“Can't wait to do it again”
Review of Paris by Mouth

Paris by Mouth
Ranked #1 of 206 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There’s a reason why our tours are top-rated food tours on TripAdvisor and have been celebrated by The New York Times (twice!) and knowledgable foodies like David Lebovitz and Ruth Reichl: we keep our group sizes tiny, we spend generously at the best shops in town, and we only work with expert guides who have devoted their lives to food & wine. Our tours are in English and last for around 3 hours. They include some walking and standing, but also feature a seated tasting with wine pairings. Our tours are designed for adults. We’re unable to host children under ten years of age. Our price of 110€ per person is a little higher than the competition because we spend more than anyone else on premium tastings and to pay the most experienced and knowledgable guides in Paris. You’re also paying for the tiny group size.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This review is long overdue ... a friend and I took the St. Germain tour in late January 2013 and absolutely loved it. I'd read good reviews but the experience was still above and beyond what I'd expected. Although we joined a group tour - the group was only 5 people including us so it felt very private and intimate. Loved the places our guide picked - a historic bakery, a macaroon shop, a chocolatier and a market with a butcher and cheesemonger. We picked up something to try at each place then enjoyed it all in the back of a little wine shop while tasting it with a white and red. Diane, our guide, was so friendly and knowledgeable and knew exactly what to get at each place. I've recommended the tour to friends who've since gone to Paris, and I plan to go again on my next visit. Thanks, Diane and Paris by Mouth!!

1  Thank oliveanne
Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"cream puffs"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This tour was GREAT!! our guide was Diane, who was fabulous! She is very knowledgable about all of the local cuisine and has great relationships with all the places we stop along the way. The tour included exactly what was described and the food was wonderful! We got to try several different cheeses as well as chocolates and macarons and were able to stop at a local wine shop to try wines to eat with our goodies. This tour exceeded my expectations!! Well worth the price- as all food and wine is included. And Diane provided is with great information. she even emailed is the list of places and addresses so we could revisit if we would like. Had a wonderful time and definitely recommend!!

3  Thank Asmodel2
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We did the wine tour with Aaron in the eleventh. It was awesome, he is super passionate about wine and natural wine in particular. He took us to a couple of wine bars and a wine shop were we got to taste some amazing wines. He was also kind enough to give us a list of restaurants and bars in the are to check out. I highly recommend taking this tour as we both had a blast and met some nice people. We now also have a couple of go to wines in Paris that we know will be delicious.

2  Thank Calvin R
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My partner and I traveled to Paris in July for a week. The apartment we rented was in the St Germain arrondissement, so we decided to book the St. Germain food tour the day after we arrived. We had 7 people in the tour (including us) which made it very cosy and easy to ask questions. As a rule we don't take tours with large amounts of people because we don't feel that you get as much out of the tour and it can waste your precious vacation time. Diane was our guide and one of the best and most knowledgeable guides we have had on a tour. When I booked the tour I had no idea we would be getting a person as qualified as Diane...so we felt very lucky! Of course this review is about the food right??? We hit the best of the best in the St. Germain area...chocolate, cheese, bread (with a chandelier made out of bread), wine and Macaroons! We did end up going back to all of the stores we had visited on the Tour and we went back to the Macaroon shop EVERYDAY!

As a person who uses Trip Advisor religiously for travel...this did not disappoint. So now that you are going to book the tour, the only decision is which one to choose??? Happy eating my trip advisor peeps!

3  Thank RScottSummers