Hotel Magellan
$512
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsarc de triompheminute walka quiet residential areametro stationsqueezed orange juicevery nice hotelbreakfast roomthree starfront desk staffrooms are smallwould highly recommend this hotelcentral parisarrondissementdistrictparisian
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, within 10 minutes walking of the Arc de Triomphe and the Palais de Congres. The hotel was clean, breakfast was good. They didn't speak much English, but I didn't need much.

The elevator was our of order on the first evening I was there, which made getting to the 5th floor somewhat of a challenge, but other than that all was fine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Lovely place! Clean, cosy and elegant. Delicious breakfast, nice and helpful staff in quiet and typical French location. It is only 10 mninutes walking distance from Porte Maillot (transport to and from Beauvais). Reception is open 24/7 and you don't have to pay extra for wi-fi. The small minus is that they don't accept Mastercard (there is mistake on booking.com). Anyway I loved our stay with my boyfriend in this place, couldn't even imagine anything better :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chakaa
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Me and my partner recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as a long weekend break. The hotel is located in a very quiet area and we had asked to be put in the annex, behind the courtyard which is notably quieter anyway and we weren't disappointed. The room was small but lovely with nice furnishings and a lovely power shower in the bathroom. A hairdryer was provided but was pretty ineffective so I would suggest you take your own. There was an ironing board and iron in the wardrobe and a 'free' safe. The only complaint I would have about the annex is that there's no lift and although only 2 floors high, it's still a bit of a drag having to haul luggage up 2 flights of stairs. The rooms were kept clean and the staff were friendly on reception. The reception and dining areas were immaculate.

We didn't use the room service for food so can't comment on that but the breakfasts were ok - typical continental style with croissants in abundance and meats and bread. No full English though, only boiled eggs which you had to boil yourself. We tried the tea but it wasn't very nice so stuck to coffee. The staff in the dining room weren't at all friendly and only one spoke some English. We got the feeling they didn't particularly like us (tourists).

Paris is lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip, visiting all the usual touristy attractions. The hotel is conveniently placed (about 5-7 minute walk) to nearest metro and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a long weekend break just off the beaten track.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for the annex through the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dans062
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed her quite awhile ago, with my daughters. We had a great time for the four days we spent here. It's clean, with all the necessary amenities and nothing over the top. It was very reasonably priced, and had a friendly front desk. The breakfast was typically french, fresh, simple and delicious. The croissants, cheese and other selections were bang on. It has a nice little bar for an evening drink and a charming patio in the garden out back. When I return to Paris, I will be returning here.

It is about a 7 minute walk to the metro and I loved the residential neighbourhood it was situated in. It was a genuine slice of Parisian life.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Scott C
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed here from the 1st-5th March 2012. I had a single room which was perfectly adequate, bed comfortable very clean. Free wifi for personal use also iron and ironing board. Breakfast was good cold meats/cheeses, variety of croissants and breads plus fresh orange juice Monday to Friday. Metro and RER within 5 minute walk. As I was travelling alone and arriving late departing early I used the Super Shuttle service which was excellent and took about 45 minutes. Would recommend this hotel, staff very friendly and professional. Excellent little restaurant 3 minutes away Ba-Yen.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo