“A great tour of Saint-Germain”

Paris by Mouth Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 159 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: As food writers, it’s our job to devour delicious things and to understand what makes them special. The Wall Street Journal recently called us “the definitive blog on the city’s food and wine scene,” and we’re now using that knowledge to lead tasting tours through the most exceptional shops in Paris. Our tours run every day of the week, even Sunday and Monday, and our prices are affordable.
Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great tour of Saint-Germain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went on the Saint-Germain afternoon tour with three other guests and I loved it. Diane was our guide and she did everything she could to accommodate our individual interests and preferences. She is a very knowledgeable guide who has a warm and engaging style. We were taken to an excellent variety of places, sampling generous amounts of sweet and savoury food, as well as wine. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and learnt a lot. I will definitely book in for another one when I am next in Paris.

1 Thank JMadelaide

Baltimore, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic chocolate and pastry tour of St Germain area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a unique and wonderful tour of Paris this morning-- chocolate and pastries in the St Germain area. We started off comparing macarons from Laduree and Pierre Hermes-- the two best in Paris (Laduree won for our group) and then also visited some of the oldest --and best--chocolate, pastry and bread shops in Paris. Not only were the sweets amazing, but we learned a lot along the way. Diane, our guide, was excellent. The tour ended at the Le Grand Epicerie de Paris at Le Bon Marche, where we also spent a short amount of time also talking about cheese. Paris by Mouth also offers a Wine and Chese tour and we will definitely do that the next time we are in Paris!

2 Thank Judy1961_10
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exploring Saint-Germain with Diane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

On a beautiful summer afternoon I toured around Saint-Germain with Diane and six other guests. Everywhere we went we sampled delicious pastries, confections, cheese, charcuterie, wine...the best of the best. Diane, a food writer from New York who's been in Paris for about a year, knew her stuff and seemed very familiar with the area. I find food touring to be one of the best ways to get to know a city, and Paris by Mouth made me feel like an insider! Never would I have stumbled across the places we went to on my own. I would have loved the tour to be extended by an extra hour or so to incorporate a couple more stops, but overall it was a highly worthwhile experience.

2 Thank engella09
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great way to get to know the Marais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I did the tour with Stephanie on 9 July. We unanimously agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip. Stepanie was a delightful guide. The tour provided us with knowledge we would not have obtained randomly but more importantly was an excellant way to get to know this part of Paris. We returned to the places visited later in the week to dine and buy gifts. I would definitely do another tour. I agree that it wasn't cheap (rather than expensive) but blame the Australian dollar and I don't regret spending the money. It was great fun and had the added benefit of the company of interesting tour companions also interested in food. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Lisa O
Chicago Il
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A special treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took the Marais tour June 23rd (Sunday). Catherine was a great tour guide and able to share a lot of interesting information about the various items we tried. We started with Poilaine croissants and apple tart, then went to a cheese shop, charcutier, a French market, an olive oil shop, and Jacques Genin chocolates. We had the opportunity to eat delicious items and purchase some treats to take home. The tour is limited to 7 people due to the small shops that are visited. I loved this tour and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to have a wonderful experience trying the highest quality French foods.

Visited June 2013