“Very Cheap and Very Cosy”

hotelF1 Paris Porte de Montmartre
Ranked #1,733 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This hotel is good for those on a budget. It's a nice hotel, the room was very clean and cosy. The only thing I didnt like was that the toilets/shoers werent in the room, they are outside along the corridor and is shared. The location as well isnt great as it is located away from the main attractions and there were many homeless people around the hotel. The metro is a 10 minute walk so be prepared if you have heavy luggage. Besides that It was a good hotel. I would definitely recommend it if youre on a tight budget.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Haych21

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Practical hotel for small budget. It has the minimum you need such as clean beds and water. Toilet and bathroom are outside the rooms but they were cleanier than expected. The cek in was in a rush with only one lady to take care of many people, the cek out was fast and they ordered taxi for us. I was in the room 147 and we could not close the window. Overall it was as I expected, just a place to sleep while spending mots of my time in town. The price is a little high for an f1 maybe because it's closer to the city than the other ones.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Much better what I expected! Rooms were clean and nice and room tempature was ok.

WC / bathroom area (which I had nightmares before the trip) were OK! Showers were small private booths, lock on the door, clean, warm water, hairdrier. WC were also small private booths and very clean! I was very surprised, it was OK, for the price you pay.

Location was little "ghetto" but not too bad. Metro is quite far away.

Staff was helpful, althought atleast one staff did not speak english, only few words but we managed with few easy words and hand signs :) The other staff member spoke english fluently.

Independent and budget traveller, OK hotel. Don't expect much and you will be surprised as I was :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank goldenlobelia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

It was better than what we expected. Our lecturers always tell us about how bad this place is and how horrible the toilets are.

But when we were there, it was way better than expected. Rooms were clean, toilets are cute and clean as well. Just that the shower water is kinda funny since you have to keep pressing it for the water to flow out.

Overall is quite interesting. But try to avoid going back to the hotel alone at night. If can take a cab right at the door. It can be very scary and dangerous if you are not careful.

Room Tip: Try to get those room near to the bath room and toilet as it is much more easier. Try to get rooms t...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Staff wasnt too friendly/helpful. Rooms were average, bathrooms and showers were ok, only thing though, there is no soap or sink in the bathroom area...had to go back to the room to wash my hands...but how many other people actually do that? Hmmm... Location...a little "ghetto" but not unsafe as far as i saw. The nearest metro station is about 10 min walking. Breakfast was average. Couldnt get the toasters to work most of the time but that part was maybe just me hehe. Ok if youre on a budget and independent with getting around on your own.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

When we arrived in HotelF1 Porte de Montmartre, the receptionist couldn't speak english or just refuse to speak. I inquired she about the SHARED bathroom (that wasn't mentioned in the reservation) and she answered with another question: "do you want to cancel your reservation?". That's the customer value in F1 hotel.

My wife was threated by the shower cleaner man inside the shower room. He punched her door and told in a loud voice french words. He wanted everybody out of the showers before start the cleaning, then he throw water jet under the door space wetting her feet intending to hurry up her in the WC.

On the last night arround 0:30 we were waked up by 2 staffs including a security, again they were speaking in a loud voice, to collect the payment for the last night and saying that we haven't paied for that night. After a double check on their mobile and a huge constraintment she said the computer system was wrongly showing a "red mark" in my room but my payment was up to date and asked me excuses.

Finelly when paing the expensive parking fee (60 euros for 3 nights), the machine didn't accept my Euro notes giving me more constraintment.

My time in F1 hotel couldn't be more horrible and dislikeful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank kRtUkbR
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The worst hotel ever!
On 23 of April I booked online two nigths in the HotelF1 Porte de Monmartre and I gave my credit card information. On 26 of April When I arrived at the hotel they told me that I hadn´t paid, so I paid again by my debit card. As result I paid two times . I tried to call the hotel but they didn´t give me any email and they said that I only paid one time. I gave all my papers from bank and didn't fix the situation.

Room Tip: formule 1 accor hottels don't go!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family