“Good food and very efficient service”
Review of Le Chemise

Le Chemise
Reserve with
Le Chemise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 17,739 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Le Chemise is a small and intimate restaurant; in the kitchen, a young & talented chef, Cedric Lacaze, proposes trendy traditional & delicious French food. Perfectly located between Republique & Oberkampf Metro stations, discover this small restaurant with great ambiance and service.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were impressed by glowing reviews and, having inspected their website (which has the menu in English), booked a table for two at Le Chemise on a Friday night. On arrival we were greeted warmly, shown to our table and were taken through the menu in English. Following guest comment on line we both chose Chateaubriand and were not disappointed! The staff are very keen to make sure customers are happy, the waitress said we should tell her if the steak was not cooked to our liking. The front part of the restaurant where we were sitting was quiet for a Friday, only a couple of other tables were occupied so it was a bit flat. Maybe the staff were a little over anxious and it would have been better if there had been a bit more atmosphere, but all in all, we had a pleasant evening.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We visited this restaurant on Monday night and were very impressed. We decided to book a table at the restuarant for the last night of our stay in Paris based on the reviews on trip advisor. The restaurant is small in regards to the number of tables but is not at all cramped. As soon as we sat down and were given the menus it was explained that they only had it in French but that they were more than happy to go through the menu with us if we had any problems. The owner then went through every dish on the menu so we fully understood the choices. Both me andmy fiance loved all three courses that we chose and it is one of the nicest meals we have ever had.

Food, atmosphere and service were all outstanding and we would recomend for anyone in Paris to try this restaurant!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Small restaurant that we dropped into but had no trouble being seated. Staff were really friendly with fantastic English and were really helpful with the menu and making recommendations. The stuffed guinea fowl I'm told was amazing and the Chateaubriand was one the best steaks I've ever had. 100% recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

What a nice way to start our "séjour à Paris". My husband and I went there on our first night in Paris, following the tips of Trip Advisor, and it was a great surprise. First of all, we did not need reservations, which was a plus. Second of all, the ambiance is super cool and trendy, but yet very cozy and relaxing. The service was remarkable, I must say. Probably one of the best we experienced in Paris this time. The dishes we ordered were all perfect. To start I had mushroom cream (delicious) and my husband had shrimp raviolis (perfects, with an Asian twist). The main course was really something. My Pigeon with Foie Gras was spectacular. Although super strong, I could feel all the flavors of the meet, and the foie gras was delicate yet potent. Amazing. Unfortunately, there was no room left for dessert. I will have to go back to taste it!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were visiting Paris on a Viking River Cruise. Our hotel guide suggested this eatery because he had heard many good reviews from clients.
They were correct. I started with an appetizer of ravioli and shrimp in a soup. It was terrific. I then had the chicken breast in a wonderful sauce. It is one of my all time best meals.
The management helped us through the menu-they spoke wonderful English. Le Chemise only holds about 25 people but that is what makes it so appealing.