Hotel Saint-Louis Saintonge
$512
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsquiet streetle maraissmall hotelmarais areastreet sidehelpful with directionsthe nearest metro stationsmall elevatorrestaurants and shopssuperior roomtourist attractionsbuffet breakfaststayed here for nightsluggageversaillestaxiskettle
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was awful. The bathroom had mold and there was even an entire tile missing with a huge hole in the floor in the shower. The wallpaper was coming off the wall. We had to stay here for 2 nights and it was the worst part of our entire trip. We stayed in room 15, which thankfully was on the 2nd floor, because I wouldn't trust the elevator. I expected a small room, but the pictures were completely deceiving. To be fair, our room was somewhat quiet. Total disappointment!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erica C
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Apart from the room being very small (usual for Paris!) it was dark, damp smelling, not cleaned properly, and the shower & toilet were gross. It was so noisy - my husband banged on neighbours doors asking them to be quiet at 3am. I think this hotel accommadates workers apart from guests and it was these who done all the shouting. The lift should be banned - it shook and banged and I felt very unsafe in it. WiFi & mobile phones didn't work in the rooms - connection was only available in reception. We had to wait for someone to book us in and then they got the names wrong and said we didnt have a booking! We didn't stop for breakfast, I couldn't face being in the place any longer. Thank goodness it was only for one night, we definately would have booked out and found somewhere else to stay,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnnaGMc
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, we changed our booking to this this hotel as I wanted to stay in the Marais. Photos are totally deceptive; rooms claustrophobic and even though we had a courtyard room and the sun was beaming we just had a dirty grey light in our room. The bathroom was rank dirty with mould, door handles in shower and toilet were dirty and carpets filthy. The shower head wall fixing was broken. Now I don’t mind wear and tear but no excuse for not cleaning adequately. The hotel was billed as wi fi in all rooms (reason why I booked) but only has wi fi in the small reception, also did I mention no mobile signal AT ALL in the hotel!!!! The reception staff on Friday and Saturday were very unhelpful. When asked about wi fi said he would talk to the technician.
No information in hotel room, did not have a number for reception to call out (no mobile signal)
Yes it was central and it is Paris BUT this is not an excuse for those simple things that could be put to right very easily. They just don’t care enough. This is what makes this hotel a bad choice. I would suggest to avoid this one until they get their act together.
For all the above we paid 360 for three nights stay with no breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nkk0000
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was small and dark (no window). It felt damp. The shower was broken in the bathroom and worst of all the wifi did not work. The room was cleaned on daily basis but the maid was very careless with my possessions which I didn't appreciate. I was very disappointed and felt deceived as this hotel is described as 3* but it is far below the mark for 3 stars.

I would never recommend this hotel to anybody and would like to warn everyone against staying there.

Room Tip: I suppose there are some rooms with windows so it might be important to request one. I made my reservation through www.booking.com which didn't specify whether my room would have a window or not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank FranKublik
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here in the weekend of 6 july 2012. The hotel rooms are not the prettiest and are a bit outdated. Ofcourse the room was small, its Paris!?

However, the room was clean and the bed was good and the shower was spacious. The Hotel is very well located in the Marais. I also did not really like that the window came out on a small corridor, where people could pass by and could come in, however this is not different in many other hotels (taken into account that not many people will have such intent, especially since it would only concern other hotel guests and not people from the street).
Overall I think that the hotel offers what you are paying for. Since I have stayed in many hotels in Paris, I would say that this does not differ from many other hotels. I you want luxury or at least a modern hotel room, prices will vary between EUR 300 and EUR 500. For EUR 112 a night you can stay in Hotel Saintonge, I would consider staying here again since its cheap and pretty much ok.

I would recommend it to other people, but please dont have high expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple