Hotel Opera d'Antin
  • Fitness center
$274
$227
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgaleries lafayetteroissy bus from cdgaround the cornerexcellent locationminute walkstay there againconvenient locationcompared to other hotelsquiet at nightquiet roomstayed here for one nighttourist sitesseparate toiletsmall elevatorvisit pariscafes and restaurantsstreet noise
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay here and are happy to recommend it.

Paris as a city is very walkable, this hotel may not be in the heart of the downtown but that is what makes it great. There are many shoping centers close, a Macdonalds just down the street and lots of wonderful cafes all around. It is a little less expensive to stop and grab a coffee near this hotel then it is to buy one right in the heart of everything.

The best part is that it is in the middle of the "different sectors" of Paris so it's a great homebase to start from. We walked to the l'Ouvre, Notre Dame and Musee d'orsay from this hotel and it was wonderful.

The staff was not formal and stuffy like I thought they might have been, they were accomodating and completly biligual.

Room Tip: The rooms in Paris are small so prepare yourself. Ask for the suite 601. If you can afford it you will thank yourself as the bathroom is beautiful and the room was more that we could have expected.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Arnauddupin, Directeur général at Hotel Opera d'Antin, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear esteemed guest,

I thank you for having taken the time to announce your appreciation to us following your stay.

It has been a pleasure for us to welcoming you in our hotel.

Our Hotel is located in the hearth of Paris just a few steps from the Grand Magasins Printemps and Galéries Lafayette and monuments like the Louvre, Opera, Madeleine and Champs Elysées making shopping and sightseeing very easy.

My staff and I do our best to ensure to our customers a pleasant stay.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you again on your next stay in Paris.

Yours sincerely

Kersten EMMRICH
Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

For people who love to shop, this is the hotel for you. I have never stayed here before and I booked our stay online by virtue of decent TA reviews and its location. I did not have great expectations prior to arriving. We were pleasantly surprised. This hotel offers good value, great location and decent service.

Pros: It is literally next door to Galleries Lafayette & Printemps so shoppers can walk back to the hotel, unload their shopping bags, freshen up and be back shopping in no time. The hotel rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. The bathroom is of decent size, clean and relatively new. It is walking distance from 4 major metro stations (Opera, Havre-Caumartin, Chaussee d'Antin La Fayette & Saint-Lazare) so you can reach most areas in Paris with the least number of metro transfers. Free Wifi.

Cons: Rooms are small (however this is typical of most hotels in Paris). Don't expect rooms to be the size of the standard US hotel rooms. Since it is located at the heart of Paris, traffic noise is audible especially during midday but it is not terrible and we were able to get good sleep every night. From our room, I was awakened at 7am by the garbage truck collecting trash from Galleries Lafayette next door. This was not that big of a deal since we had to be up anyway.

Breakfast was not included with our hotel room and we elected not to have breakfast at the hotel. There are numerous fast food joints in the area and finding something to eat is not a problem.

Overall: My wife liked the hotel and the location and says she would come back and stay at this hotel (FYI: she is very particular when it comes to hotels so consider this to be a ringing endorsement of this joint). It offers good bang for the buck. Do not expect a view of the Eiffel tower or river but if you want a clean, convenient, decent hotel at a good price, you should look into staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tagliacozzimd
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I ended up staying here for one night after we missed a connecting flight. I didn't want to spend an hour plus wandering around Paris trying to find a hotel so we booked last minute through tourist information services while still at CDG. I wanted something within walking distance of the Louvre/Notre Dame, under 100 euros and this popped up (for 99...). It was fine. Nothing special. Good location just north of Opera, convenient to the RER, right across the street from a little bakery, pretty quiet neighborhood, totally dead at night (a negative for me). Our room was clean and relatively spacious, but our "window" overlooked a concrete roof and 3 other rooms (there is something like a courtyard in the middle, but without the yard) . For the 99 euros there are better deals to be had in Paris. If only I had more time - do your research! The other reason I only give it 3 stars is the breakfast situation. I see that they hotel is offering a free breakfast coupon on tripadvisor. Unfortunately my wife was under the impression that the breakfast was complimentary. Upon checking out I found out it wasn't. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was charged 13 euros each for a continental breakfast (bakery goods and meat/cheese). 26 euros for breakfast?! hahaha. That annoyed me. A LOT. I explained to the lady at the desk that it was at no point was it made clear that the breakfast cost 13 euros (They even told me about it at check in and showed me the breakfast room, but didn't tell me there was a cost attached). No price was posted. There was no menu, no notification, nothing mentioned. Nothing. They wouldn't remove the charge. They wouldn't charge me less. Watch out. For that reason and for the price, I give it 3 average stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jblifeguard
Arnauddupin, Directeur général at Hotel Opera d'Antin, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear esteemed Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to announce your appreciation to us following your stay.

We have the pleasure to inform you that we also have rooms on the street side. Do not hesitate to contact us to let us know your preferences regarding the exposure of your room. Our staff will do every effort to satisfy your request.

You said that the breakfast buffet is offered. The breakfast is effectively offered trough www.tripadvisor.com by clicking on the link "Special Deal Free breakfast with your stay", but you choose the banner «Show the lowest price for this hotel (from our partners)" continue and confirm your reservation on www.booking.com where the breakfast is always additional.

Concerning the cost of the breakfast the receptionnist normally check with every customer the entire reservation before check in and explain what is included or not. I’ve taken the measures to ensure that our customers are always informed about additional charges.

Next time book directly through our official web site you will save time and money.

I invite you to contact me directly in order to give me the opportunity to regain your thrust in our hotel and look forward to welcoming you on your next stay in Paris.

Yours sincerely

Kersten Emmrich
Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were in BW Opera d'antin hotel last week for 4 nights. Generally we were much pleased to stay in this hotel due to its very appropriate location in the heart of Paris.

Positive sides: Location is the best as just near to LaFayatte & Printemps shopping malls, Opera, metro station (incl. RER station for Disneyland). The room sizes are sufficient if you're not planning long stays. Generally very clean, newly furnished & comfortable.

Negatives: Reception staff not so friendly. Breakfast content is sufficient but each morning there was shortage of some type of bread,etc,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Roissy bus stop because we had an early flight from CDG. The location is great for transportation (metro, bus, taxis very close). It is also very good for shopping at the grand magasins (Printemps, Galeries Lafayette, Le Bon Marché) if you like to shop. The hotel is also just around the corner from the Opera, a wonderful place to visit. The street is not particularly charming and our room was quite small. Breakfast is 15 Euros per person so we decided to find alternatives. However, the hotel was clean and pleasant, the rate for three nights was reasonable, and the staff were generally helpful. With quite a bit of noise on the street, we were pleased that the room was very quiet. For this area, the Hotel Opera d'Antin is good for this price range.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple