“Not a bad option”

BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel
Ranked #675 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
“Not a bad option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is decently maintained and good location - next to metro station. Staff were helpful. Rooms are very small. It takes around 20 minutes to city center by train. It is on the way to Disneyland. SO not a bad option if you want to cover both Paris city and Disneyland.

Room Tip: Family Rooms with additional bedroom are comfortable. Their Double rooms are very small. We had to c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Sir

That was a great pleasure to welcome you at Best Western Premier 61 Paris Nation Hotel.

For your information, our room size is quiet normal for a city like Paris. Anyway, we offer different type of rooms from 11 square meters for the superior single room to 25 square meters for q family suite; Do not hesitate to ask us for the amount of supplement during your next stay.

Hope we see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

GOOD: We got a promotional value, so the cost/benefit relation was nice. We were going to stay 6 nights and decided to stay 8. The hotel is really close to Porte de Vincennes subway station, wich belongs to the line 1, with direct access to Champs Élysées, Arc de Triomphe, Musée du Louvre and Bastille. The staff is really kind and helpful. They booked for us the Mouling Rouge and the Bateaux Mouche. The room heating worked really well. There's a safebox and coffee/tea stuff in the room. The bathroom is confortable and the towels dryer worked nice, as did the hairdryer. The elevator fits only one person with one big luggage, but it was not a problem. The reception is opened 24h.
BAD: The room is too small. The walls can't block the noises from the other rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear guest,

I'm truly satisfied to read that you enjoyed your stay amoung us. It is a real pleasure for my staff and I to make you feel good and spend a good time in Paris.

I hope we will welcome you again very soon
Trinec, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June 2012 (before current romm renovation). It was very nice place to stay. Clean rooms, quiet and safe neighborhood, good location according to the price, kind and helpful staff. I can simply recommend this place...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank omzu
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm so happy about your comment; it's so nice. And actually, I hope that you will come back soon to discover the brand new 61 Paris Nation totally redecorated.
Aix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing. Such a good value for the money. The rooms are spotless, cozy, and comfortable. The bathroom was so clean and the shower is the best shower I've ever had, even complete with a towel warmer! Such a good place to escape the cold, and right off of the M1 main line of Paris, a simple 3 minute walk away! Definitely coming back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Sarah C
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read so many compliments. I am so happy to learn that you enjoy your stay so much among us, and my staff will so very proud of this; Your confort is our priority.

We will appreciate to welcome you soon in the 61 Paris Nation Hotel
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Clean hotel, extremely small rooms with a coffin lift! Receptionists differed at all times of day and just expected us to understand the French language which was quite annoying. Plus it really costs nothing to smile. Had to knock each evening to get in, woken each morning by construction work.advised on checking in that breakfast service was unavailable throughout our stay which I thought we could have been told. Location not bad just not overly welcoming. Smile people, your customers are on holiday!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shar20
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your comment.

First of all, I would like to inform you that the renovation works have ended last week, so there is no noise anymore.

The breakfast room is also now reopened. Nevertheless, we informed our guests, through small messages into the booking websites that the breakfast room was closed for renovation. Anyway, at your check-in, you proposed you an alternative, we had an agreement with a nearby brasserie which served breaksfast every day.

Concerning, the front door, for security reason, in order to avoid our customers to be disturbed, we lock the door at nightfall, you just have to ring, the 24h/24h receptionist will open you the door.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you soon at 61 Paris Nation Hotel
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days for work. I cannot vouch for the breakfast quality, but I can vouch for the quality of the newly renovated rooms.

They are in great condition, and are just superbly designed. I was in room 408, and my colleague was in room 401. Both impressed by the use of, admittedly, small space. The bathroom, although compact, was spotless, with great fittings. The shower is really powerful, and is up there with the best I have ever tried, even in non-budget hotels.

As I was here for work, I dont know about transport links, but I passed a metro station about 5 mins walk away. If you do come here, ask about "Le Paris Cafe" which is a short walk away, and they do SUPERB dinners there. The Entrecote steak my colleague had was one of the best he ever had, and I had a superb charcuterie plate and carbonara.

Anyway, great little hotel, nice to see nice design applied even in a budget hotel. I look forward to staying here again on my next trip.

P.s. - yes, there is some building work going on downstairs, but who cares, you don't spend time down there, and I am sure it will be finished soon.

Room Tip: The elevator is tiny, so if you have trouble with stairs make sure you say so they can put you on a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks a lot for your nice comment.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that the renovations and our brand new rooms suited you.

Do not hesitate to come back to 61 Paris Nation Hôtel, the renovations are almost over and you may discover our new ground floor and lobby.

Happy new year 2013.
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a short stay in Paris. The rooms were newly renovated, and comfortable. The shower is the best shower I've ever seen!
However, there were renovations going on while we were there, but when I asked to be moved to a quieter room, the staff were very helpful in accommodating us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guest

I'm so pleased to read such a comment about my hotel. My staff and I do our best to satify you during your stay, and it's a great pleasure if we succeed in doing it.

I hope that you will visit us soon to discover the last part of our renovation : the lobby and the breakfast room.

Thanks again for your cooperation