“Cheap eats in an expensive part of town.”
Review of Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo
Ranked #2,718 of 18,122 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed August 21, 2013

There's nothing fancy about this place. It is a cafeteria style restaurant. The food is decent and the portions pretty large. The value is great for this part of town and provides a good way to have a decent dinner after a long day of sighseeing. It was very close to our hotel and when we wanted to eat wtihout waiting a long time, this is where we went. The best part is that they have individual servings of wine to go with your meal. I

2  Thank tbrad82

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The guide from our bus tour got us misleadingly excited about this self-service restaurant after he had repeatedly mentioned it's name and praised it as the best of its kind in Paris: when we arrived, we were all crowded by the entrance. The staff looked like they had no experience with bus groups, even though groups like this enter this restaurant almost everyday. Getting trays and utensils was an absolute disaster. The hallway was meant to be divided into two lines with two food stations so serving us would be easier, but then for some reason we had to keep switching sides. It was unclear what was included and what was not included in the meal, so it was frustrating to pick our desserts. At the food stations, they kept on running out of food and each time it took ages before new kettles came in. When were finally at our tables, we only had less than half an hour before we had to get back to our bus (the guide somehow was able to get his meal quicker than all of us). Apart from having to rush with the food, the meals itself weren't enjoyable. My steak haché lacked seasoning and was undercooked, and the green beans, on the other hand, were mushy and overcooked. I was highly disappointed...

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Saw this restaurant on trip advisor and as it wasn't too far from our hotel and we were arriving mid afternoon thought we'd give it a go for a late lunch. The website photos certainly made it look good.The cold dishes are all self service. We had the 11 euro menu which gets you a side salad, hot dish and drink. (I didn't chance a dessert as it was a very hot day and everything looked a bit runny).The hot dishes were unceremoniously dished up by a grumpy looking lady who meted out generous portions! I had the roast chicken which was ok but dry. Carrots were nice.. Cheap but not particularly cheerful it seems well used by families and Parisian workers.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ah, the many pleasures of eating at the 'Monte Carlo' restaurant in Paris. Lack of attention to the customer, being practically pushed by the GM while attempting to pick your dish and daring your friends to eat their range of vile 'desserts'. Seriously, I admit that the décor and the Toilets were respectable; but as soon as the food is slopped on your plate like something out of a children's movie about a kid with a terrible school life... your opinion quickly diverges. We arrived as a school party, eager to eat after a busy day, and got less than we bargained for when we heard that an 'Authentic Parisian Restaurant' was on the cards. Optimistic as ever, me and my friends decided to persevere, thinking: 'Well that was an unpleasant entry. The GM was clearly an agitated chap' (Or something along those lines), we sat down, fought for seats and tucked in... we wished we didn't. I must confess that my Sausage & Mash was tasty. Until I chewed on something I gagged on, I guess that was an excuse to visit the toilet, which seemed to have been better taken care of than us. But enough about that. The pudding tasted like cough medicine on the top, and sour milk underneath, and I'll be the first to bet that (Whatever it was) shouldn't have tasted like that. Take my word for it folks, you eat here, you waste your money. Stop in and have a tasty baguette with cheese instead. This place is foul.

1  Thank Curtis L
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I visited this restaurant and the food was great, the portions are big enough, and the price quite reasonable. It's a self service restaurant so don't expect a luxurious one, it's a really good option in the center of Paris for having a meal, with good price and good food.

1  Thank Rocco2006