A great find...my husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of May 2013 with his parents to celebrate his father's 80th birthday. Many positives:
- location, location, location - steps from the Seine, short walk to metro, cafes, restaurants, shopping, walkable to Musee D'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame, etc, long walk but doable as far as Eiffel Tower (an 80 year old walked it!)
- Sound of silence - the quietest hotel I've ever been in...the renovations mentioned in other reviews are apparently over
- Space - Compared to other Euro spaces our room (#57) was roomy, with couch, desk, jet tub and sky light (plus strange 'loft' with staircase which took up room with no valuable reason).
- Quaintness (some things may not be for everyone, but we didn't mind) - real French maids, authentic French decorating, requisite snooty/charming front desk clerks, breakfast heartier elsewhere, smallest elevator ever, no bar or restaurant, serious shower leak, small - so no early check in for the red eye travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel, built in 1480, recently remodelled, 13 rooms, 6 suites, wall-fabrics - exposed beams - marble bathrooms, massage showers, jacuzzi in suites, view over rooftops, located near Saint Germain des Pris, Notre Dame, river Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Relais Hotel du Vieux Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.