“Lovely”

Hotel Brady Gare de L'Est
Ranked #980 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The reception is excellent and staff very friendly and ready to assist despite the language barrier,and the accomodation is quite comfortable.the hotel is quite central and there are 2 metro stationsvfor youbto connect to the city.lovely place.thank you for the good service.
Toun.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lawal A

Reviewed September 24, 2011

good location if you turn right out of the hotel other wise it is like a whole different world. Most of the staff was awful, except for one tall blonde woman who had given my a refund for the last night I was supposed to be staying. i had to leave this place I felt not wanted here.The Night Audit gentlemen said that I as an American expect to much luxury when I asked if something was wrong with my air conditioning. No air conditioning in my room. Also internet conection kept going in an out and we were only on the second floor and same night audit person said with and attitude to my boyfriend it should work and did not give him another password.

Room Tip: get a room with a king or queen bed
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vidalenm01
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I travel for work but was on holidays and my friend booked this hotel. We both couldn't put our suitcase open on the floor it was that small. I had stained sheets and a pillow was also stained.
The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. There was wall paper coming off the walls and the toilet/room stunk of urine, once the initial spray wore off.
Differently wouldnt recommend unless you were on a very strict budget. I think a backpackers would we nicer!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Ganzerl
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed at Comfort Inn Gare de L'est in May for 2 nights. From previous travel to Paris I knew that rooms were small and amenities scarce. This room was very small. The door to the room hit the bed upon entering. You could barely turn around in the bathroom. The shower head was handheld only due to broken holder. The stairs up to the loft were rotten and would sag dangerously when ascending and descending. The stairs were so scary that we did not use the loft at all. No A/C which we were expecting but also no screen on the windows so we couldn't keep the window open too far due to pigeons. The elevator would barely hold the two of us and our luggage.

What was good about this hotel is that they forgot to charge us for breakfast and it was close to the subway.

The neighbourhood is strangely less "concerning" in the evening than the daytime but still would not recommend being out too late in this neighbourhood.

We stayed here because the price was good and we had spent our budget on a week in Bordeaux. I would only recommend this to budget wary travellers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although the accommodations were not what we would have liked and/or expected, I must say first that our basic needs were met by this hotel, but if we had known beforehand that it would be so meager, we would have probably picked a different hotel while in Paris. It is convenient to two Metro stops so taking the subway from the night train was easy. The front desk person was very nice and spoke English-which for me was so nice. It is in a part of town with a lot of African immigrants, so expect a lot of wig shops and folks from North Africa. Great area for ethnic food, but have to go a street over for the "French" shops. Not far from some corner cafes and I HIGHLY recommend the crepe restaurant nearby. We never ate the continental breakfast because it ends at 10am! Not what you'd want anyway. The room was serviced everyday, but was overly simple for me. Hard bed and the balcony looked onto a roof. Very work furniture and very worn place in general. Not "relaxing" after a long day of site-seeing. No in-room safe, but they do ask that you leave your key at the desk when you go. Looks like it was something cool 20-25 years ago. It is a Comfort Inn, but think more Roadway Inn. We didn't worry about safety, though but not a lot after dark nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

For those on a budget, just looking for a place to sleep for the night, then this hotel may be for you. The rooms are small (or i guess typical for Europe) and meet the bare minimum for travellers-ie have a bed, toilet, tub and TV. The walls were paper thin meaning you will be kept up by your neighbours if they succumb to the romance of Paris (though this hotel is definitley a buzz killer lol) and will be woken up by the early risers. The bed was not especially comfortable and between the noise and lack of comfort, it made getting a good night's sleep a challenge. The area is very authentic and you will pass by some very local restaurants, stores and cafes on your way to and from the metro stop (which is about 3 blocks from the hotel. All in all I wouldn't stay here again but when you factor in the price and your specific needs, this hotel may suffice-barely!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaunr52
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The bathroom was very clean hopefully.The bedroom was spacious and the wardrobe as well.There was an elevator so it doesn' t matter in which floor your room is.The subway is near the hotel.In addition ,there is a taxi rank in front of the hotel.Finally the area is filled with restaurants and fast foods.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends