“Fun but Average”

and up
Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles"® Dinner and Show
Ranked #20 of 259 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Paris thrills here! Come experience the exceptional with Paris Merveilles, a breathtaking show on none other than the most beautiful avenue in the world: the Champs-Elysées. Featuring graceful choreographies, fascinating artists and technical prowess, this spectacular show is a true ode to the City of Lights. Follow the sublime Blubell Girls, dressed in their most beautiful feathers and sparkling with a thousand lights, as they invite you to dream with your eyes open and immerse yourself in this cabaret of a whole new kind.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Lido show was just OK. Coming from the States we have so many better shows in Las Vegas that this seems very average but the Moulin Rouge was worse. It was something different to do for an evening but the show was very slow and the performers were just average. We didn't do dinner but I'm glad we didn't it was very expensive and didn't look all that great. I would skip this next time and only recommend it if you haven't been to Broadway or Vegas.

1  Thank Tricia S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,981)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
in 23 reviews
in 20 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Prior to going to this show we browsed through the reviews and decided to go anyway - on average the reviews were not that great, but we had nothing else to do on Sunday night. We called American Express Concierge and asked to make a reservation for us about 2 hours before the start of the show. This was done in timely manner and we went for the Bonheur show and champagne on Sunday night at 21:30.
We got the table for two on the 3rd row, not very central, but we were moved to a better seat just before the show started.
We also ordered some fois gras and smoked salmon to accompany our champagne. This was the only place in Paris during this trip where our bread was served lightly toasted and very warm.
The show definitely exceeded our expectation - especially the technical part and the costumes. There were some hiccups through the performance, but thy were hardly noticeable as the show was quite spectacular.
I read in some reviews that people did not like that there was "no story" - perhaps they have no idea of what the variety show should be - it is not a musical and there should not be any " story"
I would highly recommend to attend to anyone who likes grand performances and variety shows. The duration of the show itself is 2 hours

1  Thank Natalie V
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A friend who lives in Paris wanted us to experience the famous Paris Cabaret while we were visiting.
There was a large group of us, the meal was average, and I think expensive, although we were being paid for as a present by our host. Our waiter was in training but was friendly and efficient enough. We'd asked for coffee at the end of the meal, but we were pushed out to make way for the next sitting before it arrived.
The show/costumes were spectacular, but if you're looking for a theme, there wasn't one. I wouldn't say there was dancing as such, just beautiful, beautifully dressed young ladies parading about.
The worst thing was I'd made the effort to dress up in skirt and tights, and within a few minutes of sitting down my ankles were itching terribly. When I undressed that night and looked, I had a number of red itchy lumps. I very much doubt they were mosquito bites in Paris in the winter and can only think they were flea bites from the carpet. The other ladies in our party either had trousers or boots, and so were not bothered. Unless they have had the carpet replaced/treated, I'd suggest either insect repellent, or boots.
No photography was allowed. Not sure about wheelchair access

1  Thank LouisaLimassol
Reviewed January 17, 2013

it is classy and amazing. what these people are doing and the timing they have, made them one of the greatest shows in the history

2  Thank buzzonline