“Lucked out with this one!”

Comfort Hotel Place du Tertre
Ranked #1,591 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
St. George, Utah
“Lucked out with this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think this hotel was perfect! The awesome location and awesome little breakfast (I don't know why I loved it so much...but yeah, I LOVED the breakfast) is what made this place really work for me. Plus, it was a good price. It's very small - like, pooh-and-wash-your-hands-at-the-same-time kind of small. But, especially for the price, I would 100% stay here again. I think Montmartre area is the best place to stay in all of Paris. You can metro into in to see all the hot items downtown, yet you can stay out away from it all and still be in a very trendy place. And the view of the city from the Sacre de Coeur (sp?) at night was beautiful. I for sure will recommend Montmartre for lodging all the way to anyone visiting Paris. And then, why not stay in an economical place that checks all the marks (except spacious...and luxury...). Good job, Comfort Hotel :)

And as a disclaimer, we did make this visit back in 2007 (the dates on here don't go back that far). I just signed up to Tripadvisor and want to start making a contribution!

Room Tip: Personally, I like to be up high so I can look out over the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Its a budget hotel so dont expect too much. Otherwise its in a great position about 500 meters up from Blanche metro station. Up all the way!!!. It has small rooms and the tiniest of bathrooms and lift but its good for what you pay for and central for the Montmartre area. It can be noisy as its on a busy road and there are bars on the corner, but the beds are firm and clean, the rooms tidy, the windows block out most of the noise so its OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this based on price as I had a budget trip planned. We paid around 56 euro per night for 3 nights.
I took reviews into consideration and decided to go for it, as I figured it was just a place to put my head down.
Location was great - loved staying in Montmartre and travelling around is easy with the metro.
Rue Lepic had an amazing array of local food shops, bars etc and all around the back street were nice independent eateries.
The room was basic, but for me the firm bed was clean and comfy. The bath room petite but the shower was fine. Everything else was really tired - walls carpets should have been upgraded some time ago, but I accepted it is was it is.
We were street side, and yes the bars were noisy but not crazy. It was more of a "general large crowd" noise than screaming or particularly rowdy. I traveled with my teenage daughter and she wasn't perturbed by it at all (my small issue would be I wish I could have gone and joined them!). We had done so much walking each day that we quite literally passed out at night, so not fussed. I'd packed my own towels as I was worried about cleanliness, but needn't have bothered.
The lift? It is the smallest I've ever seen, but was more of a laughing point than an issue.
I wouldn't rule out staying here again if I was on a budget trip again.

Room Tip: I made a room request in advance - no response and request not taken on. Didn't hamper our stay...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fizzer
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

for €80 a night, twin room, during the tennis, not a bad price. room is tiny but clean and bathroom was fine. we were at the back, so very quiet. location is selling point, perfect, central to everything. tip - with luggage, the metro may have a lift but you will encounter steps also.

Room Tip: room 57 - quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel. The room was damp which was the result of the shower leaking onto the rug. When we asked to change room they said sorry there is nothing they can do. The service was comprised of a single receptionist at any one time who was completely uninterested in his/her job and when we asked for our towels to be replaced as they stank from the damp we were told we had to come down and collect one from reception.

We told the receptionist we were leaving the next morning to the hotel next door and he just shrugged.

This is not a case of prices over quality, hotel des art across the street was only 10 Euro's more expensive per night. But it was a huge jump in quality.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Waseem T

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The only good points are the location (though on a Friday night the drunks at the bar across the road were around until 3-4am in the morning!) and the friendly front of house staff.

The room was too basic - there was no cover over the beds, the duvet cover had a washed out stain, it didn't look pretty. It was plain shabby and the room was far too tiny with nothing but a shabby chair and wardrobe. There was a leak in the bathroom which was not what I would call a bathroom or even a shower-room as it was really a wet room. And it was far too small, couldn't swing a cat in there. The ventilation did not work, though the hotel staff assured us it works 'silently' - ok....the toilet smelled terrible. Also the walls are so thin, we heard the couple in the next room. The continental breakfast consisted of cereal and toast/croissant. No fruit even. Very disappointing. You could say you get what you pay for but I think you get far less!

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room here - next time I'd go for something a little more expensive and c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good hotel for business trips. Clean small rooms, good location, very close to the subway. The breakfasts are very modest: croissant and coffee. Powered WiFi Internet in the rooms and in the lobby. Elevator between floors very surprised :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business