“Well worth a visit!”

La Balancoire
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: Small bistro located in Montmartre, in the Abbesses / Lepic street area, we offer a seasonal cuisine. The presence of available candy jar and a swing will allow you to return to childhood for a moment.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Amazing find in Montmartre! Everything about La Balancoire is 5 star and would recommend going out of your way to visit. Bags full of character, from the food, the ambiance, the staff we had a fantastic experience here.
After arriving during mid-service we were unable to get a table until a bit later as it was completely full, however the waiter took my name and contact details and called me as soon as a table came available. It was well worth the wait. The menu was imaginative and enticing! Very fairly priced for such quality food. The service was impeccable, both waiters were happy to speak English and explain the menu to us. We were well attended throughout and thoroughly enjoyed the surprise aperitifs.
Make La Balancoire a must visit whilst in Paris as you will not be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for La Balancoire

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This little place was a great experience.
The atmosphere is cosy and homely. There are several quirks to the restaurants that adds to the character.
All the staff were friendly and they could not help you enough.

The prices were cheap for the quality of the food. All courses were interesting and delicious. The barman will give you a little treat before you go, unfortunately for us is was a banana liquer.

This place does not need to be for a special occasion but equally can be. Definitely eat here and definitely book. Several groups had to be turned away on the night.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant is amazing! The ambience, the food, the service, everything was excellent. I live in Paris and this is the best restaurant I have come across since moving over to France. My experience was absolutely lovely and I will definitely be going back. The food is inventive, very tasty and extremely reasonably priced, the service is great and they bent over backwards to get me and my date in even though they were quite clearly crowded and we hadn't made a reservation. The wine was superb and complimented the food perfectly. I'm really glad to have found this place and will be going back very soon...maybe this time with a reservation!

1  Thank Bezza21
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I ate dinner here last night and was very happy. Yet again i was dining alone due to business travel and decided to try somewhere different to my regular 2 or 3 places in Montmartre.

I found the two waiters very welcoming which is important when dining alone. i was offered the cocktail of the day which was a passion-fruit mojito... very refreshing. I went for the mixed starter which was very good. I was concerned that maybe it would be too big for a starter, however it was the perfect size and seeing the individual starters at the tables around me i felt it was quite in proportion and a great way to try more than one thing without breaking the bank.

I opted for the burger for my main (not very french I know... to be fair I felt like a burger so went for it). This is a good quality burger, the meat was well seasoned and cooked just how i ordered it (med-rare), the cheese was gooey, and the bacon salty and crispy and the brioche bun was not overly sweet. I added the onion and tomato that came on the side to the burger to add more texture and a little crunch. What can i say, it was a tasty burger!

I really wanted to try their desserts, but I was just too full, I saw plate after plate of tasty looking treats coming out, but just could not manage, which means i will have to return to try yet more of their delicious wares.

The bill was presented with a shot of vodka flavored with strawberry haribo, this was deliciously sweet and a great way to end my meal.

I shall return soon, I might even bring the wife (if she behaves herself)!

1  Thank Ryan A
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family eat at La Balancoire after a recent rugby international. The food was well presented, well cooked and very enjoyable. The atmosphere and service was excellent. The house wines were well advised and good value. For a great night out, in the tourist area of Montmatre, in an expensive city this was excellent value for money.

1  Thank bobcad