“Beautiful boutique hotel”

Ranked #548 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful boutique hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on our first trip to Paris in June, we stayed in one of the Celeste rooms on the top floor with a balcony. The room itself was beautiful with an amazingly comfy bed! Size of the room was small though adequate for 2 of us for a short stay, having the balcony was a nice plus, we had a lovely view of the paris streets.

The bathroom was a good size, shower was a good temperature though the shower head leaked a little so the pressure wasn't very strong.

Overall a great stay in a beautiful hotel, the breakfast was also really nice, though the croissants were frozen and not fresh.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in a nice spot, out of the busy tourist areas of Paris, but still close to the Metro and easy to get around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 5th Anniversary. I booked the hotel directly from the website
as they were offering free breakfast and WiFi which was a good deal. Upon arrival we were checked in smoothly and taken to our room. We had booked the Velvet room but upon seeing it were not happy with the size as it was very very small and felt claustrophobic.
We called the reception and asked if there were any other rooms avaiable and negotiated a good price for the Dahlia room which was very good in decor and spacious. The only downside to the room was the toilet size which is tiny.

The breakfast was small but very good.
The hotel interior is very boutique and excellent.
The staff are brilliant and always ready to help.

The location is good with 2 metro stations nearby.

I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the Velvet Room - tooo small
1 Thank DezignStudio
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Firstly - high complements for the staff! Great service and very proactive. Spoke English which is a big plus!

Room was small but comfortable (general area excl the toilet)

Pros - good little hotel
Comfortable
Relatively clean
Sleeping quality was good
Good Internet (which was down when we first checked in but fixed up quickly)
Funky interior design (u will like it or hate it)
Location was - ok
Good restaurants close by

Cons - WAY TO SMALL! I can't close the toilet door and need to ask my GF to wait at the lobby to do my deeds
- funky interior design (u either hate it or like it - I was on the borderline of my room. To certain extent felt like those one night stand motel, but maybe because I don't appreciate the architecture and could work for you)
- not much facilities - but it's Paris

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CY L
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very clean and well laid out hotel. Relaxed atmosphere and very friendly and helpful (and good English speaking) staff. The honesty bar was great in the evening before we headed out for dinner. Location is great, right next to the Place de la Republique Metro stop and a great starting point for walking to all areas of Paris. There's a bicycle rental stand almost right outside the hotel if you prefer goinbg around the city by bike.
´Standard rooms are quite small, but very cosy and chique. We opted for a "GOLD" room, which is well worth the extra money especially size wise - and we got a room on the 5th floor which meant a small private balcony.
Only one -and very minor thing, is the lack of a small shelf on which to put your toiletries. You had to leave them in your toiletbag on the floor of the bathroom or on top of the towel-rack.
But no doubt we will stay there again on our next visit to Paris - the neighbourhood is great.

Room Tip: GOLD rooms on the 5th floor have a small (standing) balcony and double glassdoors that both open.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I did not have great expectations of a small hotel in Paris - but Angely has changed my view of the city. The hotel is great - our room was designed to make you feel you were floating on clouds, with lovely furnishings and lighting. Every smallest detail had been thought through - and the room was both extremely comfortable and great fun. The staff were incredibly friendly and the atmosphere is just one of nice people, doing a great job. Our overnight stay in Paris (we were there for a concert at the Bataclan) felt like a proper holiday - Angely made us feel very special.

Room Tip: Each room is themed differently - ours was at the front, but was completely quiet
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We chose the Hotel from the other reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed whatsoever. Now bearing in mind I was woken at 7:30 in the morning of my 40th birthday (our reason for the trip) by a false fire alarm, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone! Clean, extremely well decorated, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. A little over what we'd normally spend, but it was my birthday!

If you do stay here - or at another local hotel - visit La Pharmacie just down the road. I've put another review for them on here, but they're worth mentioning twice.

Dublin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here from a Friday to Sunday for a weekend trip to Paris. Conveniently located near the buzzing Marais district and the metro line 9 which is handy for going almost anywhere. The hotel itself and its rooms are beautifully decorated. We stayed in a standard room, it was small but that was expected so no disappointment here especially as the room was lovely and extremely clean. The fact that breakfast is included in the price is an added bonus and not the norm for most Paris hotels as I understand it. It is a great breakfast offering too including cereals, pastries, breads, pancakes, cheeses, yougharts, fruits, fresh juices and tea and coffees which really set you up for a day of sight-seeing. The staff are friendly and very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple