“Terrific service and food”
Review of La Balancoire - CLOSED

La Balancoire
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: Small bistro located in Montmartre, in the Abbesses / Lepic street area, we offer a seasonal cuisine. The presence of available candy jar and a swing will allow you to return to childhood for a moment.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Plain and simple the best restaurant we visited in Paris. Service was great and the food superb. Well worth a visit, but don't forget to reserv a table.

1  Thank Noretor
There are newer reviews for La Balancoire

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had reserved a table beforehand and this is highly recommendable as the restaurant had to turn away all the customers who didn't have any. We chose the 3 course menu with the mix of different starters and desserts which was a very good choice as they were all super delicious. I took a more traditional steak as a main course and it was superb. My husband chose Jackie Chan steak which didn't quite live up to his expectations as the meat seemed somewhat too chewy. After the dessert and the coffees we also got a complimentary sweet shots which were served in a small and cute jars. The waiter was very kind and super helpful and translated the menu to us. She also recommended us some really nice red wine. The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere altogether. Would definitely recommend this place but remember to reserve a table.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a bit tricky to find the place, but finally we're glad to do it. It is a small and cossy restaurant with friendly staff and good, honest food. Also good prices (rare in Paris).

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate here on our first night in Paris, it was all a bit of a rush to get there as our flight was delayed, but we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. My french sadly is limited but I do try,the staff are fantastic and very kindly explained the menu in English. I will point out that we were the only English speaking patrons in there for the whole time we were there, so I certainly do not feel that it was a tourist trap! We had a lovely passion fruit cocktail as an aperitif then we had fois gras and goats cheese salad to start with, my husband has said the starter is the main dish that stands out for him from our whole trip! For mains we had the onglet of beef and it was cooked to absolute perfection! The reason this review isn't 5 star is because we did have a rather long wait (approx 40 mins) between starter and main course, for desert we shared the lavendar creme brulee, I liked it but my husband didn't, it was too strong a taste for him! We had a lovely bottle of cote du rhone with our meal. I think it was very good value for money, our meal came to 99 Euros which to us seems like an average price for a meal in a city , nevermind Paris. We were also given some delicious free shots a bubblegum one and a caramel one! We would go back here in a flash and will return on our next trip to Paris

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Small place with good vibe. Friendly waiters who speak English and can translate the menu. The food was not worth 5 stars but the dessert was good. We had the 3-course 35 euro menu. The food did not live up to the price. Good, but would not come back.

2  Thank Mehdi N