“fine for one time visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Discotheque Le Duplex
Ranked #240 of 422 Nightlife in Paris
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“fine for one time visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me and my friends had our New Year eve dinner and following club experience here.It is good that they have halls with different music. But after an hour it is just the same music from beginning. Too crowdy. I suppoe it was because of the holiday. Very average,

Visited January 2012
2 Thank sosyetik

• Greek first
Siena, Italy
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“If you manage to get in, it will be worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Personally, I don't agree with the comments left. Though, I must admit that the selection at the entrance is COMPLETELY REASONLESS. We were six girls, some of us wore jeans and Converse, I wore DrMartens, however they let us go in, unlike many other people, even who wore elegant clothes! This is a big inconvenience to be taken in account, but once you're in, believe me, IT"S WORTH IT. The place is spacious, 3 rooms with different music, photographers, lot of people (one of the most famous discos in Paris). I went on saturday 20oct and in the room downstairs there was a female DJ, Oriska, she was absolutely great! One of the best performance ever, terrific remixes!
Just remind you of that:
1) if you look for a disco with particular music (techno, drum'n'bass..), try an other one. this is one of the most joined clubs of Paris and this means that there are people of any age (18+) and that the music is rather commercial and easy (main room in particular), as it has to be ssuitable for everybody.
2) ALWAYS take your ID card with you (my friends had it and got in, I forgot it and had to go back home, get it and come back!)
3) cocktails are terrible, you'd better drink before get in. But don't go queuing with bottles, they will throw it away (as my Heineken)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank berenice1618
Istanbul
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chic place for youngers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The place has 2 floors; 1 is for house, techno music and the other is for rap and reggae.
Young people btw 18-25 years old seem to prefer this place. There was not a lot French people when we went there. And we didn't have fun much. The dance floor is big, but they fill it with disco smoke , and nobody can see each other.
Entrance is around 20euros incl 1 drink.
The worst things about the place is the music which we couldn't go wild and the barmaids who doesn't know anything about alchocol. They don't have mojito, caipirinha something like that!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank sensibelle
Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

They make a "selection" of people to get it. First time I went there they expelled me when it was my time to get in. I was with 3 other friends, well dressed etc. And they just took us out of the line. We asked why and the staff said they didn't know why. Second time I went there, we were 5 (2 men and 3 girls) and they blocked two of my friends giving the same excuse. And the third time we were there with like 7 people they just blocked ONE of SEVEN, so I decided to give my testimony here. They have no criterion for letting the people in.

Visited January 2012
5 Thank Perycles
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE...Worst Experience EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Do not attempt o go, I went with my husband, bestfrien and her husband. We were told there was no VIP line although there were 2 lines. We were pointed to stand I. One of the 2 lines. After standing line we noticed that some people were getting turned away ( pretty, dressed nice, young) when we reached the entrance the security asked us how many were with us and said for us to wait. After mi Ute or so another guard said that not tonight for you and directed my friend and I to the right to leave. Once they found out that our husband's who were standing behind us were also with us, they directed them to leave. All the bouncer could say was she said not for you tonight, but NO other explanation. We then stood there to figure out how they determine who gets in this club and later found out that they descriminate with who they want to go in. It wasn't based off of being pretty, what we wore, or even skin color (I don't believe), but I really can not understand why they turn people away, especially foreigners from another country. I DO NOT recommend anyone to attempt to go to this club. These are a bunch of social capitalists, who cares nothing about being in business to make money. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited November 2011