“Met all our needs for short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Eiffel Segur

Hotel Eiffel Segur
Ranked #615 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Dublin
“Met all our needs for short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were delighted with our choice for a one-night stay in Paris for a convention. The cost was the lowest we found, around €70 for the room for 2, a price not easy to find in Paris in June.

We did not need breakfast, which costs €10 per person. This hotel is very conveniently located, within walking distance of the Metro at Segur or Cambronne, and just a couple of stops from the RER train line at Javel.

The staff were exceptionally helpful. Wi-Fi was free, with a good connection.

The narrow, 5-storey building is old, but they have made a feature of the old wooden floors and stairs. It was spotlessly clean. Rooms had a kettle with the usual hospitality tray, but no frig. Bathroom big enough, with shower and hairdryer. There was a 32" flatscreen TV on the wall including SKY, CNN and BBC World Service and a phone from which international calls could be made.

On the negative side, the reception area is small - not a place to meet friends - and our room was very cramped. Two single beds, two straight backed chairs, a shelf for the kettle etc. would barely give enough space to open a netbook or tablet for work, and two small shelves beside each bed.

There is a neat built in wardrobe but travellers with large suitcases would find it hard to know where to put them.

Something to note is that the small 4-person elevator stops between floors, which means you have to either climb up or down half a dozen or more steps on a winding wooden staircase, with your luggage!

Our room was at the back of the building with its small window looking onto the back of nearby buildings, and this made it very quiet. The beds were excellent, and we had a most comfortable night and would highly recommend it for a short low-cost stay. We were invited to leave our travel bag at Reception on the day of checking out, to be collected later, but we did not need to avail of this.

There are loads of restaurants on the same Boulevard and in the general area.

Hotel Eiffel Segur is part of the Best Western chain, and with its personal attention to guests, despite the lack of special faciilities, this was a much better option for us than the very large impersonal Novotel quite near, where we stayed when in Paris a few months ago for another conference.

Room Tip: We had 41 at the back, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rita o, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eiffel Segur, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We hope to see you again.
thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I don't require a lot of space or an American style hotel, nor am I a fastidious housekeeper but this place is cramped and filthy! The floor is swept, not vacuumed leaving all kinds of stuff in the cracks between the floorboards. Thick mats of dust covering the radiator and baseboards were disgusting and triggered my allergies. The coverlet on the bed had hair of several origins on it. Black mold in the shower! Towels not changed, just refolded and hung back up. Food residue on the tiny desk, at least I think it was food. The room was hot but it was too noisy outside to have the window open, and the designated smoking area was on the street under our window. The stairs and the lobby area were similarly dirty. Never Stay here!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Eiffel Segur, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We apologize for not having been able to fill your expectations.
We consider your comments, because we always want to improve.
Best Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

After reading a couple of reviews here on trip advisor. I booked this hotel not expecting much about it. I thought it would be just a decent hotel to sleep in. Surprisingly it was more that I expected. We were greeted warmly by a friendly staff Nicolas and checked us in promptly. Since we were travelling with a baby he gave us a room close to the lobby. It was quite convenient. Then he gave us clear directions to an ATM machine close by and the Eiffel tower. Overall the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I remember the next day I had to make an international call to confirm our booking for a tour and Ricky was going out of his way to make that phonecall possible. Excellent service guys! Anyhow the room was good. It's got everything we needed. The bed was quite comfortable. I remember sleeping really well on it. Clean,decent room but a bit small. Oh well what can you expect? Rooms in Europe are normally small in general. Plus we were out most of the time so it didn't really bother us. What really got us sold was the great location! It was close to everything....restaurants, tourist attractions, convenient store. It was just a straight walk (accross the hotel) to Napoleaon's Tomb and a 15 minute walk to the famous Eiffel Tower. Very close also to 2 train stations (Cambronne & Motte Piquet). Cambronne is the closest and it takes you to central Paris. I'm so glad I stayed in this hotel. We had a lovely stay and I will surely recommend it to everyone. Thanks to Ricky and Nicolas for all the help and recommendations. Most of all for being so hospitable. We appreciate the wonderful service big time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Millers1982
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eiffel Segur, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

never again! the only positive thing with this hotel was location - near Cambronne metro station, close both to Montparnasse and Eiffel area. Check-in was dissappointing - myself had to fill manually a detailed form with name address, card details etc instead if just printing out all this from my booking request. But the room was even worse - beware of rooms in the basement - really! I stayed in Paris hotels many times and pretty aware rooms are not spacious but this was something special. Small, with a window more like a gun-slot, cold and damp because sun never comes there and noisy. But to stay fair would say it was relatively clean. After all they charged myself 230 euros per night for this. Awful experience! So was the check-out - the staff could hardly deal with a card issued abroad. Can say nothing about the breakfast - never tried it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We apologize for not having been able to fill your expectations. We are doing our best to give to all our customers a nice experience. However, we want to make some precisions. We have no rooms in the basement but in the Patio. We have to ask for some information upon check-in because we have to (this is a legal obligation). And last thing, our rates are on the average for 3stars parisian hotels (On very busy periods, our rates are more expensive but very cheap compare to Parisian 4 star hotels).
Best regards.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed a couple places in Paris, always fairly cheap, and this was my favorite. Hotel is in a nice area right by the Hotel de les Invalides, and a fairly close walk to the Eiffel Tower, there are several nice boulangeries and grocers right across the street. I had a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower and down a lovely street with the Hotel de les Invalides, I was on the top floor, which I would recommend requesting. Nice, traditional Parisian hotel breakfast, close to the Segur metro stop, and all around my favorite area I've stayed at in Paris, I would recommend this and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shale J
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eiffel Segur, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We thank you for your comment. We are happy you had a nice stay in Paris. We will be pleased to welcome you back at the hotel on another occasion.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked at last minute for my birthday weekend and really was not expecting much for the price: just somewhere to leave luggage and sleep.

After being checked in by the friendly female staff member, I was really surprised by the beautiful courtyard and décor. The room on the ground floor was a good size and very clean and comfortable. The whole feel of it was great. I was so pleased to be there.

I didn't mind not having a wardrobe/drawers as am quite happy living out of a suitcase. Not sure the A/C was working, but it wasn't needed.

The hotel was quiet and so quirky. Had a wander around the breakfast room, but didn't take breakfast; too much to see in Paris!

It's right near 2 metro stations (Cambronne and Ségur) and a short walk to the Eiffel Tower, through really lovely residential areas. Also a very short walk away is Rue de Grenelle, which is a great area with shops, cafés, cashpoints and a Starbucks! Monoprix was a good find also!

I booked the train back home a bit too late really, but the hotel staff were more than happy to let us leave our luggage. I was a bit worried as I had all my presents and my laptop, but it was all safe. When we got back to pick up the luggage, we were allowed to freshen up for the journey back home and we asked for the easiest way to get back to Gare du Nord. The very friendly male staff member was ever so helpful and genuine.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniel A
Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are very happy you had a nice stay in Paris and at the hotel Eiffel Segur.Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband andi stayed here in May 2013 for our second honeymoon. For the price, this hotel is outstanding. Our flight got us into Paris at 7am. The man at the front desk happily took our bags and told us he would have our room ready at noon, far in advance of the listed check-in time. The room was cozy, exceptionally clean and with every modern need. The Metro is steps away and we were ble to walk to the Eiffel tower and see Napolean's tomb nearby. Excellent service, quiet location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poinkkittie18
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eiffel Segur, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We thank you for your comment. We are very happy you had a nice stay in Paris and in our Hotel. We hope we can soon welcome you again to the hotel Eiffel Segur.
Best regards,