“Nice new rooms, budget price!”

Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel
Ranked #682 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days for work. I cannot vouch for the breakfast quality, but I can vouch for the quality of the newly renovated rooms.

They are in great condition, and are just superbly designed. I was in room 408, and my colleague was in room 401. Both impressed by the use of, admittedly, small space. The bathroom, although compact, was spotless, with great fittings. The shower is really powerful, and is up there with the best I have ever tried, even in non-budget hotels.

As I was here for work, I dont know about transport links, but I passed a metro station about 5 mins walk away. If you do come here, ask about "Le Paris Cafe" which is a short walk away, and they do SUPERB dinners there. The Entrecote steak my colleague had was one of the best he ever had, and I had a superb charcuterie plate and carbonara.

Anyway, great little hotel, nice to see nice design applied even in a budget hotel. I look forward to staying here again on my next trip.

P.s. - yes, there is some building work going on downstairs, but who cares, you don't spend time down there, and I am sure it will be finished soon.

Room Tip: The elevator is tiny, so if you have trouble with stairs make sure you say so they can put you on a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks a lot for your nice comment.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that the renovations and our brand new rooms suited you.

Do not hesitate to come back to 61 Paris Nation Hôtel, the renovations are almost over and you may discover our new ground floor and lobby.

Happy new year 2013.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a short stay in Paris. The rooms were newly renovated, and comfortable. The shower is the best shower I've ever seen!
However, there were renovations going on while we were there, but when I asked to be moved to a quieter room, the staff were very helpful in accommodating us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear guest

I'm so pleased to read such a comment about my hotel. My staff and I do our best to satify you during your stay, and it's a great pleasure if we succeed in doing it.

I hope that you will visit us soon to discover the last part of our renovation : the lobby and the breakfast room.

Thanks again for your cooperation

Reviewed October 21, 2012

PROS: This hotel was one of the best I've stayed at while traveling through Europe.  The location is absolutely perfect for seeing all the sights in Paris by Metro - just a 15 minute walk and you're at on of the main Metro stops (Nation).

We stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and couldnt have asked for better.  Both the rooms and bathrooms were remarkably designed and spotless.  I especially loved the bed and the pillows.  We also enjoyed using the elevator, a rarity in Europe. The staff was courteous and helpful.

Another part of our group had one of the 4-person rooms and the setup was pretty good.  It was split into two rooms with a double bed in one and two singles in the other.

CONS: When we stayed in October 2012, they were still renovating the rest of the rooms.  As a result, there were loud sounds of construction in the lobby and we had to navigate our way through construction workers while ascending the stairs.  Fortunately construction stopped around 17:00 and didn't start again until well after 8:00 or 9:00.
A minor annoyance that will be gone soon.

Metro station allows any travel or to hit anywhere in Paris in 35 minutes with very minimal train switches.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest

I'm so happy to read some a great comment in the morning, and to know that you really enjoyed your stay amoung us, discovering our totally new 60's style designed rooms.

I hope that we will welcome you again soon, in our new lobby and breakfast room.

Thank you!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Paris nation hotel from the 17th to the 22nd of July this year and i could not have been more pleased.
First, the staff at the hotel were lovely, always with a friendly hello in the morning, and happy to answer any queries we had. On the first night the receptionist recommended a great, reasonably priced restaurant within 3 minutes walk. Another day, my friend needed to print off a boarding pass so we asked if there were any internet cafes nearby, and the receptionist just let us print off the pass on his computer: really above and beyond.
Second: the room, though small, was perfectly suited to our needs (as we were just spending the day doing tourist things. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, we also had a fridge where we could store food if needed and that was handy for cooling down our water before a day in the sun.
Thirdly, The breakfast included in the price was tasty and filling, and helped us keep to our student budget as we had no need to snack.
Finally, the location was great as well, just around the corner from a metro station on line 1, so very easy access to the tourist hotspots, and a very short walk when we got home tired in the dark.

The only slight downside was that the breakfast room was very small, so it was a bit of a squeeze in the morning, but they had used the space as well as they could. Also there was building work going on during our stay, but work didn't start too early so we slept very soundly.

Thank you 61 Paris Nation for a great stay! I have recommended the hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic get a room on a lower floor as the lift is very small and you will be bett...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura S
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest

It makes me so happy to read such a great comment.

I really enjoy the fact that you and your friend spent a nice stay in oour hotel and that my team helped you as much as they can.

That would be such a great pleasure to welcome you again in 61 Paris Nation hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I made the reservation and I paid for two rooms, one twin, one double, two months in advance.
When getting there, the rude, even vulgar front desk officer was offering me something different.
Beside that, the hotel is cramped, dirty, with huge need of renovation. Also, very poor breakfast.
Even though it is very closed to the metro, I am strongly recommend to avoid it.

AM

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aurelia_MM
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear Guest

I'm sad to read your complaint here, as you already put the same in our website and I already answered to you.

So, first of all, I would like to remind you that we clearly gave you the type of room you booked, above all the bedding type.

Actually, as you booked two rooms together, we try, when the availibility of the hotel allows it to give to our guests rooms next to each other.

Actually due to the fact that you booked a double and a twin room, we figured out that maybe you were travelling with your kids so we gave you 2 rooms next to each other, which were #506 and #507.
It is right that we were not accomodated in a real twin room as we didn't have a twin room available near to the double, you stayed in a quadruple room (a room in two parts, with 2 singles beds in each part, separated with the bathroom, which is 25 m² large). That's why since the first beginning we don't understand your displeasure.

Let me also remind you that the breakfast your are complaining about was offered during all your stay and is composed with : hot beverages (coffee, expresso, 8 types of tea bags and 2 herbal tea) , 2 juices, 2 types of cereals, delicatessen, pastries and bread baked on spot, 3 types of toasts, 3 types of jams, honey, fresh and dry fruits, fruits salad and stewed apples, fresh cheese, yoghourts, 3 types of cheeses and boiled egg.

However, I'm always pleased to change or add new product, upon the advice of our guests.

I'm really sad you spent a so awful stay. Nevertheless, I was sure, that you've changed your mind, after you talk to the front office manager; as we proposed you to the change the quadruple to a twin as you requested and you prefered to keep your room.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place is clean but not luxury, the people are helpful. The hotel is very close to the rail system. Easy to get to anywhere in Paris. If you don’t do small lifts very well then this is properly not the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't know if any rooms are any better then others.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngieDawson
Sonia D, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for giving us your review about your stay. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay among us.
I don't know which room number you had, you didn't mention it. But we have 5 different types of rooms : singles about 11 m², double (with large bed) or twin (with 2 single beds) about 13.5 ², triple room of 22 m² and quad room of 25 m².

Room can have bath or shower.

And do not hesitate to request a room in a low floor if you are scared in tiny lift. It will be a pleasure to satisfy you.

I hope you will visit us soon in 61 Paris Nation Hotel

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Room was good value and staff were very friendly. Very close to main Paris subway. Would definately recommend for those on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2012
Nationbercy, Directeur général at Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank for for taking a few moments to tell us your satisfaction about your stay in 61 Paris Nation Hotel. I'm very pleased to read that my staff was very welcoming and help you enjoing your stay in Paris.

I hope I will have the great pleasure to welcome you soon in our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Bercy / Nation
Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Best Western Aulivia Opera
Best Western Aulivia Opera
#966 of 1,803 in Paris

Been to Best Western Plus 61 Paris Nation Hotel? Share your experiences!