“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #675 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Trinec, Czech Republic
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June 2012 (before current romm renovation). It was very nice place to stay. Clean rooms, quiet and safe neighborhood, good location according to the price, kind and helpful staff. I can simply recommend this place...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank omzu
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm so happy about your comment; it's so nice. And actually, I hope that you will come back soon to discover the brand new 61 Paris Nation totally redecorated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aix
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing. Such a good value for the money. The rooms are spotless, cozy, and comfortable. The bathroom was so clean and the shower is the best shower I've ever had, even complete with a towel warmer! Such a good place to escape the cold, and right off of the M1 main line of Paris, a simple 3 minute walk away! Definitely coming back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Sarah C
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read so many compliments. I am so happy to learn that you enjoy your stay so much among us, and my staff will so very proud of this; Your confort is our priority.

We will appreciate to welcome you soon in the 61 Paris Nation Hotel
ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Clean hotel, extremely small rooms with a coffin lift! Receptionists differed at all times of day and just expected us to understand the French language which was quite annoying. Plus it really costs nothing to smile. Had to knock each evening to get in, woken each morning by construction work.advised on checking in that breakfast service was unavailable throughout our stay which I thought we could have been told. Location not bad just not overly welcoming. Smile people, your customers are on holiday!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shar20
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your comment.

First of all, I would like to inform you that the renovation works have ended last week, so there is no noise anymore.

The breakfast room is also now reopened. Nevertheless, we informed our guests, through small messages into the booking websites that the breakfast room was closed for renovation. Anyway, at your check-in, you proposed you an alternative, we had an agreement with a nearby brasserie which served breaksfast every day.

Concerning, the front door, for security reason, in order to avoid our customers to be disturbed, we lock the door at nightfall, you just have to ring, the 24h/24h receptionist will open you the door.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you soon at 61 Paris Nation Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days for work. I cannot vouch for the breakfast quality, but I can vouch for the quality of the newly renovated rooms.

They are in great condition, and are just superbly designed. I was in room 408, and my colleague was in room 401. Both impressed by the use of, admittedly, small space. The bathroom, although compact, was spotless, with great fittings. The shower is really powerful, and is up there with the best I have ever tried, even in non-budget hotels.

As I was here for work, I dont know about transport links, but I passed a metro station about 5 mins walk away. If you do come here, ask about "Le Paris Cafe" which is a short walk away, and they do SUPERB dinners there. The Entrecote steak my colleague had was one of the best he ever had, and I had a superb charcuterie plate and carbonara.

Anyway, great little hotel, nice to see nice design applied even in a budget hotel. I look forward to staying here again on my next trip.

P.s. - yes, there is some building work going on downstairs, but who cares, you don't spend time down there, and I am sure it will be finished soon.

Room Tip: The elevator is tiny, so if you have trouble with stairs make sure you say so they can put you on a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks a lot for your nice comment.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that the renovations and our brand new rooms suited you.

Do not hesitate to come back to 61 Paris Nation Hôtel, the renovations are almost over and you may discover our new ground floor and lobby.

Happy new year 2013.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a short stay in Paris. The rooms were newly renovated, and comfortable. The shower is the best shower I've ever seen!
However, there were renovations going on while we were there, but when I asked to be moved to a quieter room, the staff were very helpful in accommodating us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guest

I'm so pleased to read such a comment about my hotel. My staff and I do our best to satify you during your stay, and it's a great pleasure if we succeed in doing it.

I hope that you will visit us soon to discover the last part of our renovation : the lobby and the breakfast room.

Thanks again for your cooperation
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed October 21, 2012

PROS: This hotel was one of the best I've stayed at while traveling through Europe.  The location is absolutely perfect for seeing all the sights in Paris by Metro - just a 15 minute walk and you're at on of the main Metro stops (Nation).

We stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and couldnt have asked for better.  Both the rooms and bathrooms were remarkably designed and spotless.  I especially loved the bed and the pillows.  We also enjoyed using the elevator, a rarity in Europe. The staff was courteous and helpful.

Another part of our group had one of the 4-person rooms and the setup was pretty good.  It was split into two rooms with a double bed in one and two singles in the other.

CONS: When we stayed in October 2012, they were still renovating the rest of the rooms.  As a result, there were loud sounds of construction in the lobby and we had to navigate our way through construction workers while ascending the stairs.  Fortunately construction stopped around 17:00 and didn't start again until well after 8:00 or 9:00.
A minor annoyance that will be gone soon.

Metro station allows any travel or to hit anywhere in Paris in 35 minutes with very minimal train switches.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest

I'm so happy to read some a great comment in the morning, and to know that you really enjoyed your stay amoung us, discovering our totally new 60's style designed rooms.

I hope that we will welcome you again soon, in our new lobby and breakfast room.

Thank you!
Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Paris nation hotel from the 17th to the 22nd of July this year and i could not have been more pleased.
First, the staff at the hotel were lovely, always with a friendly hello in the morning, and happy to answer any queries we had. On the first night the receptionist recommended a great, reasonably priced restaurant within 3 minutes walk. Another day, my friend needed to print off a boarding pass so we asked if there were any internet cafes nearby, and the receptionist just let us print off the pass on his computer: really above and beyond.
Second: the room, though small, was perfectly suited to our needs (as we were just spending the day doing tourist things. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, we also had a fridge where we could store food if needed and that was handy for cooling down our water before a day in the sun.
Thirdly, The breakfast included in the price was tasty and filling, and helped us keep to our student budget as we had no need to snack.
Finally, the location was great as well, just around the corner from a metro station on line 1, so very easy access to the tourist hotspots, and a very short walk when we got home tired in the dark.

The only slight downside was that the breakfast room was very small, so it was a bit of a squeeze in the morning, but they had used the space as well as they could. Also there was building work going on during our stay, but work didn't start too early so we slept very soundly.

Thank you 61 Paris Nation for a great stay! I have recommended the hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic get a room on a lower floor as the lift is very small and you will be bett...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura S
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest

It makes me so happy to read such a great comment.

I really enjoy the fact that you and your friend spent a nice stay in oour hotel and that my team helped you as much as they can.

That would be such a great pleasure to welcome you again in 61 Paris Nation hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Bercy / Nation
Le Ruisseau
#1 of 1 in Saint-Mande
Batignolles-Monceau
Best Western Opera Batignolles

Been to Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel? Share your experiences!