“Never ever again!!!! Worse hotel ever!!!”

Hotel Royal Fromentin
Ranked #977 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've been staying at that hotel for 3 nights. As there was a special trade show or exhibition in Paris in this week the prices per night for any hotel were extraordinary high. At the Royal Formentin I paid nearly 300€ pN. The hotel pretty much reminded me to a frensh vintage movie. It is completly old and shabby furnished and just embarressing what they offer to their guests. The rooms have 0 Star standard and on the first morning I further had no hot water(!) At the reception they told me something about electricity problems... unbelievable! Don't waste money staying at this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Fromentin

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my Aussie friends for a night in Paris and wanted a cheap typical French hotel. This hotel ticked all the boxes. It was clean with a 1920s feel. Although our welcome wasn't the best the rest of the staff were helpful. We had 2 rooms. The first was very large and comfortable however the 2nd was much smaller and we all paid the same price. Breakfast was continental basic but plently. I think it was excellent value for money but families need to note it is in the red light district.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at Royal Fromentin. I would recommend it to everyone. The breakfast is good, the hotel has character and I just love the neighbourhood! The hotel staff was also really nice and helpful. We were lucky enough to be given the triple room with views of the Sacre Coeur and the Eiffel tower, as well as the well known and beautiful Paris roofs.

Room Tip: The top floor offers the best views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A Night at the Hotel Royal Fromentin won't kill you but it isn't going to furnish you with the best memories of Paris either. The doctored colours in the professional photos belie the drab colour scheme in the rooms, the beds are springy and sag when you're in them - which won't bother those on clandestine affairs or honeymooners planning to sleep entwined - but anyone who really values their sleep quality might want to give this place a miss.

The foyer, art deco architecture and antique elevator is a lovely touch, but I wouldn't want to stay here again unless they got new shower heads, fixed the water pressure and replaced the beds. The neighbourhood isn't intolerable, but you won't want to bring the family.

Room Tip: Ask them if they've any rooms with new beds?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Awful customer service, the manager here should be replaced, greedy hotel.I emailed to ask if we could postpone our booking as my little brother was admitted to hospital and the doctor had said he couldn't travel due to potential organ damage. Awful time for us. I didn't get a reply so I called.the lady on the phone was nice and changed the booking but then two days later I received an email in reply back to my original one saying this was not possible. I then went back and said its ok our booking was sorted over the phone and was told no the manager has changed his mind. Their use of exclamation marks in the email made me feel like they were making light of the situation like it wasnt a big deal! It really upsets me that at a time like this when my brother is critically ill they just change their mind and discard us. In my job we would never do this to a customer. Even the airline amended the booking and flights for us given the situation but no this greedy hotel took my money and told me to go away. They really don't care for their customers, the importance of the experience for customers or word of mouth.given our circumstances we would have really appreciated them making a special exception.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family