All reviewsst germainsmall hotelvisit parissmall roomyogurtliftarrondissementmetrocomfortdeskettle
Reviewed October 9, 2007

This was a quaint hotel 2 minutes away from Le Jardin Du Luxembourg in a upper class quiet neighbourhood. It does not offer the luxuries of a North American style hotel but, for the price, it shouldn't be expected. The room is quiet small but, for two people, it works. The mattress could have been softer but, it's a simple hotel. As a North American, do not expect what you get at home, because Europe is hundreds of years older and was built with smaller accomodations. The lift is small but operational. The hotel offers breakfast at an extra cost, a nice computer and library to relax in. But, it's in a great area, you are right next to the exciting Latin Quartier (cheapest place to eat in Paris). You are close to the Metro, Pantheon and other sites in the 6th district. The hotel was nice enough to hold on to my luggage when I checked out as I had four hours to kill before my train to London. Great service, the staff spoke English. Paris was lovely!!! Sorry no pictures of the room but, I promise the bathrooms and rooms are VERY clean.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dnapromos
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel before. We love it because it is right near the Luxemburg Gardens, a very nice neighborhood and convenient to Left Bank sights. But it is a bit more expensive, we found, than some of the other neighborhood hotels. What soured us this time was a broken elevator. Our room was on the fifth floor! The concierge was an older woman so we had to wait for the night staff to have our luggage lugged up these narrow flights. The room is so-so, but we've certainly stayed in much worse Paris hotels.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ItalophileBoston
Reviewed December 10, 2006

A charwoman stole 200 € from my wallet during breakfast. It were approximately 1/3 all money in the wallet. I have wallet in my jacket in my room during breakfast. The staff choose "victims" from foreigners, because we have language barrier.
I have a police proceedings about incident. The staff rob two Polish women in the same day like me - day before our departure. A police investigate the whole incident and I have a police transcript about it.

Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank LittleBoy
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Just to clear up the confusion of these reveiws, there are infact TWO hotels with "Avenir" in their names. The Hotel Avenir by the Sacre Coeur in Montemartre is on 39, boulevard Rochechouart - 75009 Paris. I went to this one and it was amazing and lovely. Request the "Edith Piaf Room" for your view of the Sacre Coeur and Eieffel Tower, all on your own balcony!

Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank EmilyD297
Reviewed January 8, 2006

Hotel de l'Avenir is a place to stay overnight, nothing more really. It's very near Jardin du Luxembourg, which of course is nice, at least in the summertime.
The decoration is simple and quite modern, somewhat soulless.
The rooms are very small, suitable for one person.
They say the hotel was reburbished only a few years ago, but my room would have needed some paint or new carpet at least. There were some stains in the walls of the room.
Bathrooms are also very small, but not bad.
They serve simple breakfast, but it's better to have your breakfast in one of nearby cafes.
The only very nice thing here is the friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business