“Begin your 1st visit to Paris with Black Paris Tours!”

Ricki Stevenson's Black Paris Tours
Ranked #69 of 525 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A walking-public/city bus tour that takes you to the Paris haunts, hangouts and places made famous by African-Americans. Founded in 1997 by former newscaster and travel reporter, Ricki Stevenson, Black Paris Tours provides little-known facts about the early presence of Africans and African Americans in the City of Light and introduces travelers to great jazz clubs, Diaspora museums of interest and restaurants worth writing home about!
Anaheim, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Begin your 1st visit to Paris with Black Paris Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my 1st trip to France and Nawo made me feel at home right away. I knew that there was a connection between Black American history and France, but the depth of our experience and achievements here blew my mind. Armed with this new information, I became connected to Paris immediately. Nawo was very engaging, professional and knowledgeable! She showed us where to go for all of our needs and made us love Paris right from the start. I highly recommend this tour!!!!

Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Black Paris tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took this tour when I went to Paris Aug 16,2013 It was a magical experience Mrs Ricki told us stories as tho she was their, She went into so many details I learn so much in that day tour then I had learned in a history class. She suggested place to eat and party .. She showed us how to ride public transportation . The best part was when we went to Little Africa we shop at the flee market it was wonderful to see so many black people happy. We also had something to eat the food was great . I wish she had a tape or something of her tour because it was something I wanted to listen to or do again because i could not hold all of the information that she gave us.
Thank you for the experience keep up the good job
Orange Rose Berkeley , Ca

2 Thank Orange R
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty Empowering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went on the tour after seeing most of the city a few days prior and I must say it added a lot of meaning to the city for me. As a Howard grad immersed in the corporate world, it felt good to connect with some people that shared my history and taught me more than I knew. Great tour and restaurant advice from Ricki and her colleague Marcus. - Michael

1 Thank Michael T
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tres Bien!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Bonjour,

My trip to Paris was very exciting. As a child I have always envisioned traveling to Paris, France and learning about fashion and their culture .However, The Black Paris Tour gave me knowledge and direction of the city and its history. Our tour guide Nawo was well informed and I was grateful for the time and knowledge she shared. I highly recommend everyone to take this tour. This is not just a tour for picture taking, this is the life and history of Parisians.

Freda Atlanta, Ga.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Freda M
Stone Mountain, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BPT - Awesome Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

BPT - Awesome Tour!

Wow what a fantastic tour! Black Paris Tour is definitely a must for anyone who wants to know more about the contributions of African Americans in Paris. My niece and I took this tour on our second day in Paris and I am glad we did. I recommend people take this tour at the beginning of your trip because you get a great perspective of the city which can help you later on during your stay. Our tour guide Nawo went out of her way to make sure our thirst for knowledge and needs were met. The tour was an experience we will never forget. Since I returned home, I have been telling everyone about this tour and I highly recommend it. The tips we received from Ricki prior to the tour were very helpful as well. BPT – Educational, motivational and inspiring. Tres Magnifique!!

Portia Griffin