a few more bottles of plonk.

Room Tip: This one is slightly on the pricey side and I would only recommend it for short says. Any room would...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I arrived to the hotel at approx 00:30 in the morning.
I paid for 2 nights in advance $200 euros.
Local temperature: +- 40 degrees.

The room did not have a coffee maker neither cups to make us a worn cup of coffee or tea. I requested it to the from desk and they did not have cups to support room service. Next day we arrived at 7pm after a long sightseeing and the room wasn't clean nor the sheets changed. The empty - dirty glasses and bottles were at the room since the morning still...
A Few more considerations: no shower soap, the bath top dirty with hairs, no bags in garbage can, wifi internet continuously dropping off, and the front desk couldn't recommend a place to eat on the entire city.

There are better places in Paris for $100 euros a day. Please consider that before booking here.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank A-tourister
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The nicest thing I can say about this hotel is the bathrooms were clean. The rooms are the smallest I've seen since I stayed in a Formula 1 on the side of an autoroute.

We booked two rooms with two single beds, but arrived to find a double bed in each room, and no other rooms available in the hotel. They gave us free breakfast to compensate, and it was too late to find somewhere else. The rooms were too small to fit another single bed.

Also, why can't wi-fi be free? This hotel has that annoying registration process that drops the connection each time, so you're always logging in. Backward!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Daryl W
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just returned from 1night stay with my partner! Very good location and would highly recommend for sight seeing, main metro within 5 min walk!
Rooms small but clean, perfect what needed for overnight stay, but no mini bar or tea coffee facilities in the room,

Best points: location, cleanliness and the receptionist (Caroline)
Bad point: hotel provides wifi but has the worst set up ever, you need to ask for login details at reception and it times out every 2hrs!! Very frustrating

Would def recommend to family and friends

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank sarahtl
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just up the street from the Luxembourg Gardens, and the action of Boulevard Saint Michel, St. Germaine, and the Latin Quarter. French windows overlooking the street. Small, basic room was fine for the $200 USD we paid. The back spiral staircase was a treat, we walked down from the 3rd floor every time. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hello, my Girl friend (31) and I (29) stayed here for 3 nights before Christmas 2011. We had an incredible time; Paris really is a magical city. However ill try and focus on the hotel and not ramble on about this great city.
I 've read some of the other reviews and can agree that yes, the hotel rooms are very small, there is not really much room to move about with a big double bed and wardrobe, I think anymore than 2 would be a tight squeeze. The rooms however are clean and fresh and the bathroom has a bath and is modern enough. I enjoyed hanging out the window over the railing and watching the hustle of the early morning city life with my cup of tea.
My personal experience of the staff was that they were very helpful, I chatted away to them everyday about rugby, Scotland how to speak French etc. Maybe they were just in the Christmas spirit but then I ve always found the French to be very friendly and don’t think they deserve their bad name. I can’t comment in breakfast because we choose to eat out every morning or get something from the bakery across the road.
I would say that if you are just looking for somewhere to put your head at night after a hard days exploring then this is perfect. Cheap, clean and a superb location for sightseeing however if you looking for a luxurious hotel that you’ll be spending time in (who knows why?) then maybe not.
On another note, I must say that the build up to Christmas in Paris was brilliant, lots of stalls and fairs. I would recommend it - but it is absolutely freezing and that’s coming from a Glaswegian!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kendo18
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First time to Paris and found this wonderful hotel via Trip Advisor. The area was excellent and accessible to many things. The staff was very helpful and our room was always services perfectly. Close walk to Luxembourg Gardens (our new happy place!) and shirt walk to Metro. Our stay here made our Paris experience perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012