“Thanks for a great experience!”

Ricki Stevenson's Black Paris Tours
Ranked #96 of 574 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A walking-public/city bus tour that takes you to the Paris haunts, hangouts and places made famous by African-Americans. Founded in 1997 by former newscaster and travel reporter, Ricki Stevenson, Black Paris Tours provides little-known facts about the early presence of Africans and African Americans in the City of Light and introduces travelers to great jazz clubs, Diaspora museums of interest and restaurants worth writing home about!
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I were so glad that we took the BPT. It was truly eye-opening and we were fortunate to spend time with both Ricki and Nawo. Although this was my 4th visit (my family's first) to Paris, I had never seen Paris through this "lens". Wow, how rich! I would truly recommend this for not just African Americans but all people as the BPT provides a broader frame of reference and, I believe, a more complete picture of this lovely city. Go!

3  Thank swelch1184
"walking tour"
in 24 reviews
"history lesson"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 18 reviews
in 6 reviews
"cultural experience"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 3, 2013

You'll be in AWE, BPT, provided us sooo much history and knowledge on things I would never have known. Ricki Stevenson, is amazing, when she leads the tour,and the Parisians see her coming, they welcome her with Big open arms, smiles and professional praise, and presence is what she displays and it's reciprocated, the time she gave us was bar none!
Be ready to spend the Whole day touring by bus, metro, and walking,because you will get a taste of all of Paris, it was worth every Euro. She knows her history of famous blacks,and the triumph true stories, of their successes, and failures. It's inspiring and we are glad we took the tour,
I heard about Black Paris Tours, on the morning Radio station, listening to The Steve Harvey Morning Show, that was in April. My plans were to visit France was the last week in June.
And our last day, in Paris was with Ricki Stevenson, I recommend, before you spend your money on the touristee shopping sprees at Galeries Lafayette. You will have more Bang for your buck, if you go on the tour with BPT. We had so much fun shopping, and saving so much more money that I wish I went with the tour the beginning of our trip, instead of the last day.
But you don't know until you know!... now you know. Going with BPT, I bought the best gifts, souvenirs, and things for myself that we're great bargains. ( we all love Bargains,)
It was fun, and fabulous, the food was The Bomb, we had African Cuisine, simply delicious.
I'll end with a Very Impressive Tour.
Many thanks and many memories to behold.

4  Thank Browntwin1
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not only is this an African-American tour but it is a tour to also acclimate you to the city of Paris.
Ms. Stevenson was not available on this tour but her replacement Nawo Crawford was very knowledgeable and informative from beginning to end, in regards to how African-Americans came to Paris and the contributions they made to Parisian society and to the world. The tour covers a whole plethora of African-American accomplishments and there are plenty of sites to visit. Also I should mention that the meal at the end of the tour should not be missed. Thank you Nawo.

2  Thank Randy G
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Amazing tour! Tour taught us so many things and Nawo was an amazing Tour Guide. If you have the opportunity to take this tour - don't hesitate! Nawo even went above and beyond to make sure our travel arangments we set for the next day and answered non-stop questions with a huge smile. I would do thi tour again! Thank you for enlighting us to so many new and exciting facts out the history of black in Paris!

2  Thank KCrochett
See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Above and beyond anything else, the information I received from this tour helped me to understand the culture of Paris; the flavor of the city. It was a wonderful overview. Yes, I was able to hear the history of blacks in Paris, their contributions to the country and even understand their reasons for staying but the added benefit for me on this short stay was to get a crash course in the 'culture' of a people. This tour in many ways was more beneficial than the standard bus tour (which I took the day before). Black Paris Tours was intimate and multifaceted. It included walking, the bus, the Metro, purchasing, engaging with Parisians and of course, eating!
Ricki, I wish you continued growth and success! We miss you in The Bay!

2  Thank 999Dominique