“Cheap and clean hotel in Pigalle area”

Grand Hotel de Turin
Ranked #1,185 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheap and clean hotel in Pigalle area”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Reviews were not so great so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel. However when i checked in I was greeted warmly by Bernard. Gave me all the information i need about the hotel and the area surrounding it. Room was bigger than i anticipated after reading reviews that Paris hotel rooms are generally small. It even came with a bathtub. Hot water wasn't a problem either. Room floors and bed were squeaky but not an issue for me. Lift can only fit 2 person but its not a problem for me and my wife. At least it has a lift. Get a room on the 5th floor. It has a small balcony (more like a ledge) that u can step out and take pictures. Book directly with the hotel and get wifi free. Reception is good all around the hotel area. Even though the hotel is in Pigalle its quite safe to be travelling at night. Though I would not recommend it if travelling with kids because of the abundance of strip clubs and sex shops in the area. In short, hotel is not for the fussy travellers and always remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Muhammad Firdau... F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went to visit my girlfriend in Paris and unlike the previous hotel they didn't force her to spend 20 euros a day just to see me in my room, massive plus! The area is slightly seedy but its bang in the middle of montmartre and Opera, bath was slightly dirty and the staff aren't very welcoming which is a shame but apart from that no complaints. Nice sized room, balcony, the interior is standard for a hotel, wouldn't complain if I stayed there again.

Only downside was that the internet is very slow and you have to pay 2euros a day for it, which I wouldnt have minded if it was a fast connection.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel now for three times. This time I came with a friend and we decided to upgrade to the quad room and I was impressed at how much bigger it was for all our stuff. We are two women and trust me when I tell you the area is safe. It is near Pigalle, red light district, but that's about a few blocks away and I have never experienced anything bad. The location is fantastic. You have two metro stops close by. St. George and Pigalle. Also, you have Rue de martys which if you walk straight down for about 1/2 a mile you will run into the biggest shopping area in the Opera district, Galleries Lafayette and Au Printemps. Sacre Coeur is a 20 minute walk up towards the hotel. Great cafe's all around, the monoprix is a 5 minute walk, go there to save money of stuff like water, etc. The staff is helpful and kind and know english. I always practice my French and they appreciate that. Rooms are clean, the maids are nice and we never used our safe and nothing was ever taken. I would recommend this. Great budget hotel.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a quad or triple, it's just a few bucks extra and if you have a lot of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LoveParis007
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've got to say first that I'm not a fussy client. I never complain and I just think positive. But, when you are treated like a rat, or even worst, the least that I can do is to stop any other people to stay in this rubbish hotel.
Dirty room, not even a kettle, no carpets, dirty bath, rubbish staff. They tried their best to ruin our holiday.
Very noisy area. It's not my first trip to Paris, and previously I choose another hotel around 5 minutes walk from this one, which was amazing.
One thing it's for sure, don't go here. Grand hotel de Turin it's a waste of money and time

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank M8Green

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed as part of trip to the Prix L'arc de Triomphe, excellent location 10 mins walk from Pigalle Metro station and bus stations that take you to te majority of major sites in Paris at minimal cost.
10 minutes walk to the Moulin Rouge, 15 walk to the Sacre Coeur.
The room was functional, if very dated, wooden floor, but bed comfortable and room very clean, the stay was enjoyable and was good value for money given the extreme high prices in Paris.
Lift was very tiny and breakfast in hotel of little more than average quality, but this is optional and a short walk takes you to many cafes.

The reception staff were very quirky but extremely helpful and aided us around the transport system, which with my limited French was vey useful.

We did walk from the hotel to the Arc de Triomphe in an ahour and a half to give you some perspective.
Don't sit and have a pint on the Champs Elyesse, it cost us 25 Euros for two and don't hire a taxi through a hotel the driver adds 15 Euros to the cost before you get in the vehicle !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Typical Paris Hotel, good value great location
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I found this hotel to be greatly located, close to the Gare Du Nord train station if you are arriving on the Eurostar. If you know where you are going it takes about 15mins to walk the distance. It is also located very close to all amenities, the Metro and the Moulin Rouge. That may not be to everyone's liking but it didn't bother us! The staff were friendly and very helpful, showing us places on the map that would be of interest to us. As a quad room, we didn't know what to expect from it but we were more than happy with what we got; the room was clean, there was space enough for us all and the ensuite was spotless. The main drawback for me was that the room was pretty warm at night but we couldn't really have the doors open because the traffic noise was often quite loud. We were on the first floor so walking up one flight of stairs was no problem for us but other people on higher floors may have something to say about the size of the lift which is tiny!
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great place to stay in Paris and would not hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spooble
PARIS
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Value for money. It was worth staying there.. Quite central.....the only drawback i found was that they only have 1 really small elevator and hence you have to wait to go upsatairs ( or use the stairs) yet 4 floors could be quite much...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com