Relais Hotel du Vieux Paris
$218
$194
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$295
  • Bar/Lounge
$252
$236
$205
  • Room Service
All reviewsquiet streetlatin quarterbeat hotelnotre dameleft bankexposed beamsbeat generationandre des artsplace st michelbeat poetsmichel metrocharming hotelrooms are smallboulevard stperfect locationside streetwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2007

A little gem tucked away on a quiet street -- right off Saint Germain.
We reserved a suite, as we had our seven year old with us, and it was perfect!! The small couch in the sitting room pulled out into a little bed. This also gave us a little more room space -- not easy to find in Paris.

Our suite was beautifully decorated (45). And, I did get to peek in some of the other rooms on that 4th floor . They were all beautiful.

Great location, walk to everything, beautiful rooms, exceptional if you're traveling with a small child.

The perfect Paris experience --- a small hotel (20 rooms) and very French. (The staff does, however, speak English well)

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. Also, ask for a room on a high floor. You'll get a much better view of the Paris rooftops.

I selected this hotel based on reviews from this website and was incredibly pleased. I thank my fellow travelers who posted their thoughts on the Relais du Vieux Paris. Our trip was magical!!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We were transferred to this hotel after the apartment we had booked was flooded. Despite its four star rating, the hotel was very disappointing. Our room was tiny - barely large enough to fit a standard double bed - no more than 150 sq feet. With two of us in the room all you could do was sit on the bed. The television was tiny.

The bathroom was also disappointing. The shower over the bath had a shower curtain in very poor condition, rather than the glass screen I'd expect of a four star hotel. The hairdryer, which is a key advertising point of the room on the company's website, was an absolute joke. It was impossible to dry your hair with.

Service was adequate, although they would not bring an iron and ironing board to our room - we had to go downstairs to reception to press clothes.

The only thing going for this hotel is its location, which is excellent. However for the money, the apartment we transferred back to after one night at Vieux Paris was infinitely better value and far, far more comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank rkodwyer
Reviewed November 11, 2006

An excellent hotel in an excellent location. We requested a quiet room and that's just what we got. Peace and quiet in the heart of St Michael.
Our room was charming with exposed beams even in the bathroom. We didn't bother with breakfast as there are so many places nearby.
This hotel is on the same street as the Villa D'estrees which we considered,but it is right next door to a lively bar as reviews have described.
The lift is not for claustraphobics!!
We have been to Paris on many occasions and would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Loverofluxury
Reviewed October 14, 2006

This hotel can't be beat. My husband and I stayed here the first week in October and we will never stay anywhere else. The location is amazing. The personalized service superb. Daniel was exremely helpful. We had a suite on the 5th floor and it was very large and beautiful. We had a loft in our room and we actually used it a lot. We would have our breakfast there every morning. The breakfast was great. Wonderful crescents, bread and cheeses. Freshly squeezed orange juice and coffe, tea or hot chocolate. The bathroom had a nice jacuzzi. The neighborhhod was great. Great restaurants and shopping. Just steps away from major attractions.

We can't wait for our next stay. We will never stay anywhere else. If you need any additional information, feel free to email me at vandenavond1@comcast.net.

Cary & Angie

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank VandenAvond
Reviewed October 13, 2006

The location of this hotel is excellent. Easily within walking distance of anything you'd like to do on the left bank. It's also very close to the metro and several ATMs.

We switched rooms three times. The first room (deluxe) was very nice, but was on the first floor street level, and we found it far too noisy. The first floor suite was also very nice, but there was a leak from the room above making the carpet wet and the room smell moldy. There was also mold in the bathroom around the jacuzzi tub. The third room (regular), on the second floor, was perfect. Although it was exceptionally small, it was quiet and had a very comfortable bed.

The concierge service was not what I expected from the reviews I read and the great communication we had prior to our trip. The highlight was the wonderful driver the hotel had waiting for us at the airport, and the conversations with him to keep him there when we were delayed by our luggage.

I was dismayed that the champagne, chocolates, and flowers that I ordered were not in our room when we arrived. Also, maybe it was our poor French, but they could not help us book a trip to Reims. The information the hotel gave my husband was not helpful, they did not book the trip, and the tourism office the conceirge sent my husband to did not book trips to Reims. Also, they may not be able to get you a taxi from one point in Paris to another - getting a taxi to the airport is apparently easier.

Also concerning the rooms, I was dismayed that when I requested two additional pillows (they give you 3 for a queen bed) only one was available.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple