“Friendly staff, clean rooms and great location.”

Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel
Ranked #688 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The first thing I want to say about this hotel is that the location is amazing. I've been in Paris several times, always staying at nice looking low price hotels which all turned out to be located in somewhat shady areas pretty far from the metro station etc. This is five min walk away from metro line 1 and both me and my friend felt completely safe walking in the area by night. It's not close to the city center but you don't have to change metro line so getting there is really easy. The hotel is recently renovated, modern and clean. Very small rooms, lobby, corridors and elevator but nice bathroom, huge shower and comfy bed. Didn't eat breakfast so don't know about the quality. Friendly and service minded staff with great English (france can be really tricky with that stuff..) anyway, for such a good prize this hotel is really nice. Recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you comment. We appreciate it. It's always a pleasure for us to read that our guest enjoyed their stay among us.

I hope we will see you again soon

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The cleaning staff very bad, they stolen a money from my bags . I went to reception after that for complaining and Ended with no result. The breakfast was poor. The room size is very small even the elevator is only for 2 person. The location is near to line 1 metro even though, you need at least 25 miniuts to reach chanz

It is 4 star hotel and actual it is zero star

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
1  Thank Abdulrahman A
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment but I' really surprised to read it.

However, I don't understand the information about the stolen things from your bags. You wrote that you came to the reception to complain. But no of my staff member remerber you about that. Every morning, when they asked about your mood and how was your night , you were always nice and friendly and never complained.

I know my staff, who I'm working with from such a long time and I can trust but things can happen and I would have been easier to come and see me or my assistant. We would have filled in a paper for our insurance and accompagnied you to the police station to make a statement to be reimbursed.

I know that you were particularly upset at the check-in time because we charged you extra money as you checked-in with 3 persons and have booked a room only for 2. We upgraded you to a family suite which can accomodate 4 people with a unsignificant supplement (25m² large composed of 2 rooms). By the way, et because of that, you informed us that we will shortened your stay from 6 to 2 nights. We obviously understood your decision.

You were so confortable with us that after the 2 first nights, you finally extended your stay for 4 extras nights. By the way, during your stay, you never took breakfast any morning, so I don't understand why you qualify it from "poor".

I'm really sorry than you chose to write down this comment from us instead to talking to me during your stay if your felt so much bothered. It would have made things much easier.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My college-age son and I ended up at this hotel because it popped up on Hotwire for $84 a night, and was in an good location. It turned out to be a great Hotwire gamble. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, getting us into a room with two beds on the second night. The rooms were small with regard to what Americans are used to, but it was not an issue because we spent little time in the room, and there were only two of us. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom comfortable, with a fabulous shower and a warming rack. The internet was FREE and fast. We didn't take advantage of the small hotel cafe, but the in-room coffee was good.
The location was perfect for us, because it is a short block away from the Yellow Metro line, which goes to all the major museums, the Arc D'Triomphe and follows the Champs d'Alysees. The area around the hotel was very safe, with a main street with good restaurant and shop options a couple blocks away.
I recommend this hotel highly if you are looking for an inexpensive, safe place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike G
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

dear Customer

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and I hope you soon again at 61 Paris Nation.
Good weekend

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel has been refurbished and is clean and modern. The location is very close to the Metro station and you are in central Paris in 15 minutes. The staff were very helpful and I would use the hotel again. I have seen other comments that the rooms are small. Our room was not massive but reasonable for a Paris hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeald33

Dear Customer

Thank you for your comment that made me very happy. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope you soon again at 61 Paris Nation.

Have a Good weekend

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Only downsides are really small elevator ( max 3 ppl no luggage)
And hotel doesn't have a car park. Had to park the car on the road outside which was full most of the time which led us to park the car a few streets away
Other than that really good rooms and service brilliant

• Stayed: February 2014
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. I hope you spent a nice stay among us even with the parking trouble. There is a underground parking place located next to the nation place.

I hope you will visit us again soon

Have a nice week-end

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've just arrived home after spending three nights at this hotel. I picked it because my husband and I were participating in the semi marathon de paris and we wanted to stay close to the start line. It was a breeze getting to the hotel via metro line 1. The stop is Porte de Vincennes. The hotel is literally around the corner, about 1 minute walk from the metro. The hotel was very clean and the room very big for a paris hotel. A big plus was having a kettle with tea and coffee in the room free of charge. This meant that we didn't need to buy breakfast at the hotel as there were plenty of super markets around to buy brioche, pan au chocolat etc.

It took about an hour to get from the airport by train on rer b to chatelet then on to metro line 1 and it took about 30 mins to get to the Eiffel Tower from the Porte de Vincennes stop.

The staff were very nice and helpful and they were patient as I practised my french :) I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool however there were directions in the room as to where the nearest swimmin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank runnerhmck
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay among us and I'm happy to read you will visit us again.

Waiting for you next visit

A TripAdvisor Member
Lausanne, Suisse
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we enjoyed the hotel, service and especially since it has been so nicely resdesigned. the Team was very helpful, demonstrated real profesionalism in welcoming and assisting the guests with our questions. Close to the heart of the center and still in a very quite little street. merci

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest

I'm so glad that you took time to write such a great comment. I'm also happy you enjoyed your stay among us

I hope you will visit us again soon

Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Bercy / Nation
Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Best Western Aulivia Opera
Best Western Aulivia Opera
#980 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel? Share your experiences!