All reviews gare du bonne nouvelle walking distance hotel rooms in paris are shower gel cute boutique hotel bit worn heat wave we've stayed paris trip croissants hotel breakfast convenient location spoke english eiffel tower street metro
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Pros:
The location is great for exploring Paris
Balcony with Street view
Bathroom was nice

Cons:
BED BUGS. I am completely covered in bites. We suspected it from night two as I started getting itchy bites, then saw a bug the last morning and realized what it was. Check your room before getting into bed or opening your suitcase.
Loud plumbing kept us up at night
Tiny elevator

If it weren’t for the bed bugs I would have given this hotel 3/5 stars. We also feel like the staff could have treated us better at check out considering the situation.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2019

I stayed at this hotel for one night to attend an event and found it very comfortable. Staff were pleasant and spoke English.

Hotel rooms in Paris are usually small, so I was not disappointed by the size. I had booked a single room, but I was pleased to find it had a large double bed. There was a wall mounted TV and air conditioning unit which cooled the room well though noisily. The bathroom was very small but functional. The hotel was well situated for Gare du Nord, but if I were in Paris for sightseeing I would probably choose somewhere more centrally located.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MirandaUK
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately, I'd have to caution anyone to avoid this hotel. Worn decor, broken fixtures and overpowering mould in the bathroom. Having checked in too late to book an alternative elsewhere in the neighborhood (despite an effort to do so), I was obliged to stay for a night and did so with great reluctance. Pity when the location otherwise promised to be pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We booked the hotel as looked very parisien with lovely décor and it was in the communal areas downstairs but our room was so disappointing. On the plus side there was plenty of space but it was dark with red walls, a bit battered and bathroom a real squeeze - were hoping for something more special and feel a bit deceived by the photos. Walking distance from gare du nord (15mins) which was convenient and one of reasons we booked and good location for metro and sightseeing - 30 mins walk to ile de la cite and montmatre.

Room tip: Maybe ask for one that isn't red - as bit dark and austere.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2019

This hotel was centrally located in Paris, but the rooms were very small. For two people, it would of been very tight. The breakfast was basically some juice, coffee/tea, cheese and hard boiled eggs. Would of preferrred a better selection. Some other guests I was traveling with said there was an awkward smell coming from bathroom. Luckily, my room smelled fine. The hotel also has a small elevator and it stops on the 6h floor even though their are rooms on the 7th floor. I would probably not stay here again. I forgot to take pictures of the room.

Date of stay: June 2019