“A delightful evening with exceptional food”
Review of La Table d'Orphee

La Table d'Orphee
Ranked #2,256 of 18,817 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed May 16, 2016

We dined here a few weeks ago for dinner based on a personal recommendation and were treated to the most wonderful evening by the owner, Orpheus, and his staff. He takes great care in preparing all his dishes, which he makes with fresh and local ingredients. My steak was the best steak I have ever eaten. Period. He and his wait staff is friendly and attentive and very engaging. If you want a personable and authentic dining experience in Paris, this is a great choice! Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 27, 2016

We went there with my husband for a brunch today (it is obligatory to book inn advance by the phone, because the place is small and it was completely booked). They have 2 services - 12:00 and 14:00. The reception was perfect, very attentive and polite staff in the dining room and in the kitchen. I advise to go there being very hungry, because only this way you will be able to try all the dishes and snacks presented there. Eventhough we ate a lot, we didn't try all the assortement. The choice is really very rich and the level of the food is on the top. They serve various cold snacks, desserts and also main hot dishes. Hot chocolate is a must to try. Everything is a volonte. I highly recommend you to go for the brunch there, you won't be dissapointed. And we will come back there for sure and invite our friends there.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

Coming not so often enough in Paris, I wanted to bring together my best Parisian friends to a Sunday brunch. A friend of me recommended me "La Table d'Orphée" in the 5th arrondissement. I book a table for 12 people a week in advance as this brunch is quite popular and the restaurant quite small.
The brunch consists in an open buffet set up in the kitchen of the restaurant offering a large choice of salty (salads, ham, meat, cheese...) and sweet (crepe, waffle, chocolate fondant, pudding...) specialties. We help ourselves while cookers prepare dishes. We can easily communicate with them. Nice experience!
Food is very fresh and tasty, split in small portions. Salmon and dry meat were excellent. Crepes were delicious too.
25 euros for this all-u-can-eat buffet. Great value in Paris! It includes also all-u-can-drink hot beverages. You must add 3€ for a fresh juice and 5€ for a glass of wine.
We spent a very good time there. I recommend this place for a good, affordable and genuine Parisian brunch.

1  Thank Romain L
Reviewed December 15, 2015

The buffet is very good. Interior design is fair and small, but the service is very satisfying. U should make reservations in advance since it is a very popular place to brunch every Sunday.

Reviewed November 18, 2015

go here to have the best lunch and dinner in the 5th arrondissement. The interior lacks a feeling of warmth because the tables and chairs are too minimalist in comfort and design. However the food is far superior to anything you'll find elsewhere in this neighborhood. Bravo to the chef.