“The best venue ,other than Glasgow barrowlands,for a music gig”
Review of Le Bataclan

Le Bataclan
Ranked #376 of 1,244 things to do in Paris
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Me and my two friends went to see
Paul Weller on 13/06/2012
We had a great time .what a cool intimate venue.
Cafe/bar next door was also first class ,
Service 10 out of10 ,people so friendly .
Can't wait for next gig in le Bataclan ,
Harky Glasgow

3  Thank Harky13

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Location and very pleasant atmosphere ! Very intimist... I like it !

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Been to a few shows there
Have always enjoyed the general ambiance

1  Thank GEORGEDORLY
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We had the opportunity to see the fantastic Jill Scott while in Paris this month. Her show was amazing - blew us away. However, we nearly walked out before the show started.

- Le Bataclan was terribly hot and steamy even with frigid weather outside. We are actually feeling faint. Even the performers commented on it.
- We waited TWO HOURS after an hour of standing in line outside for the show to start. The floor is standing room only and the balcony seating is open so you have to be there very early to get a seat. They even let people sit in the aisles - Very Dangerous!
- They played incredibly boring dub/rap music the entire time we were waiting, and then had a VERY lame DJ play more of the stuff, but at ear splitting levels. Thank GOD he was only on a half-hour. THEN we had to sit and wait while the staff took apart his DJ setup one wire and one piece at a time instead of carrying off the table in one piece. The audience was whistling and hooting and was ready to riot by the time the main show started.
- The SOUND was HORRIBLE! I am an audio engineer and I could hardly stand it. If it were anyone other than Jill we would have walked out, after I punched out the idiot mixer who is surely deaf. The subs were so loud they actually vibrated our clothing and drowned out the fantastic band, and the overall mix was so blistering and distorted I had to make earplugs from a napkin I had in my pocket to stop my ears from ringing. I am sure that hundreds had their hearing permanently damaged that night.

I will NEVER go to le Bataclan again unless someone I know is doing the sound, and never during the warm season.

9  Thank JonfromLA
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Saw Madeleine Peyroux here last night. She was excellent, but the (name unknown) support act was truly awful! The venue is ideal for music, with good lighting and excellent sound. Although it appears shabby, in fact it is comfortable and quite atmospheric. Recommended.

1  Thank Lazynights