“Ok for a city break”

Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur
Ranked #1,298 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel during a nice city break with my husbant. It is a bit too far form the metro station, but the area is safe and we didin't bother the walking distance. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. We had a plesat stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
parrgparis, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Simona P,
thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.
We hope to see you soon.
Best regards,
The HIPMP team

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My Granddaughter and I visited this hotel for a short break and found the standard of accommodation very disappointing, room needed full refurbishment and the heater in our room not working, we complained but they just put the overhead heating on. Only good side was the breakfast in the morning which was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Jean R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I usually stay at the Holiday inn at St Germain des pres which is more central and a better class of hotel. Chose this hotel because of parking (a very reasonable 19 euros per day) and because of price, cheaper than St Germain des pres but still fairly steep at 199 euros with breakfast. On the plus side, the location is reasonably good with Volontaires metro station about 10 minutes walk away. The area is ok, reasonably quite and safe with a good choice of restaurants and shops on the rue de Vaugirard, if you walk a bit further to Rue Pasteur I recommend L'Epicuriste restaurant just the other side of the place. Breakfast is also good with good buffet including scrambled egg, bacon and sausage. On the downside, I found the staff on reception a bit laid back, couldn't get any room service at 9pm as the kitchen was closed. Was disappointed not to get upgraded to a better room as a platinum member as was given a family room which was a good size but a bit tired around the edges with some dodgy stains on the carpet and a bathroom that really could do with a makeover as the bath was chipped and the tiles pretty grotty, not what I expect from a holiday inn at nearly 200 euros per night. Don't think I will rush to come back here again unless nothing else available.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear maisymooo,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just down the road from the station and perfect for an overnight before an early train from Montparnasse. Clean comfortable and helpful. Very good for what it is. It is right next to Gaite metro station, and although quite a busy road, didnt hear a thing. If you are exiting from Montparnasse metro this has numerous exits, and you want to follow signs and go out through the mainline station.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnPasteur, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Ranelaghandback,
we want to inform you that your comment posted on our page must be for our colleagues of the Holiday Inn Gare Montparnasse which is close to the Gaite metro station.
We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn for your Parisian stay.
Best regards,
All the HIPMP team

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just returned from a four day stay at this hotel for business, firstly I'll start with positives:

Decent location, Metro is only 5-10 mins stroll away
Some half about restaurants and bars close by
Off road underground parking
Nice looking hotel and reception
Staff are friendly

The not so good bits:

Didn't get acknowledged that I was a Platinum member of the IHG group
Rooms was very shabby, lots of marks on the walls, nowhere to rest your case, cracked tiles in the bathroom, sliding cupboard doors wouldn't slide freely especially on the left side which was the side you hang your clothes up on.
My room was located near a service door which from 6am onwards squeaked continually as cleaners and service staff used it regularly, it needs oiling!!!!
Free wifi was a pain, it was a fresh code each day and you needed separate codes for different devices.
My key cards for the room would literally only work once, every time I tried again I couldn't get into to my room, with it being a busy hotel and one small lift it was pretty frustrating after the fourth or fifth attempt of getting the key recoded. I didn't have the key anywhere near my mobile (which they kept on asking!!).

Hotel arranged a taxi for me to travel to a shop across town to pick up a present for my wife, this cost €25 there and a normal taxi only cost me €15 on the way pack, €10 is quite a big difference!

Hotel car parking is good however, been warned it is very tight for moving around in, also my wonderful keycard didn't work again so I had to go up the stairs with all my bags as you can't access the lift without your card working.

Breakfast on the first day was a bit of a joke, with only a couple of people in there, there was still no cutlery out, no glasses for juice and no juice!! One Chinese guy next to me even starting eating cereal from a cup as there was no bowls then realised there was no spoons!

The second day however was better but it wasn't the best start for breakfast plus at €17 is expensive.

I'm not sure if I would stay again as it was a accumulation of too many little things which ended up with a frustrating stay, the staff were however very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: I had room 200 and would not recommend this room at all. It's in desperate need of refurbishment...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
parrgparis, Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Callumrobin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all experience you had during your stay and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

CA Ribeiro

Reviewed September 11, 2013

granted their "roll away" was better suited for a 3 year old than a grown adult.... albeit small adult but still from her mouth stated very un-comfy! as for the room its self was nothing special. we were close enough to cab back and forth from the center to the hotel wo great cost but far enough to not be as expensive as the ones near city center. we stayed for 4 nights and they were very nice about call in food (since the hotel no longer offered doorstep deliverary service but their chef had left he allowed us to order food in and eat in the dinning section so we could use the plates and cups. they were always very helpful for directions and opinions. OH on a sunday dont try getting food late.... theres nothing open!!! go early many many great cafes!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear PenguinLvsScifi,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.
Do not hesitate to ask us for a room with a largest extra bed on your next trip in Paris.

Best Regards
CA Ribeiro

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel is well situated about 10 min walk to a subway station. The rooms are good size, clean. We good a family room and it worked out very good. The hotel is situated between two metro stations. The one closer is by a police station but on the opposite side there is another station probably a couple of minutes more walking but my point is that there is a great pastry shop near that I highly recommend. I also recommend to make sure when booking the hotel to get breakfast included in order to avoid a pricy fee for it. The breakfast was good and the service was also good. Internet Wi-Fi was also OK for my internet phone. I would go back to this hotel in hearth beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mario O
parrgparis, Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Mario O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Your observations make us very happy as it is our goal to improve the welcome of our customers.

We hope to see you again soon

Best regards