“I love love love this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #54 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, Ca
“I love love love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

Right from the start we had great service at this hotel. When we checked in not only did we get a room upgrade for free, but also the nice gentleman who checked us in even showed us to our room and explained how everything worked in the room and what services were available at the hotel. The room was beautiful and big. The location was also great. I will definitely return to the Park Hyatt Vendome for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelanieOnVacation
PHPV, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.
Gorka Bergareche - Directeur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

we stayed here this past weekend and were looked after from the moment we checked in, till the moment our car left the entrance for the Gard du nord.
+ves
- the bedroom and bathroom were very clean and beautiful
- the check-in staff and concierge were poilte and helpful. a welcome box of chocolates were delivered to our room, and during our stay they brought us an ice bucket, corkscrew, gave us a late 2pm checkout and organised a limo with no fuss.

-ves
- nothing whatsoever. Actually, maybe the price of things. But we stayed with Hyatt points and didn't use the mini-bar (you'd have to be mental to) so the stay was essentially free.

Still, we both cannot wait to come back here. Its location was perfect for exploring the city on foot.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PHPV, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, October 21, 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,
I would like just to thank you for your comments posted and for your constructive criticism in respect to the rate for our outlets. Should you have any additional comments in this respect which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit our city again.
Best regards
Gorka Bergareche - General Manager
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed here for the second time recently as one of the winners of a free Hyatt night from their recent online sweepstakes (yes, it was real and real people sometimes win!). I arrived here early and was hoping to get checked in before noon but as the hotel was sold out the previous night could not (who says there's a recesssion in Paris???).

Marc, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful and even was nice enough to lie to me that my French was good (don't ask my French friends that!!). As my room wasn't ready yet, he prepared my paperwork and took my luggage for me then asked if he could call me when the room was ready (unfortunately I didn't have cell service in France).

When I returned several hours later (after a nice walk around the area), Marc took me directly to my room where my luggage had already been taken and showed me around the room. He pointed out the recent changes to the hotel and even mentioned that they were planning on doing some upgrades soon (yes, the flat screens are coming soon for those who are looking for them). The room, although not as spacious as the last time I was there was still very nice with a great bathroom (rain shower head and soaking tub) and a nice walk-in closet (almost as big as some hotel rooms in NYC!).

The spa was nice----while I didn't take any treatments, I used the exercise room and co-ed sauna/whirlpool and was pleased. Only issue I had was that the attendant came in at 10pm to kick me out even though it said they were open until 11pm. Oh well, that's the French for you!

Didn't try the restaurant but it looked good (pricey, but it's a hotel restaurant). Location is great especially if you want to see the Louvre. I met a guy in the exercise room who was there on his anniversary and he said that he had stayed earlier at the Westin down the street. While he said they had better views (they could see the Eiffel Tower), he said that the Park Hyatt was a hundred times better due to the service. What better endorsement could you get than that. Definitely love this hotel and would love to stay here again-----on someone else's dime though! :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Manico
PHPV, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Dear Madam/Sir, We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in a not too distant future. Gorka Bergareche - Directeur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Good staff, food, security, concierge, rooms and bed, especially the bath tub. A flat screen for next time please! I would go back any time. Thank you Park Hyatt.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank acchi
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Just returned from a trip through France and I had to write a review of this hotel. Even before we arrived I was impressed with the prompt and thorough responses from the Concierge Desk. Upon our arrival; tired from an overnight flight from Miami, we were greeted with complete professionalism and attention to detail. Our room was spacious with a full sized bathroom that had separate his/her sections and a full bathtub. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of fruit, cereals, yogurt, cheeses and smoked salmon (delicious!) as well as many hot choices and a la carte options. My husband loved the pancakes and waffles. The coffee was wonderful and the fresh squeezed orange juice had me adding oj to my morning routine. Who knew oj could taste so good? (and I am from Florida). The staff at breakfast were particularly friendly and helpful with any questions we had about our activities for the day.
The location of the hotel was also excellent - close to shopping, major attractions (a quick stroll to the Louvre, Tuilleries, Champs Elysees, and Notre Dame) as well as 2 metro stations (Tuilleries and Madeleine). I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katiedblaze
Sacramento, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

We just returned and loved the Park Hyatt facility but we loved the Hyatt staff even more. Forget the comments about the French being rude. The Hyatt staff went out of their way to provide service and assistance. A great hotel, in a great location with a dedicated staff.

Recommendations are: they should provide free internet (i think it was $19 euros per day...ouch!) and the TV's in our room was older, not a wide screen and poor resolution making it difficult to watch.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

This is my 4th stay at the Paris Park Hyatt, and I will be back in the future. Everything about this property speaks elegance and luxury, from its location near the Place Vendome, to the food and ambience. While I've not seen a lot of reviewers talk about the spa, I must also mention that the massage therapists are among the best I've ever come across. You will not find a better therapeutic massage experience anywhere. Among my favorite aspects of the hotel - the scent when you walk through the front door (unique and wonderful), the bathrooms (to die for), the room service food (elegant), the comfort of the bed. If I were forced to critique the hotel (in the spirit of perhaps the management reading these reviews), I would mention the lighting (rooms tend to be dark), TVs (LCDs or Plasmas would be nice), the dressing rooms in the spa (recent renovations made them smaller - unfortunately), and the prices (if you have to ask....). All in all - a great experience - if price is no object.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo