“Classy and Chic”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #64 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a perfect stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome. Here's what made it perfect:
1. When we arrived, our taxi was greeted by 3 different attendants. 1 to open the door, another to get our luggage, another to welcome us.
2. When we entered, the lobby was welcoming and grand. A very classy and modern space. There is a beautiful restaurant and bar with a big courtyard.
3. We were upgraded to a great room with a balcony. Our room was huge and even though we faced the street we did not hear any traffic. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was palatial. The room had really high ceilings that made the room seem even larger.
4. The concierge. Ahhhh the concierge. They got us reservations to every restaurant we wanted, some of which were the best in Paris. My husband is a huge foodie and he spent a lot of time speaking with the concierge team about where to eat; the concierge patiently listened, gave advice and gladly made reservations and canceled them when we needed to. Yay concierge for being awesome!
5. The location. Right by the River and the Tuileries Park by the Louvre.
6. Unfortunately when we made the reservation to stay here, we could only get one night because the hotel was completely booked the other nights. When we checked out of the Park Hyatt, the concierge made arrangements for our luggage to be delivered to our next hotel.

Thank you Park Hyatt for great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pur P, Responsable réception at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear NYJanet, What a great review about our hotel! I cannot thank you eough for this. I am very happy you enjoyed our concierge service, and be assured I will share your compliments with the team. I hope we will be able to meet yur expectations again on your next visit to Paris,

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We all know rooms in Europe are smaller than those in the US and other countries. We were expecting that. The service was great. The breakfast down stairs was good, it was just the typical food and depending on who your waitor was determined how much food you would get when you ordered. The room had a faint smell of cigarettes. To most that isn't a problem, but I am allergic to it, so it was bothersome. The location was nice, close to the opera and close enough to the metro.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear codystravelbug,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about our hotel with us. I am sorry about the inconvenience caused in your room, and on your next stay please do feel free to come and see us, we will find another room for you. Your well-being at our hotel is our main priority.
I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I made our fifth trip to Paris and third stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome in March 2013. This Hyatt is an excellent property with superior service! We were upgraded to a suite which was absolutely fantastic. The hotel is centrally located and in the best part of town, We hope to come back to this magnificent place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JackPotomac,
First of all, many thanks for your loyalty to our hotel! I hope this stay with us met your expectations, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is about as close to a perfect hotel experience as one could have - if money is no object or you have a lot of Hyatt points: service is impeccable, rooms are extremely comfortable, buffet breakfast is mindboggling (but costly if one isn't a Hyatt elite of course), location is excellent etc. etc.

So, in sum you get what you pay for and it is hard to imagine a better hotel experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear gic1953,
I am very honoured reading your review, and proud about your comments about our staff. Be assured we will strive even more to provide excellent service on your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was a 4 night stay as part of our honeymoon. We used some points to upgrade to a suite and I think this has to be one of the best value per point upgrades in the Hyatt brand. Additionally upon check in we were further upgraded to an executive suite which was fantastic. The executive suite is very spacious, this is a true suite with fully separated rooms, not a junior suite. This was on the street side of the hotel, and had a (very) small balcony with a nice view towards the Place Vendome column. I found that the street noise was minimal, with the occasional emergency vehicle siren being the only noise with much impact.

The amenities were all of top quality, with chocolate provided on arrival from famed Paris chocolatier Jean-Paul Hévin, Blaise Mautin toiletries and a Nespresso machine available for use in room.

The staff on the whole were excellent and specifically the concierge team provided fantastic service, prior to and during the visit. We stayed at another highly regarded (and much more expensive) Paris property for a couple of nights at the end of the trip and the service from their concierge was not nearly as impressive. There was a problem with one of the restaurant reservations made by the hotel, but I believe it was the error of the restaurant and the concierge was able to arrange an alternative at short notice.

The hotel was happy to store a piece of luggage for us while we travelled around other parts of France before returning to Paris. This was much appreciated and made our travel much easier.

The hotel is very much in the Park Hyatt style, but it has little touches to give it it's own identity. The halls are very peaceful, it reminded me of the Tokyo Park Hyatt in that aspect. We've now stayed at many of the top Hyatt properties worldwide and this is clearly a hotel among the very top two or three. It is expensive, but in the context of luxury hotels in Paris I think it is quite reasonable value. I hope to get to return someday in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear CamW_Sydney,
First of all, congratulations on your wedding! I am very happy you enjoyed your honeymoon trip to Paris and I am very proud our hotel could be part its success. Also, thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt Gold Passport program, I am sure you will enjoy all that Hyatt has to offer in your next stays in our properties.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the future,
Sincerely, and again congratulations,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

all in all great location, excellent service, super efficient valet parking. the deluxe room was well appointed and the open shower very nice. will definetly stay here again on our next travels to paris

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear pbr69,
A big thank you for such a positive review, and for your loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm Regards from Paris,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a Diamond member, my mom and daughters & I stayed in a Prestige Suite from March 13-17.The staff is well trained and kind, bending over backwards to assist in anyway they could. Marc-Antoine and Melanie are fantastic and excellent at what they do! Really terrific!!
The breakfast is terrific and our wait staff at our table (the same all 4 days) remembered our order...how we liked our eggs, what juice we ordered, coffee or tea. Olivier and Ariel were great! The one morning we had room service the young man that delivered the cart and picked it up when we were finished was great too! I wish I could remember his name!
Turn down service was such a nice touch and the lovely Indian gentleman we had was so kind...even propping up my daughters stuffed animal in cute poses each night.
This property is a splurge but the location is great (right by the Opera Metro stop) and the staff is incredible! The rooms are clean and luxurious. Black out shutters. Blaise Mautin bath products. The aroma in the hotel and the roooms is dreamy!
My only complaint is that there weren't very many outlets in the room to plug in IPhones and the like.

I can not wait to return with my husband for our 25th wedding anniversary.
I know the hotel and staff will welcome us as we are old friends!
See you soon, Park Hyatt!

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor. So quiet! Dormer windows with lots of character but not alot of head room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear caldwell4az,
Thanks a million for such a detailed review, and for your compliments about Olivier and Ariel. They will be pleased to read your comments!
I am glad to read you enjoyed the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme experience and look forward to welcoming you again soon.