Room was good value and staff were very friendly. Very close to main Paris subway. Would definately recommend for those on a budget.More
- Free Wifi
- Room Service
Room was good value and staff were very friendly. Very close to main Paris subway. Would definately recommend for those on a budget.MoreShow less
I would like to thank for for taking a few moments to tell us your satisfaction about your stay in 61 Paris Nation Hotel. I'm very pleased to read that my staff was very welcoming and help you enjoing your stay in Paris.
I hope I will have the great pleasure to welcome you soon in our hotel.
Small room badly needs decorated. Staff very rude, 2 kitchen staff and one receptionist. Very close to Metro handy. Lift tiny. Dont eat where they recommend. Not what we are used to in Scotland. Tea/coffee facilities in room - only 2 small milk,2 tea bags and was not replenished during the rest of the week.
Further to your comments, we regret that your stay in our hotel did not please you and we apologize for this inconvenience. However, we would like to clarify some points:
- the size of the rooms, the lift and any other parts of our hotel matches exactly with the french standards regarding three-stars hotels, specially in Paris. You may then find it too small for you, far too different from what you are used to in Scotland or badly decorated, that's what one could call a matter of taste. Regarding the lift, you might think it was too tiny but at least there is one. Indeed, not all hotels have lifts in Paris.
-we are truly sorry if you felt offended by our staff. In fact, we pay a lot of attention on having an open, kind and helpful team who tries to satisfy customers’ needs and make their stay as nice as possible. We truly hope it was a misunderstanding. We usually recommend restaurants that we like. But, tastes are very different from one person to another person.
- the welcoming tray in the room called in French “le plateau courtoisie” (including tea, coffee, milk, biscuit..) which offers special products dedicated to welcome the guests and not served for a meal. This tray is replenished everyday. If you had a problem you should have inform the reception that would have been pleased to find you a solution. We propose in the lounge of the reception a coffee/tee machine opened 24h/24h.
Nevertheless, we thank for your comments and we will take them into account caring to improve our quality service.
Staff were pleasant and helpfull. Room was small, but easy to move around and there was plent of storage space in the wardrobe. Lift is TINY-could only just fit two adults, so I would use the stairs if you are claustrphobic. Lot's of great pattiserie's and deli's within easy walking distance. Only a short ride on the metro to get into the centre of Paris/alot of the main toursit spots. Nice quiet area, didn't really see many tourist around. Was nice to come back to such a lovely area after wandering around through the hustle and bustle of the centre of Paris/main tourist areas.
thank you for your comment. Please feel free to come back and visit us ,as soon as we made renovation work.
This hotel has a rather large bed bug infestation, which I did not notice until after sleeping there. The sheets are spotted with blood and the bugs were all over when I woke up early. I didn't know what they were at the time, but looked them up after the fact and was very upset that they didn't note the signs, which should have been very clear to the maids and those doing laundrey. Do not stay here!!!
I am extremely sad of reading your comment. Indeed taking into account the high season and the number of tourists accomodated in the hotel, no hotel of the world is safe from an invasion of this type; We carry out very strict sanitary controls on this level every week. This kind of incident does not depend at all on the category of the hotel or of its cleanliness, it is about a completely exceptional and isolated case. We took the necessary measures to cure it and at the current hour, we did not have to deplore other incidents of this type.
If this were a hostel then I would probably give it a 3-star rating. However, it's not, it's a 3-star hotel..... I spent 4 nights here (150 Eur per night, published rate). I'll start with the good points, but it'll be short:
+ pleasant, English-speaking receptionists
+ (tiny) patio out the back for an evening smoke
+ very close to the metro stop, Line 1, so only 20 minutes if that to the centre for tourists
+ flat panel TV oppposite bed so no need to get a stiff neck watching tv from bed
+ room a touch larger than the Paris centre average, but only a touch (I had a double room, not sure if this makes a difference)
And now the bad points:
- area is pretty grotty (including the Paris soup kitchen, worthy be its cause, doing its business round the corner attracting hordes of Les Miserables)
- room run down, out of date
- no safe in room, you have to rent a safety deposit box in the basement for an extra 4 Euros a day
- breakfast (extra 10 eur /day) nothing exciting. Very small breakfast room and buffet space
- coffee was quite good, being freshly ground in the automatic dispenser machine. However, the whole process takes several minutes and in the meantime a queue builds up behind you. This wouldn't be an issue normally if the queue didn't necessarily block the whole modest breakfast buffet space
- pavement outside hotel looks like a tank drove over it, not good in the rain....
- not the sort of locality you want to go for an evening stroll, you're better off taking the metro a couple of stops nearer the centre and civilisation
This would be a very comfortable hostel. Unfortunately it's a not very pleasant hotel.
Thank you for giving u a review of your stay.
Regarding the hotel's area, this entire quarter is in renovation, for the arrival of a new tramway line in 2012. That's why the area looks a litlle "grotty" but it's in order to take on a new lease of life in 6 months . Fortunately, we have a fast and easy access to livelier quarter of Paris and the location of the hotel is perfect for rest .
Regarding the hotel, we improve the buffet breakfast 3 month ago (without changing the price) with fresh coffee, on spot baked pastries and bread, organic cereals, dried fruits and juices, home made marmelades... We know that the breakfast room could be crowded if a lot of people go down in the same time, but we rarely meet problems with that. To avoid any complain, a waitress is available to help you or to serve you if needed.
I hope you will have the opportunity to come back to our hotel next year to discover our new area and if you are interested in knowing what happens here, you can take a look at this web site : http://www.tramway.paris.fr/ewb_pages/t/tramway_T3_extension.php
We had 3 rooms with our party, ALL rooms were very dirty. Carpets were dirty, sheets most probably used as they had hair on them. But to top it, my wife woke up screaming as her pillow was infested with lice. They moved us at 2 AM, and the person doing the night shift was very apologetic. Terrible, terrible, terrible.
We thank you for your review and you are sorry that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Wa would like to explain that even if you think the carpets were dirty, there are cleaned up at least one time a month. We also do daily inspection for the cleanliness of the room and health control from a exterior company few time a year.
Hopefully, our night staff member tried to help and satisfied you the best he could.