“What a night!!!!”

Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Been to Paris before - so instead of the Tower or the Moulin Rouge - our No.1 spot was La Veraison... having read various reports on trip advisor, we couldn't wait. Booked from Scotland. Arrived safe and sound. We took a taxi which was ~ten euros from the L'Arc de Triomphe. Had a lovely night. Very comfortable. Ulla and Niege (my little snowflake) were great fun. We had a lovely young French couple sitting beside us Julia and Fabienne (both doing really well at Uni!)... John had champagne (well you're not celebrating being 50 every day) - and I had red wine, which was lovely. The atmosphere is great, you can watch Ulla cook - my asparagus starter had an egg in it, it was really good. And I tasted John's ravioli - superb! We both had steak - lovely jubbly - and John had a trio of sorbets and I had a rich chocolate pudding - we staggered to the taxi with hugs and kisses! Brilliant night. It was 33.5 degrees - but we weren't hot as Ulla had put in fans to make sure everyone was comfortable. Back in Bonnie Scotland now - I wish I could bring her over here to make my tea! Love to all - and thank you from John and myself for a brilliant wee night. X

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Where will I start? This is the BEST place to eat. Would like to list all the right adjectives: Exciting, Amazing, Fantastic and Intriguing.
The Food – Perfect, The service – Professional with a smile, the menu – creative, intriguing, The open kitchen and welcoming atmosphere. And yes, At the end I kissed Ulla - the Chef.
We had the Asparagus Gazpacho with white truffle oil for the 1st course. The Taste was refreshing and unique. Then for the main dish I had the Sea Bass with salad and tomato salsa with Thai sauce. The Fish melting in the moth and the Tomatoes completed the feeling with fresh and smooth tastes. My daughter had the Pig meat small baked potatoes and roots and red onions. The meat was tender, well cooked. The dessert took us directly to heaven – tiramisu…Just imagine this: Homemade Ice-cream topped strawberries and Pistachio weep cream.
What else can we say? This was a perfect end to a week in Paris. After this meal, it will take a lot of effort to find something as exciting as Ulla’s SUPER cooking. Also, not to forget the fantastic service by the other member of the team, which made sure we will be able to finish on time and leave to the airport.
I will be back for sure.

1  Thank Ronit55
Reviewed July 18, 2013

....or at least that’s what my wife kept repeating the entire meal.

This dinner has made our top 5 meals... EVER. We started with the asparagus gazpacho with white truffle oil & parmesan crisp (out of this world) and the prawns with mango salsa and guacamole. Really whet the palette for our main dishes of a Thai styled sea bass with tomato tartar and the duck with a mango/peanut sauce and ginger sweet potatoes. We were floored, as the dishes were light yet flavorful and complex.

We never really order dessert but with the intriguing chocolate ganache with HOMEMADE caramel ice-cream and the tiramisu crumble with strawberries, pistachio cream, and orange blossom who could resist?!?! Incredible finish to our meal.

The chef uses in season produce to create her menu, so you are guaranteed the most bountiful flavors. The kitchen is right when you walk in so you get to see the chef in all her glory which is amazing and will make you appreciate the food even more. The attention to detail and the passion that flows from the three astounding women who work there make this place a must do in our opinion.

Yes it was hot, so dress accordingly!

2  Thank bradporis
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Knowing that the owner and cook is very skilled and ambitious, I had quite high expectations. ... and frankly, Ulla and her staff managed to do even better... And not to forget, service with a smile, both are often unfortunately rare in Paris, let alone the combination. The setting might not be spectacular but the restaurant has a nice atmosphere, clean and although relatively small, the table setting is spacious enough.
Our table was in the front part, which gives a nice view on the staff at work: working in a very nice atmosphere... It's refreshing to see a very good restaurant with a respectful chef.. no shouting and cursing.. so it's possible to serve great meals without that. The waitress gave excellent wine suggestions and the meal was just yummie yummie with the absolute highlight the mango-curry sauce with the gamba's.. I think I even ate the bowl. Count on 30-40€ per person for a good meal in a restaurant that absolutely deserves the high ranking on trip advisor. We'll be back!!!

1  Thank Ton K
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Located in a very quiet part of the 15th district, some may say a bit dull. Food was excellent and dishes very well presented. The sea bass was particularly good and beautifully plated-up with colorful veggies. Portions were well balanced for this type of quality cuisine. Service was great, starting from reservation on the phone (they do call back, no worries !). Although it is nice to see the busy and friendly team in the open kitchen, the front part of thé restaurant is too noisy and very smelly. We will pick up the back room next time !

1  Thank phil647