“Does what it does... Really WELL!”
Review of Le Chemise

Le Chemise
Reserve with
Le Chemise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 18,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Le Chemise is a small and intimate restaurant; in the kitchen, a young & talented chef, Cedric Lacaze, proposes trendy traditional & delicious French food. Perfectly located between Republique & Oberkampf Metro stations, discover this small restaurant with great ambiance and service.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This unassuming small restaurant may not get your attention from the road side but the reviews it gets are really well deserved. They do all the small things right and the big things (like taste) take care of themselves.
The menu is small, but the quality is high. You can really tell that every item is made fresh that day and that there is not a microwave on site. The flavours that have combined together really make every dish delicious.
We had the sea bass and the fillet steak, both of which could of been a signature dish. Where my wife doesn't ever finish her meals I got a real good taste both, happy days.
On top of the great food you also get great service. The waiter and waitress really made positive efforts to explain the menu and make our choices easier for us.
All in all this is a well priced little restaurant that ticks every box. It's well worth finding and making a trek on the metro to get there. When we return to Paris we will be stopping in for our evening meal.

1  Thank JamesCollinsWorld

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I try to go for lunch to places first in order to know if I would go back at night. Usually the lunch food tells you more about the restaurant. This restaurant is a must for lunch if near by or if willing to eat well and light for lunch. I call in first since it was late already and they said if now they will wait if later they will close and I appreciated they waited. the restaurant deco is very nice armchairs and small coaches give it a special New York style but when it comes to food, then you know the chef knows. Since we were late we decided to take the menu and it was perfect. the choice are simple and satisfy the taste of everyone. My wife had the veloute and I had the chevre pastry, then we followed by a chicken basmati and finished with cheescake and . All the dishes were well balanced and tasty, did not need to add or substract anything really brilliant. the portion are very reasonable, if you want quantities then go somewhere else. The place is for lunch not for a day meal. The cheese pastry was light and you need to eat from the center because the chevre is there and if you eat the side first you might miss the cheese and eat only filo. The veloute was perfectsofter than the chevre but well spiced. The chicken curry basmati was so onctuous in structure and with a tingle of spice for waking up the taste buds. Really a marvel, reminded me some very good Thai dishes. on the dessert my wife took the right one. I took the cheesecake it was good but not what I expected, reminded me more of a strawberry mousse cheesecake, it was good but not as the rest of the dishes. In any case the combination was perfect with a very reasonable price and a very good service and a nice young team. A place to visit. I will try to go back at night I have seen a few items of interest to me.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Was absolutely delicious and the staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. They helped us with the menu and made some great recommendations. We had the Chateaubriand and Cod Steak, both were fantastic. Don't miss this place if you are in Paris.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We selected this restaurant to break away from the traditional French cuisine. Eric, Claire, and Fabian were wonderful hosts! Eric's menu pushed the enevelope in terms of creativity. The cold pea soup was fresh, bright, and delicious. The raw beef tartare with Thai flare was tasty, although the portion and presentation could be difficult for the faint of heart. My husband had the lamb sweetbreads and his comment was that they rivaled any organ he had eaten previously in Argentina. Flavors and execution were awesome given our selection. Less challenging meals are also available. Bon appetit!

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

A really wonderful food experience! My husband and I ate here on our last night in Paris and can't rave about it enough. The owner was friendly, charismatic and made us feel really welcome, not hesitating at all to help us decipher the French menu. I had the chilled pea soup to start and can honestly say it's the best soup I've eaten in ages. My husband had grilled cuttlefish and it was delicious too. For main course we both had the chateaubriand, which was a beautiful cut of steak served simply with potatoes and salad, but the flavours we're incredible. I was full halfway through my main course but had to push through because it was so delicious! And then of course we forced ourselves to have dessert - a yummy almond and lychee tart with fresh apple sorbet. So good!! Price was pretty reasonable, not the cheapest meal (the taxes on food and alcohol get you at the bill) but it's not too exxy either and definitely worth it. Highly recommend!