“El Guacamole - An Excellent Family Run Restaurant!”
Review of El Guacamole

El Guacamole
Ranked #4,125 of 17,597 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed December 1, 2012

El Guacamole was right next to our B&B and was our first stop once we got to Paris. We dumped our bags, walked outside and decided to pop into El Guacamole. We loved it. The owner speaks English and used to live/work in L.A. I’m not a connoisseur of Mexican food so I can’t break down all the meals in fine detail but the restaurant, while small, was clean, the food was outstanding, the service was prompt and the employees were all very friendly. If you’re looking for a quick bite, try this restaurant, you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank SP6873

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

As other reviewers have mentioned, the guac was superb while the queso was so-so. All of the ingredients were fresh and we watched the chefs prepare everything from scratch

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place is really great. You can get 3 tacos and a soft drink for 10€! The home-made guacamole is absolutely delicious, I really recommend it. I just wish they had more vegetarian taco options.

1  Thank Hettie28
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The tacos in general are ok. I LOVED the tacos of carne asada, they are the best I ever tasted in Paris, and the sauces are also great, specially the green one that's really really hot! On the contrary, the nachos were bad... the tortillas were definately old. I've eaten a lot of nachos and I can tell when the tortillas are not good and they weren't. Besides, the cheese was not great. Another thing is that the service is bad and slow... very slow... don't get me wrong, the waitress is nice but we waited a lot and we got our order wrong.

1  Thank voyageurpar
Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you want to enjoy some true mexican food and not the "untraditional fajitas", El Guacamole is a place to consider. It's fresh and made in the kitchen by a Mexican cook.
Nevertheless, it's very very very slow even when the place is not crowdy. 45 minutes to get a coke or a beer, I let you imagine the time to get a burrito. That's the dark side of getting a very small but traditional kitchen.
Service is slow as said, but friendly and speaking English, French and of course Spanish!

1  Thank GGB27