“Wonderful”

Hotel Saint-Jacques
Ranked #369 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 22, 2006

I have been staying at this hotel for nearly 28 years and I find all the comments very disturbing and bias
I have only known friendliness, humility and smiles in all these years
If any seasoned traveller does not know the rules of hotel life then rather stay in your own country and stop winging about what if's and could have's
My greatest appreciation to everyone at the Hotel St Jacques, this is my home whenever I visit Paris
No questions asked

• Stayed: March 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed April 9, 2006

We recently spent 6 days at the Hotel Saint Jacques and it exceeded our already high expectations. For only 124 Euro we had a large room (especially for Euro standards) with a wrap-around balcony with views of Notre Dame and the Pantheon. The bathroom had been remodeled recently as well. Having stayed in Paris 10-12 times in various hotels throughout the city, Hotel Saint Jacques has been the best. (keeping in mind I/we stay in 2-3 star hotels when in Europe).

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank DClawyer
Reviewed March 6, 2006

The hotel is in a very convienent location, the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly, and accomidating. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2005
8  Thank wanderlustny
Seattle
Reviewed March 2, 2006

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel St. Jacque last April-May 2005 for a week and a half. Being that we were non-smokers we found it hard to deal with the fact that almost everyone smokes. The maids smoke when they cleaned. A couple times we headed back up to our room to grab something that we forgot and we saw through some open doors, some of the maids sitting on the beds of the room that they were to clean, talking to each other and smoking it up in people's rooms. The maids also would always try to open our doors when we were getting ready to head out for the day. One day we slept in late and the maids didn't even knock but just opened the door w/out notice. It was sort of odd. Besides the awkward maid service we found the hotel ambiance and location to be Fabulous!
We stayed up on the 5th floor and our room had a wonderful view of the street w/two balconies. Their hotel reservation staff was very friendly. One gal in peticular named Bridget was great. She showed us to some awesome near by restaurants and was very friendly and open to calling us taxis. The location is ideal and you'll be impressed by their decor througout the hotel. If you want to experience Paris w/out paying a 5 star price, then I recommend staying at the Hotel St Jacque, just make sure to lock up things in your room before you head out for the day.

• Stayed: April 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Emerald Hills, CA
Reviewed February 16, 2006

Money was stolen from our room in the hotel, on New Year's Eve. 2005, when the staff knew we would be out for the evening, and departing the following morning. We very strongly suspect one specific member of the hotel staff, with a second person doing the break-in, as we now realize that our room was entered surreptitiously two times: the first time damaging a suitcase, and the second time to steal the money. The staff member in question was very hostile from the inception of our stay, and acted strangely and defiantly when informed of the theft. In general, we found the reception staff to be unfriendly/reluctant to answer questions, and, in the case of one or more individuals, possibly criminal. Would avoid this place at all costs !!!! (or you may pay much more than the room rate, as we did).

• Stayed: December 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I absolutely delighted in this hotel; I hve stayed in others which I found perfectly serviceable but H.St.J. was a home. I stayed in a very pretty single without private facilities & was perfectly happy with my decision. The shower was not timed, it was clean & there was plenty of hot water. As someone who prefers only a hot beverage for breakfast, I was very happy to find, despite my tea snobbery, that it was quite good. I found the people in the hotel very friendly & the location was wonderful.
The only bit of unpleasantness was that 45 pounds,which I should have put in the room safe, were taken from my bag; I had some trouble setting the safe to my password, but didn't bother asking anyone for help, I'm sure, had I done so that it would have been forthcoming. I left a note for the owner to let him know what had transpired & would have very much appreciated an apology.
I am planning to return to Paris shortly & will make Hotel St. Jacques my home once again.

Stayed: May 2003
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2006

My husband and I decided to celebrate our second anniversary in Paris. After a lot of searching we found this hotel. When we got there our room had a leak problem, but they move us to another room, right away with no problems. I purchased my museums passes in advance from here and they suppose to arrive to the hotel. We asked for them, and they were not there, I asked the in the front desk, if they could please help me to place the phone call to find out about them, and I got an absolutely not, unfortunately I do not speak French and I was not able to solve my problem, and they refuse to help me. Last night my husband was VERY sick in the room, when I went downstairs to find out where to get a Pharmacy or something I got the same indifference, at 4:00 am I had to run out of the hotel looking for some help in the street, no one even offered to get me a taxi to get to the closest pharmacy. The hotel is charming, clean, and has a GREAT location, but if you have a problem do not expect the staff to help you with anything! We will never go back.

Stayed: February 2006