“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,065 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Portland, Oregon
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just up the street from the Luxembourg Gardens, and the action of Boulevard Saint Michel, St. Germaine, and the Latin Quarter. French windows overlooking the street. Small, basic room was fine for the $200 USD we paid. The back spiral staircase was a treat, we walked down from the 3rd floor every time. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hello, my Girl friend (31) and I (29) stayed here for 3 nights before Christmas 2011. We had an incredible time; Paris really is a magical city. However ill try and focus on the hotel and not ramble on about this great city.
I 've read some of the other reviews and can agree that yes, the hotel rooms are very small, there is not really much room to move about with a big double bed and wardrobe, I think anymore than 2 would be a tight squeeze. The rooms however are clean and fresh and the bathroom has a bath and is modern enough. I enjoyed hanging out the window over the railing and watching the hustle of the early morning city life with my cup of tea.
My personal experience of the staff was that they were very helpful, I chatted away to them everyday about rugby, Scotland how to speak French etc. Maybe they were just in the Christmas spirit but then I ve always found the French to be very friendly and don’t think they deserve their bad name. I can’t comment in breakfast because we choose to eat out every morning or get something from the bakery across the road.
I would say that if you are just looking for somewhere to put your head at night after a hard days exploring then this is perfect. Cheap, clean and a superb location for sightseeing however if you looking for a luxurious hotel that you’ll be spending time in (who knows why?) then maybe not.
On another note, I must say that the build up to Christmas in Paris was brilliant, lots of stalls and fairs. I would recommend it - but it is absolutely freezing and that’s coming from a Glaswegian!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kendo18
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

First time to Paris and found this wonderful hotel via Trip Advisor. The area was excellent and accessible to many things. The staff was very helpful and our room was always services perfectly. Close walk to Luxembourg Gardens (our new happy place!) and shirt walk to Metro. Our stay here made our Paris experience perfect!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank baclub
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here from August 3 - 8, 2012 and at check in we prepaid for our room and the continental breakfast $12.00 Euros each, per day. After checking in and no the hotel was not by any means full we stepped of the elevator and within three feet was the door to our room. Needless to say we heard a lot of conversations as people waited for the elevator not to mention we heard the elevator itself. Wanting to enjoy our time we dismissed the closeness to the elevator. The next morning we want to the dinning area to enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat, only to find no clean dishes, one dried muffin and no juice. It took the person 15 minutes to show up and restock the items. Oh, and did I mention she had an atitude. Day two we found the samething and as we left for the day, we discussed the issue with the young lady working the counter and told her we no longer wanted this service and to please credit our account. She said we had only been charged for 2 days so far but would let the Manager know. Upon check out we discovered we had been charged all 5 days for breakfast. I again explained the situation to the clerk and was told she would leave a message for her Manager and that she would contact me. It's now been two weeks and no contact. I did however receive the credit card bill and no credit applied. I went to their web page but they do not have a method of contacting them via the internet. I am working in Afghanistan and to call would just add to my loss. Great location, fair price but if you need your bill adjusted make sure you take care of it before you leave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike T

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friends and I stayed here during our recent trip to Paris. We actually stayed in a triple room for the first few nights and then 2 doubles when our 4th friend arrived a few days later. We loved the hotel and would definitely return again. The triple room was huge! There was plenty of room for 3 girls and some pretty big suitcases. The double rooms were definitely smaller but we scored a balcony in one of the rooms which made up for that. The double rooms were of comparable size to most of the other hotels I've stayed at in comparable price ranges in Europe.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They continued to give us free wifi codes even though I think we were suppose to pay after the first one. They helped us book a couple tours and answered our endless questions about the best way to get to places.

The location was great- very close to the Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, and the metro stop just outside the gardens. There were plenty of places to eat but we kept gravitating towards the crepe guy a couple blocks down from the hotel. We were able to walk down St. Michel to get to Notre Dame and other sites. It wasn't a quick walk, and you could take the metro instead, but it was a very nice walk and you can pop in and out of shops along the way. We chose to walk St. Michel instead of the metro quite a bit.

We enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back on our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Larnaka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

the location is perfect and that's why we chose this hotel but the service and the cleanliness was terrible, in 7 days they didnt change the beds, they didnt clean the floor, the lift broke down 3 times and we had to go up to the 5th floor on foot, and on top of everything they asked us for the whole amount of our stay out frond which seemed very strange having traveled all over Europe and stayed in so many hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank solanna
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

During our visit in Paris, we stayed at the Comfort Hotel Andre Latin.The location of this hotel is excellent. It is minutes walk to the Jardin du Luxembourg, which is a very beautiful and relaxing park. We did also walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, but this is about 30 minutes away, and if you don't mind the walk, it is well worth it. I also liked our room. It was not spacious, but big enough to accommodate my husband and I. We did not stay inside a lot, and spend most of the days exploring Paris. The biggest issue I had with Paris in general and with our hotel staff in particular was how they treat tourists. They are rude! Whether the taxi driver, or the waiter in the restaurant or the cleaning lady in the hotel room or the receptionist, it felt like they had a chip on their shoulder. One of the hotel hostesses in particular was extremely unpleasant to us. We would ask her something in English and she would ALWAYS respond in French. We were puzzled at first as to why she would do that, because she spoke English fluently too, but after trying, and failing, to understand her, we gave up and just never asked her anything again. The whole Paris experience for me was ruined because of people we encountered. I am not sure that I would consider staying at this hotel again. But I am unsure that i want to go and visit Paris either. The greatest museums and architecture in the world does not substitute for kindness in people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple