Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
2,571 results
All reviewsrue de la paixblaise mautinpark suitediamond memberconcierge deskhigh end shoppingluxury hotelbeautiful hotelnespresso machinethe ritzrain showersteam roombottle of champagnefour seasonsopera housethe entire staffdeluxe room
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I will get the bad stuff out of the way first. I found a bug in my salad. Granted we were sitting outside on the dining terrace, however, I am convinced, based on the location of the bug in my salad and the way it was covered in dressing, it didn't just land in my salad, it hitched a ride from the kitchen. At any rate, they very swiftly removed the salad and brought me a new one.

Staff was extremely apologetic, and explanatory about the cleanliness of the kitchen. But, they never offered to adjust the bill (which was extremely high in the first place), nor did a manager ever come over and acknowledge the situation.

Coincidentally enough, upon our return home, there was a raging discussion on our neighborhood listserv. It seems some of my neighbors had gone to a downtown Washington, DC restaurant, and dined alfresco. During the course of dinner, they were visited by 2 rats. The diners felt it was the responsibility of the restaurant to insure such a thing did not occur. Some neighbors agreed, Some felt like if you eat outside, you should expect incidents to occur from time to time. A bug certainly doesn't rise to the level of rats, but, I am of the opinion that you should not experience bugs, or rodents in a 5++++ Star hotel restaurant, whether you are eating outside or not.

Having said that, I will also say that when you check into a hotel like Paris Park Hyatt Vendome (PHV), you check in, having made a pact that you will pay outrageously, but, in exchange, you will have a very memorable experience--that everything will be executed flawlessly, and that you will be treated like a VIP. This is why we check into a place like this, and not a "standard, run of the mill hotel". PHV delivered on the promise for the most part. Absolutely beautiful hotel. Absolutely excellent service. Upon arrival, there is no doubt you have set foot in a place where the rich, powerful and beautiful gather--I think we are at least beautiful!!!

We were personally escorted to our 3rd floor corner suite (which I think in Europe is actually 4th floor), by a beautiful young manager. She gave a swift tour of the suite and all its amenities, including the very high-tech Toto toilet system which takes care of everything for you!!! Shortly after she left, a bottle of champagne arrived on a table with additional ice buckets. The suite was outstanding. We have had larger, but, none better decorated and appointed. I would describe the style as French Art Deco. There is wood everywhere, and, for lack of a better term, gilding throughout. It seems like it would be a bit over the top, but, we found it to be modern, and elegant. All the doorknobs, sconces, and fixtures were of the same motiff, that of a deco tortured soul.

There was a full bath and a half-bath in the foyer, and 2 balconies overlooking the Place Vendome--one from the living room, the other in the bedroom. There was also a fireplace. The main bathroom was nearly as large as the suite itself. I was so impressed with the layout that I took pictures of it to duplicate when we renovate our own bath--a sink in the shower, the raised bath immediately next to the shower, double sinks with seating, wardrobes, separate WC, pocket doors, running floor to ceiling. Just beautiful. Window dressing was motorized, so flip a switch to let the light in, or block out the sunlight. 2 great big 50-inch HDTVs. All materials and finishes were top shelf, and well serviced.

The service was very good. We did complain about a stickiness on the floor in the bathroom--they took care of it immediately. We also had a standing order for replenishment of our ice source, which they accommodated very nicely--we are, after all, Americans, and we like ice. The concierge was absolutely outstanding, doing dinner reservations, making recommendations for us on logistics, sending us to the best sushi location, etc.

We actually never ate in the restaurant, but, it seemed to be well liked. We did eat in the lounge area, and it was very nice--service impeccable. (You have to be beautiful to work in this hotel, also).

The location is supreme--close to most major attractions, transportation, shopping, but, turned-in enough to be a quiet, retreat when necessary.

Room Tip: People seem to be obsessed with quietness...we had a suite on the street, and were very happy about that. We could sit on the balcony and watch Paris, the people, and it was still very quiet when we closed the windows--which is how they were most of the time anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigger32
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Never had this happen at a hotel before. On my last day, I informed the guys who hang by the front door that I would be back around 3:00 pm to pick up my luggage (which I had left in the "luggage room") and my car (which had been valet parked by them 3 days earlier somewhere off-site). I didn't tell them my name or give them the ticket for my car as I expected to do that when I returned to the hotel later that day. When I returned at 2:45, my car was parked out front and my luggage was in the trunk! And this was on a busy Paris street. Wow. Now that's service. Oh, and the hotel is lovely too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in late August and had a wonderful stay. The rooms are luxurious, but also super functional. There were tons of little extras that made the room amazing. The bathroom had an automatic Toto toilet and the shower had a built in wet sauna. The staff was amazing, and all of our requests were taken care of very quickly. The hotel is expensive, but you get what you pay for here. The location is amazing, close to many sites, amazing shopping, & the metro. We had breakfast in the hotel each morning and the service & food quality were outstanding.

The only negative was the A/C wasn't that powerful. Our room wouldn't get any colder than the mid-70s.

We hated to leave the hotel after 3 nights, and can't wait to return. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome in July for 3 nights. The hotel is close to Place Vendome and the Paris Opera, and not a far walk at all to the Louvre. The closest metro stop is Opera, which can take you to any other part of Paris. Coming from CDG, we took the Roissy bus, which dropped us off at Opera, and we walked the 7 minutes to the hotel.

My family received an excellent Park Queen room facing Rue de la Paix. Check-in was very smooth, and we were shown to our room quickly. The entire hotel is bathed in a perfume, which definitely takes some getting used to, but elegant at the same time. The room was a decent size and had a very comfortable queen bed, a small desk area, LCD TV, wardrobe with automatic-closing drapes, and a small step-out balcony. There was a Nespresso machine, and our two complimentary bottles of Evian water were replenished each day. Although facing the street, we were not disturbed by any street noise. The bathroom was quite impressive, with a spacious sink, soaking tub, semi-enclosed shower with its own sink, and separate water closet. Several toiletries were available, including a dental kit with toothbrush and toothpaste for those who may have forgotten them.

A crib for our infant was brought up quickly, along with a baby bathtub, toilet, bottle warmer, and baby's very own toiletries kit. The hotel definitely goes over and beyond to make our baby (and therefore us) feel welcome.

We had breakfast in the downstairs lobby area as well as room service. Both were delicious and very well done. The breakfast in the lobby had an amazing spread with several items. Everything was very fresh and the pastries were delectable. Our server was also very kind and quickly brought a high chair for our son. Room service was delivered on time on the mornings when we ordered it, and the meal was presented nicely.

The hotel also has a spa and fitness center in the basement. It didn't seem like too many people utilized this facility, but we enjoyed coming down here to unwind after a busy day of sight-seeing. The hot tub was large and even had a screen to display movies. Locker rooms and massage rooms were available, though we didn't purchase any massage services.

Overall, amazing hotel in a great area. Will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

All the previous reviews are well justified. Particular praise for Sebastian the concierge but frankly,overall service in all aspects was world class. Rooms are quite good for Paris, location is spectacular, and breakfast buffet perfect way to start the day. I felt from the moment we arrived the staff was genuinely interested in making sure we had a stay that exceeded expectations. Mission accomplished!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family