“Not a safe area” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur
Ranked #1,207 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Not a safe area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

This is a clean hotel and the staff apart from one person are helpful, but the area is not safe even the local taxi driver told us. The hotel is near Montmartre but too far from everywhere else and there is nowhere nearby to have a meal or drink where you would feel comfortable this is the African quarter better to stay further into the city and nearer all the other sights. I wouldn't advise staying here if you are a woman travelling on your own and be very careful in the Metro nearby as there is always a police presence there because of trouble.

Stayed April 2011
1 Thank dizzy1714
direction66, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear madam,
Thank you to have taken the time to leave a comment.
We are very sorry you didn't appreciate the cosmopolitan aera of the hotel.
This aera is extremely safe and on one of our guest has any problem.
With the underground line 4 you are at Notre Dane Cathedral or Saint Germain des Prés within 15 minutes which is nothing in Paris !
We do hope welcome you again to make you appreciate our part of Paris!!
Emmanuel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have been to Paris a number of times and this is a reasonable hotel, clean, close to tube stations and a good base to use. It's not great after dark though, I didn't feel safe outside the hotel without my husband. There are some salubrious characters in the area so just be a bit street smart really.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McPhil
direction66, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear madam,
Thank you for your comment. we are soory you did not feel safe at night as there is absolutly no risk! It's a cosmopolitan part of Paris, no dangerous at all.
please come back!!!
Thanks and regard
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

This was our first stay in a Best Western Hotel. We were very well looked after and all of the reception staff we saw were more than helpful. If I had to single someone out it would be Gerald, who was very welcoming upon arrival. We particularly chose the location because it was within easy walking distance of Sacre Couer. Although the area is not great we did not encounter any problems, even at night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comment.
We do every thing possible to make the guests happy!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

We had a long weekend at this hotel (last weekend in March). The rooms were clean and smart, and if some reviewers think the rooms are small they should stay at some hotels in Paris! Our room, at the rear of the hotel, was quiet and the shower room was excellent - a pleasant surprise after reading reviews prior to our break. The reception, lounge and breakfast room were all very modern, clean and pleasant. The staff, particularly Alexander, were extremely helpful and provided useful information.

Have some reviewers led very sheltered lives? We didn't find the area at all threatening - yes it's busy with lots of vendors, which can become annoying, but we walked back from Montmartre at night and felt completely safe. It's best to avoid the metro station Barbes Rochechouart - the area in and around this station is teeming with pushy vendors, men selling cigarettes and ticket touts, and you do feel you have to run the gauntlet - but there's no problem if you get off at Chateau Rouge or Marcadet Poissonniers (both very close to the hotel). Two good restaurants by Sacre Coeur in Place du Tertre are La Boheme and Eugenes - we had a great evening meal at both, quite cheap too.

Would definitely stay here again - little bit out of central area but on direct metro line 4 - great value.

Maggie

Room Tip: Ask Alexander for tips about local area
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comment.
Please book again!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

What a disaster my stay here was. A door which the reception had to slam shut 4 times for it to lock (BUT IT WAS FINE) no hot water in whole hotel so no shower, told to boil the kettle very helpful. Then I went outside where prostitutes and rent boys line the streets. I demanded I was moved which I was with no taxi, given a map and sent to a closed metro line. NEVER GO THERE.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Johnnyc11
direction66, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear sir,
Thank you for your comment. The hot water has been fixed one hour after you left the hotel. You refused the taxi to go in the other hotel we have found for you saying you are able to get there by metro. The room's door is working proprely all the following guests know how a electronic lock works.
best regards.

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed 4 night in this hotel with my wife, the hotel location is not in the heart of the city but still easy to visit everywhere in paris, (metro)underground train just at the door step. Room are refurnished and aircondition in the room. Room is very clean,housekeeping staff did a excellent job! Every night when we come back to the room, room has been maked up, a bottle of still water on my table, the rose I bought for my wife has been put into a glass with water, we just feel so relax after a busy travelling day.When I need anything, I asked reception for adapter, wine opener and iron board,they send to me just in seconds!
I heared some one said the location is danger,but I did not feel it at all, I saw some poor people around that area,but they are all right and friendly.
I will be back to here again next time. It is a good value.

1 Thank liuyiran
direction66, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your comment.
we do hope welcome you again soon.
regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Very good services and convenient location. Careful supermarket right next to the hotel. Few steps away from metro and bus station. Close to marlyn rouge and sacre coeur. If you want to buy souvenirs wait to buy at Montmartre. Don't buy it in central Paris, very expensive.
There's a bakery close to the hotel that is very very good. You can eat a croissant, soda and desert for less than £ 5.
The wifii is really good! At the hotel they will try to find adapters for your laptop but make sure you bring it from home just in case.
Gerald was a big help! He gave us directions and was always willing to help us.
The metro is very easy to learn. I'm not used to metro at all and it was easy for me. If I was able to learned, you will learn too. Everyone around the hotel was very friendly and willing to help with directions. It's not dangerous at all. I was there with my 9 years old daughter for her birthday and with had an great experience. Oh! Don't forget to buy your Paris pass online, you will save money and time. You can even use the red tourist bus and the bateau mouche! (make sure you take your boat by the Eiffel Tower. You are not allowed to use any bateau mouche just the one by the tower!) The only time you will have to pay for metro pass is when you going from the airport to the hotel. It will cost you around £ 9.
I had a great time and I hope you enjoy Paris as much as I did.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Lucianafitch
Thank you for your comment.
Best regards.