My family of four stayed at the FDR in August. We loved it. It was odd to note that many Parisians were gone on their own vacations and had locked up their businesses in the area. But there were plenty of tourists so the city did not feel deserted. The hotel itself is in a fabulous location. We walked everywhere. It was clean and tasteful. The walls were covered in fabric. So charming. We rented two rooms. Our bed was comfortable. We had no view - we were on the interior of the hotel. But there was nice sunlight coming in and it was fine. Our children had a view of the city street and the restaurant. They enjoyed that. We had a nice bathroom, but the 2nd bathroom had an odd little half wall instead of a shower curtain. It didn't keep the water inside the tub, so that was a bit of an inconvenience. (Water everywhere)
As others have commented, the breakfast was plentiful and delicious. We even took fruit with us for the day and enjoyed having a snack for later. That was helpful in Paris, because it was extremely expensive to eat in this area of the city. I called it a "viewing fee". If you could view the Eiffel Tower - you paid a premium price for everything to eat or drink. So anything withing walking distance was very pricey. In neighborhoods farther away - dining and drinking were more reasonable. - but then there was the taxi fare. Oh well - just know before you go.
My techno savvy son was not too impressed with the internet connection available in the "business center". It was an extremely small phone booth in the basement area. That wasn't great, but maybe it limited his screen time, which is a good thing.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was helpful. The facility is lovely, clean, comfortable, safe and convenient. What more could you want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Avenue des Champs Elysées and Avenue Montaigne, at the crossroad of business and fashion worlds, the Hotel Franklin Roosevelt, is happy to welcome you in a setting combining luxury, charm and tradition.Welcome to the hotel:The hotel Franklin Roosevelt, 48 rooms and suites, in the heart of the Golden Triangle, will charm you by its warm setting and refined atmosphere.This free-stone building dating back from the end of the 19th century, benefits from a unique location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Franklin D. Roosevelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Franklin d Roosevelt
- Franklin d Roosevelt Paris